Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

RL Challenge Cup Final, Hull FC v Wigan Warriors, 24/8/2013, KO 3pm

RL Cup Final Hull FC v Wigan Warriors   70 members have voted

1. 1. The dream...who will you be cheering for?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Not bothered as long as it's a good game.
  2. 2. The reality...who do you think will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors
    • The sport of RL as it'll be like1985 all over again.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

454 posts in this topic

Previous post can now be updated -

Joe Arundel @JoeArundel 17m

To all people asking I fractured my hand friday and will be getting an op today to fix it. Thanks for all the support! #Gutted

So depending on news today you would expect either Horne, Whiting or Crooks (if you can believe that) at centre

Terrible news for Joe as well as the team. He must be devastated.

I'm beginning to think Ben Crooks has more than an outside chance of making it.

Supporting Wigan (obviously) but even though I've been offered a ticket my wife is due to give birth in the next week so I'm not going this time. There are some things even more important to me than RL and family always wins.

That said I'll be glued to the telly box.

I hope everything goes well for you all.

Apart from the game of course ;)

Our daughter was born the day before we played Saints in the 2004 final. I didn't care if we won or lost.

Thinking back, though, at that point we could have played to our absolute best and not won. We've a much better chance this time.

Apart from Shannon McDonnell, I expect to see Hull at full strength in the backs. I reckon the Yeaman hobble off last week was pure theatrical kidology from Gentle and I think he's played down the return of Ben Crooks and Tom Lineham. I can't see him not fitting Richard Horne in there somewhere, we're a much better all round team when he plays, not only in attack but perhaps even moreso in defence.

I'm starting to feel a bit happier about our chances but still think Wigan will have too much on the day.

*Edit. Just noticed Sky Sports News saying Yeaman is definitely out, shows what I know.  :rolleyes:

I just think we've got a great chance, Ellis will be massive for us, people have been critical of him but his performance in the semi was immense, he dominated Westwood all game.

Wigan announced today that Waney is staying put for next season, has this been rushed out to steady the ship. It seems a strange time to announce it considering the way the Wigan media machine normally time things. 

I think Wigan are the team under real pressure in this one. 

That Hull defence of recent and our recent lack of penetration in attack still gives me the feeling that Hull will break the Wembley hoodoo, if they do I'm going to join in the party.

That Hull defence of recent and our recent lack of penetration in attack still gives me the feeling that Hull will break the Wembley hoodoo, if they do I'm going to join in the party.

Unlikely to happen but if it does, I shall seek you out for a Bitofaboogie.

Bitofaboogie will be hanging from the stadium rafters.

Nice to see Olympic gold medalist and Hull fan Luke Campbell will be presenting the trophy.

So Wigan don't have a sponsor long term....it just gets better.

Have Applicado paid in full or is their already a shortfall in the accounts?

Happens to the best....grateful no doubt that DW have chipped...we all need kind benefactors. 

It seems both teams are struggling to put out a prefered  squad but you have to go with what you have got. Unfortunately both teams are missing key players and this will change tactics and game plays another headache for the coaching staff, I might be wrong but I think the last time Danny Houghton played at Wembley Sir Steve Redgrave another Gold Medal winner was handing out the medals that day an U 11's curtain raiser Hull v Salford 1998 when the underdogs Sheffield Eagles beat the all conquering Wigan, how times change.

Is he still among us?

Is he still among us?

He lurks occasionally.

I actually meant a dance but put a capital b in there for effect.

I like SR100 - always up for a bit of a scrap with occasional moments of inspiration. He is Travis Burns.

I wasn't aware of Wigan missing any key players, which is something of a miracle given the recent devastation. Could make a less naïve man cynical.

Just 2 more sleeps then we'll be on our way - Wembley clothes, Wembley breakfast, Wembley chips (how much?!?!). Abide with me inc obligatory tears.

Been posting a daily countdown on Swindon St George's FB page. Genuinely excited about it, I'm really looking forward to this game.

I think the teams are so well balanced and evenly matched that the conditions should not affect the match too much. Insofar as Wigan tend to make fewer mistakes and capitalise on others' mistakes (when playing well), bad weather could favour us I suppose...

Ooh! Double page spread on the Final in today's Metro! :O 

As I work with a Richard Whiteing and a Dan Holdsworth, there is only one team I can support on Saturday. I am therefore becoming the founder member of the Richard Whiting fan club, magnanimously overlooking the fact that every time Wire have played FC this season, he has scored a try.

I'm getting nervous now.

I stupidly decided that I will spend tomorrow afternoon working at the British Library whilst my mates go out and have fun. I really need to have a word with myself!

Has probably been asked earlier, but which end is which?

Has probably been asked earlier, but which end is which?

Hull are in the East stand if thats what you mean? (behind the sticks)