See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

RL Challenge Cup Final, Hull FC v Wigan Warriors, 24/8/2013, KO 3pm

RL Cup Final Hull FC v Wigan Warriors   70 members have voted

1. 1. The dream...who will you be cheering for?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Not bothered as long as it's a good game.
  2. 2. The reality...who do you think will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors
    • The sport of RL as it'll be like1985 all over again.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

454 posts in this topic

Does anyone know when the Club Wembley seats go "open"? I thought it was 10 years after the first final which would be 2017 wouldnt it?

Interesting what people say about the top tier. Personally I will not go in it again (did it in 2007 and 2008 for financial reasons) as it is too far and decoupled from the action. The soulless middle tier also contributes to the decoupling, so hopefully by 2017 or whenever it is, it will be back to being full

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2337775/Wembley-crisis-posh-seats--CHARLES-SALE.html

Why does this not surprise me, soccer the main reason people/companies bought into this, doesn't deliver the goods. It turns into an expensive mass catered meal to watch a dull game. We then suffer on the back of that because people are not impressed by a sport they do know so why bother with a sport they hardly know.

Just a thought, do the RFL have access to details of who has signrd up for the debentures, or do we rely on the FA encouraging their customers to turn up for another sport?

Dear God, I read a few of the after-match posts on this thread and just gave up. The hysterical lack of perspective is even worse than ever. Not a great game, but hard-fought in defence and the better team on the day took the victory. Despite the technical foul-ups, the BBC treated the event very well indeed.

But it seems that every single negative point creates a feeding frenzy for the Jeremiahs, who seem to desire the extinction of Rugby League even more than the Rugby Union lot.

Coming late to this one but I'll throw in my tuppence anyway. Poor game, really poor weather, but a grand day out as always. Was sat with Hull fans and felt for them - so frustrating for them seeing their players drop the ball every other minute.

Already looking forward to next year's final!