Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caldecott

Workington v York

44 posts in this topic

How many are off up to this one then?

Must win if we have any chance of staying in this league. If they play for 80 we should win but will they be too tired with only 4 days between Hunslet and work commitments on Thursday.

I will be listening to the commentary on my laptop, that is if I haven't smashed it to pieces like I nearly did when I watched the Swinton match.

And its a no from me. Up for work at 3:30 on Friday and need all the beauty sleep I can get

Will be going up and keeping you in touch with the action as it happens, YCKon, but please don't hit me on the head as I have the long drive back afterwards !!

Actually got to start my stint compering the main stage at the marvellous Galtres Festival mid afternoon on Friday so hoping wont be too knackered !!

Because KISS are travelling to Wembley on Friday Morning, on a trip which was planned before the RFL decided to arrange fixtures on the week of the challenge cup.

There will not be a coach going to Workington.

Must win if we have any chance of staying in this league. If they play for 80 we should win but will they be too tired with only 4 days between Hunslet and work commitments on Thursday.

not sure how your form dictates that you should win this one. the town lads will be tired after a heavy schedule of late but im sorry we will have too much for you at home.

One thing you won't be able to use as an excuse is tiredness ! When Town play you on Thursday it will be our 7th game in 23 days, and our 3rd consecutive week with a midweek game.

I'll be listening from Ibiza...  B)

We'll be panicing in Greece - be 11.30 finish their time - so plenty of beer

Plenty of chance for GT to change/freshen things up on Thursday night - if you

think about it, could recall Potter, Stenchion, Smith, Lyons, Pressley & maybe

Dougie & Sully??

Personally think Ed Smith would stiffen up the defence & Aaron Lyons would improve the attack

Does anyone know how Nicholson is? Is he fit and he was taken off looking a bit worse for wear

Does anyone know how Nicholson is? Is he fit and he was taken off looking a bit worse for wear

Cream crackered I think - looked ok in the bar afterwards, mind you, a lot didn't look ok,

some were totally distraught by that result

Cream crackered I think - looked ok in the bar afterwards, mind you, a lot didn't look ok,

some were totally distraught by that result

Good that's he's fit as he's our go to forward. They were also a lot of distraught supporters on the terraces after Sunday. Lets hope they put things right on Thursday and come away with the required three points

22 Aug KO:19:30 Championship Rd: 25
Workington Town v York City Knights
Derwent Park

Ref: M Thomason

Will be going up and keeping you in touch with the action as it happens, YCKon, but please don't hit me on the head as I have the long drive back afterwards !!

Actually got to start my stint compering the main stage at the marvellous Galtres Festival mid afternoon on Friday so hoping wont be too knackered !!

Don't worry Andy it was Dave Woods, Brian Noble and Ian 'I have the most annoying Australian accent in history' Henderson who got smashed about following (6 minutes before the match ended actually) the Swinton match. :D

Although I did throw a few choice words in your general direction after the Dewsbury match.

spoke to nico on twitter he's fine was just tired pal.