Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celtic Rooster

NWCL

210 posts in this topic

What rot.

Participation at the age groups that Taxi is the fixture secretary of is well down from when they played with a winter break

NCL league having to rely heavily on 2nds and youth players.

NCL `A` teams have to postpone games and play mid-week

NWML 24 - 0 Increasing

Increase in teams travelling short

Participation at the age groups that Taxi is the fixture secretary of is well down from when they played with a winter break

Time for a change of leadership? Sounds like a league in need of some fresh blood with energy drive and belief in what they are trying to sell.

Jesus Christ! I'm getting really sick of Rugby League now. I just want to watch the game at any level, as often as I can. Everybody is suddenly an expert in all things except playing!

Time for a change of leadership? Sounds like a league in need of some fresh blood with energy drive and belief in what they are trying to sell.

:drag:

Here we are again looking at the whole summer/ winter move.

It's understandable that there are some teething problems but are we looking at this as a sport in a now larger market of sports due to the success of the Olympics. 

All the cancelled fixtures and lost players, have we considered why they left, was it the product, the time of year or the atmosphere in the sport

NCL league having to rely heavily on 2nds and youth players.

NCL `A` teams have to postpone games and play mid-week

NWML 24 - 0 Increasing

Increase in teams travelling short

Its impacting some but not all, clubs need to decide what the best fit for them is, and where they see the future

Everything needs to be considered on club by club basis, Winter for some will work, Summer for others.   But neither side of the debate should criticize the other for the path they have chosen

So hence the need to find an happy medium Spidey .

We will get there by taking in all the pros and cons but we can't ignore the negatives which ate impacting on the game. The thing all clubs want is regular meaningfull fixtures to promote the game no matter when we play at the moment IMO we are not reaching that goal on a regular basis some posters are saying lets sit and wait and do nothing that for me is wrong .

It may be as simple as exchanging ideas from club to club, find out why it works for one club and not another. Share best practice and all that

There's never going to be a one size fits all on this at the moment, i'll repeat its up to clubs to decide what fits them

some posters are saying lets sit and wait and do nothing that for me is wrong .

who's saying that?  No-one in this thread or any other is saying that.

Just because the clubs don't want to switch back on mass to winter isn't them saying they arent taking steps to modify hings to make them work better.

At some point in time the people of these forums need to except that CLUBS CHOOSE what their path might be. winter or summer or a bit of both if the option is provided...

So hence the need to find an happy medium Spidey .

Why is a 'happy medium' needed? Let clubs choose their own path.

Why are the winter lobby so afraid of choice?

I think you'll find that BARLA promote summer rugby as well as winter, you'll also find that the BARLA constitution allows clubs the choice and if you read the operational rules you'll also find that the RFL will tell you when your going to play and again if you look on the RFL website you'll also find that the RFL are only promoting the summer season.

It may be as simple as exchanging ideas from club to club, find out why it works for one club and not another. Share best practice and all that

That is exactly what I was hoping for when I joined this forum. Unfortunately it seems to be the exact opposite.

Who is afraid of choice ?

Ultimately the clubs will decide , so lets agree to disagree and see what unfolds .

I will leave some of you in your comfort zone behind the keyboard whilst I roll my sleeves up and go back to the coal face .

Who is afraid of choice ?

Ultimately the clubs will decide , so lets agree to disagree and see what unfolds .

I will leave some of you in your comfort zone behind the keyboard whilst I roll my sleeves up and go back to the coal face .

We've been active during the school holidays providing sports coaching in the community during the day three times a week. this Sunday we are promoting junior rugby league at the local village festival and I have a district meeting next Tuesday evening where we will be democratically deciding which method/system to use for the local cup this season.

That is exactly what I was hoping for when I joined this forum. Unfortunately it seems to be the exact opposite.

Unless I have missed something what ideas have you actually promoted / shared ?

We've been active during the school holidays providing sports coaching in the community during the day three times a week. this Sunday we are promoting junior rugby league at the local village festival and I have a district meeting next Tuesday evening where we will be democratically deciding which method/system to use for the local cup this season.

Fellow coal face worker your work in the community has never been in doubt , your like me a realist not a romantic :girlinlove:

Unless I have missed something what ideas have you actually promoted / shared ?

I'm beginning to see why volunteers in your league are leaving in their droves.

I have promoted the idea of replacing negative has-beens from a forgotten era who are running clubs and / or leagues with ( probably) younger enthusiastic talented people with enthusiasm and vision to drive the game forward.

I'm beginning to see why volunteers in your league are leaving in their droves.

I have promoted the idea of replacing negative has-beens from a forgotten era who are running clubs and / or leagues with ( probably) younger enthusiastic talented people with enthusiasm and vision to drive the game forward.

Where is your evidence we are losing volunteers in our league ? could you name just one , I was referring to further up the food chain .

And if you did your homework you would find our little mob are very pro-active in promoting the game in all four seasons and do the small understated things right .

So what is it other than to try to wind this old dog up do you have to offer ?

Where is your evidence we are losing volunteers in our league ? could you name just one , I was referring to further up the food chain .

And if you did your homework you would find our little mob are very pro-active in promoting the game in all four seasons and do the small understated things right .

So what is it other than to try to wind this old dog up do you have to offer ?

Taxi was your league expanding when you had a season with a break ?

Taxi was your league expanding when you had a season with a break ?

Yes it was Jim with full squads playing most games .

Yes it was Jim with full squads playing most games .

What's it like now?

Still a strong comp but there is a marked change in the numbers of players available each week.

We have lost a couple of teams but we did so in the other season , our registrations are down about 10%.

We have had more games cancelled than ever before down mainly due to unavailability of kids and coaches.

Our teams have worked together to have mini round robins to minimise the number of games lost and maximise playing time for the kids who are available .

Still a strong comp but there is a marked change in the numbers of players available each week.

We have lost a couple of teams but we did so in the other season , our registrations are down about 10%.

We have had more games cancelled than ever before down mainly due to unavailability of kids and coaches.

Our teams have worked together to have mini round robins to minimise the number of games lost and maximise playing time for the kids who are available .

The availability of coaches was something we identified as an issue were trying our best to increase our pool of coaches to ensure the kids don't lose out. We've got about 6 shadowing teams awaiting the course to get qualified so hopefully we have backup for next year.

I'm not one of those who says everything is rosey, far from it but we regularly review where we are up to, but I do think in the long run were in the right season for our club