Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob8

Tour to Scandinavia

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

There have been several clubs spring up in Scandinavia.  Lund (Sweden), Randers (Denmark) and Copenhagen all have their attractions to any club looking to tour and there would be a warm welcome.

Let me know if your club would be interested, as we start planning the 2014 season soon.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Steve

facebook.com/danmarkrugbyleague

Good initiative Steve. Allow me to correct you though. Skåne Crusaders are in Lund (southern Sweden) and we also have Kungsbacka Broncos (Gothenburg area)

Good initiative Steve. Allow me to correct you though. Skåne Crusaders are in Lund (southern Sweden) and we also have Kungsbacka Broncos (Gothenburg area)

Tip for you Steve; get some prices for peopke tee'd up to make it easy; when we go to Serbia we just pay the Serbian RFL a price per head to cover bed, 3x meals, transfers and transport to games. Then clubs or organisations just have to work out their airfares.

Doesn't the RFL have to sanction these type of games ?

Doesn't the RFL have to sanction these type of games ?

Yes, once someobody makes an application for a particular game to go ahead - you don't need to sanction a potential game.

Indeed.

I was only asking because a few years ago clubs got stopped from going to Holland to play games when that country seemed to be more advanced than a few others who started popping up.

I was only asking because a few years ago clubs got stopped from going to Holland to play games when that country seemed to be more advanced than a few others who started popping up.

Both countries are members of the RLEF so this should be OK. Scandanavia is growing quite nicely. Not too quickly and building a nice tri-series international rivalry.

do they play in summer or winter Lol

Winter rugby in Tromso. Even hardy Yorkshire folk might have problems with the ice.

do they play in summer or winter Lol

We give winter a miss down here, as pitches are not available.  Otherwise, we would happily play year round.