Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pont rover

Super League 2014 for Fev ?

72 posts in this topic

I like the way he takes the credit for the last three years.

BBC Sport today:

Featherstone are ready to take the place of London Broncos if they pull out of Super League next season.

The Broncos, whose lease at the Twickenham Stoop runs out this year, played their final home game last Saturday without making any reference to their home venue for 2014 and have yet to announce any signings for next year despite losing at least eight players from their current squad.

"Whilst not ideal, we can be ready to mix with the greats of rugby league," Rovers' majority shareholder Feisal Nahaboo says. "We certainly deserve it. We've won the league three years on a trot and this year's shield is in our hands. Statistics don't lie and it would be farcical if space became available and we weren't offered entry."

I like the way he takes the credit for the last three years.

If we get into SL he can take credit for the last 30.

Where exactly in that post does he take the credit?

You have to read the post looking through green tinted glasses.

BBC Sport today:

Featherstone[/size] are ready to take the place of London Broncos if they pull out of Super League next season.[/size]

The Broncos, whose lease at the Twickenham Stoop runs out this year, played their final home game last Saturday without making any reference to their home venue for 2014 and have yet to announce any signings for next year despite losing at least eight players from their current squad.[/size]

Good point. I wonder who will be holding the funds under the escrow account. If we donm't get into SL what happens to them. Indeed are there any more conditions attached?

"Whilst not ideal, we can be ready to mix with the greats of rugby league," Rovers' majority shareholder Feisal Nahaboo says. "We certainly deserve it. We've won the league three years on a trot and this year's shield is in our hands. Statistics don't lie and it would be farcical if space became available and we weren't offered entry."[/size]

Third attempt. Computer gone crazy. I wonder who the third party is who is holding the escrow account and what are the conditions for release if we don't get into SL.

Where exactly in that post does he take the credit?

Where he says "We've won the league three years on the trot."

Third attempt. Computer gone crazy. I wonder who the third party is who is holding the escrow account and what are the conditions for release if we don't get into SL.

"We could if it ever became a criteria". We don't have one and don't need one, I think it is just a comment that we could deposit a "bond" with the RFL to prove our potential finances if required.

You have won the league leaders shield 3 Years, not grand final, not northern rail cup final. Besides, the pitch would need to be Flat to be taken seriously. The ground is coming on nicely though so well done with that. It's Cas who should be bricking it. Besides with the new restructure you would be mad to even try to eat in for 2014, prepare and build next year in time for 2015

You have won the league leaders shield 3 Years, not grand final, not northern rail cup final. Besides, the pitch would need to be Flat to be taken seriously. The ground is coming on nicely though so well done with that. It's Cas who should be bricking it. Besides with the new restructure you would be mad to even try to eat in for 2014, prepare and build next year in time for 2015

Parchute payment for the relegated team?  Might make sound financial sense to have a go now, pocket the cash and build again for promotion in 2015/16

I don't know what will happen next year but as we all know these people on board are now helping the existing board members to realise there ambitions of the club will come true If they all stick together and do the right thing and us supporters continue to watch this team together we will get there that's for sure

You have to read the post looking through green tinted glasses.

We had a big backer once.  He took us to Huddersfield.

No envy here, believe me.

We had a big backer once. He took us to Huddersfield.

No envy here, believe me.[/quote

To be honest he didnt have much to take , we have plenty going in our favour , own stadium , multi backers , an a lot more

With a 7 figure sum behind us, levelling the pitch would be small fry.

To be honest he didnt have much to take , we have plenty going in our favour , own stadium , multi backers , an a lot more

Good luck.

Good luck.

Thank you

Where he says "We've won the league three years on the trot."

Not "I've won the league three years on the trot", then? He's speaking on behalf of the club, not himself.

Small fry to level the pitch ?. Why aren't you doing it then ?. You will not/can not be given a go in 2014 simples. The RFL can't just say come on Fev your in. Too many implications for the RFL. As licensing isn't scrapped and we are still in a licensing period until 2015 I'm afraid Fax are the only ones who would be able to as they went through the process. I don't want them to, prefer to wait 2015 and everyone starts fair and square.

Small fry to level the pitch ?. Why aren't you doing it then ?. You will not/can not be given a go in 2014 simples. The RFL can't just say come on Fev your in. Too many implications for the RFL. As licensing isn't scrapped and we are still in a licensing period until 2015 I'm afraid Fax are the only ones who would be able to as they went through the process. I don't want them to, prefer to wait 2015 and everyone starts fair and square.

why should,nt Feth get in its obvious they are the only team who can secure the funding so if London do fold then let Feth give it a go why be so negative.

As you know the RFL can do what they want especially if the S/L clubs agree

Suzzy, take the rosé tinted glasses off and have a think. Fev have not gone through the process in a licensing period. Fax have, Fev don't have a stadium fit yet, fax have. Fev get given a go and 1.3 million quid to have a go. Get established with players for the year after, get relegated with a parachute payment of 650k + go into the new structure ahead of all the others with RFL hand puts more than the others. Leigh or fax chairmen take exception to this and seek legal advice.

The RFL will put Toulouse in first, they will then let championship fight it out next year with the same salary cap. 300k then after 2014 the new structure will be set and everyone played fair.

How are Fev going full time next year on 300k cap ?. 15k each. I don't think.

Oh dear.

Maybe this guy will rename Featherstone as 'cloud cuckoo land' while hes at it and buy the souls of everyone living in the village.

Can see the wheels coming spectacularly off this wagon in the near future.

Suzzy, take the rosé tinted glasses off and have a think. Fev have not gone through the process in a licensing period. Fax have, Fev don't have a stadium fit yet, fax have. Fev get given a go and 1.3 million quid to have a go. Get established with players for the year after, get relegated with a parachute payment of 650k + go into the new structure ahead of all the others with RFL hand puts more than the others. Leigh or fax chairmen take exception to this and seek legal advice.

The RFL will put Toulouse in first, they will then let championship fight it out next year with the same salary cap. 300k then after 2014 the new structure will be set and everyone played fair.

How are Fev going full time next year on 300k cap ?. 15k each. I don't think.

If your throwing snowballs here's some back. Fev own their own ground fax don't. Fev will have a centre of excellence soon fax won't. Fev have junior set ups all the way through fax don't. The pitch will be getting levelled. Also their is only 17 players next season going full time.