Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chairman LMAO

So pleased to announce ...

17 posts in this topic

great workhorse.i like these lads who play to keep a shirt. well done batley, bod/staff.

Phil Mitchell has been excellent for most of this season, despite a slight lull during the middle of the campaign when he appeared a little tired. Only to be expected given the fact that this is really his first full season at any professional level. Lets hope he gets a regular start at loose forward. He's got all the skills needed to be a great success in that position.

Tremendous signing, things looking very positive for next season. Davies always reminds me of Adrian Vowles in stature and in the way he plays.

Excellent news and another important signing for next season.

On another note what about Grimmer at Hunslet? Can't see him staying at hunslet if they are relegated and can play a few positions like loose forward. Blighted by injury but could be worth a shot?

Hi folks,just returned from a 10 day 'net free break and may have lost touch a little. Am I right in thinking that re-signings so far are Greenwood, Potts, Campbell, Black, Smith, Rowe, Davies and Applegarth, with Leek already offered terms for next season? Do we also now agree that Leatherbarrow and Nicholson are also joining us? Basically then, we need to get the centres sorted out and we've got 13 men. I suppose there will be  couple more waiting in the wings that Jk has lined up, so from the panic of 4/5 weeks ago i feel much better now, thank you nurse!!

Not sure about Potts rumoured to be going to Fax?

Not sure about Potts rumoured to be going to Fax?

Really? Shame. He would have been one of my keeps this season. I think his form has really suffered with being in and out of the team.

The thing about Potts is he plays on a wing we tend to rarely utilise these days. Makes him look less effective than he actually is.

Going well , but Still lots of positions to fill tho Phildog , going by who we think will be with us next season , if leak signs he can play 6,7 or 9 , applegarth can also play prop

miles                                     Full back

JC                                        wing    

blackie/leatherbarrow          Half back

leak/nicholson                     Hooker

centre

loose forward

applegarth/davies                 2nd row

smith/rowe                             props

I mistakenly thought that I had seen a report on Potts signing, must have been dreaming. We can't loose him, as our fullback cover would go, although I think he should still be in as a winger anyway, look at his first season! Would anyone agree that we didn't get the best of Faal this year due to injury etc. but proved his worth v Halifax with that great break, hope he stays and gets a lengthy run, he's a big lad. I hope we don't go back to using a 2nd rower as makeshift centre as i don't think we have one with the pace, much as I like Bretherton, he's now an out and out 2nd rowman (if he stays!!).

Nice to see someone from Batley scoop £6 million on the lottery. Hope he's a Bulldog :lol: