Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

class of 63

Barrow

49 posts in this topic

And Big David Mills is back which is good too !!

Wish it was 97 but it was ten years earlier

Sorry. Typo. Yes 87. Derek Bate, etc. Followed by Wigan v Warrington and Joe Lydon try

Feeling very apprehensive right now...hope we get the win but if we don't and it goes pear shaped I'll still be there supporting our team. Good luck lads.

Results according to Love RL site

Lions 22- 0 Barrow

Worky 22- 18 York

Sheffield 36- Hunslet 26

Keighley 4 -Fax 34

Fev 52 - W'haven 4.

You can't ask for more than that. We gave them no bonus point...and no points!

Tough to choose a MOM today as everyone performed well. It was an edgey first 40 from both sides, hence the 0-0 scoreline. We got the breaks in the 2nd half. Harvey being alive to Watto's kick getting us moving and them a piece of brilliance from Jordan Burke got us the 2nd. Kev ran it in from 40 yards and then a bit of luck (finally!) Let Mendeika (top try scorer btw) score the last one.

A real team performance and we played for the full 80. Evans was solid at FB in Ritchie's absence. Barlow had a great game as well. But overall everyone dug deep and got us a huge 3 points and it gives us a chance, going into the last set of games next week.

Amazing defence tonight, and difficult to pick the m-o-m, as it was a real team effort!

The lads really showed what they can do following that last seconds kick in the b******s we had at Donny!

Let's go to 'Haven, and stay up in style with a win!

Proud to be a Lion, and (as ever) my shirt will grace Wembley on Saturday!

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly.

Mine too Spelly.

Again the lads were brilliant all of them. It's a big ask to nil anybody at Rugby yet Swinton did it with style,granted a touch of luck as well.

Gary Chambers has taken some real stick in recent weeks but whatever he,Watto and Marlon have said and done they deserve real credit because we have a very strong team here.

Off to Wembley tomorrow very happy.

Well done to Swinton tonight... best team won but to be honest guys I think we deserved a BP !

I would just like to say a big well done to all the players and coaching staff after tonight's terrific hard earned win, just to let all you swinton supporters out there know that my son and all the Warrington dual reg players thoroughly enjoy playing for this great club an. Play with pride wearing the shirt! And how a few weeks have changed our season with much improved performance week by week, foremost the coaching staff Ian, Marlon and most of all Gary who'd done s fantastic job to turn this club around I know Gary well very humble passionate and believes his own ability well done Gary so proud and respect too you! Let's get behind the guys and like my son said tonight your great supporters with passion and it really lifted them Players tonight, let's go in to next week's game full of confidence and kick on next year, and I'm sure great things are just around the corner , keep the faith regards phil

I would just like to say a big well done to all the players and coaching staff after tonight's terrific hard earned win, just to let all you swinton supporters out there know that my son and all the Warrington dual reg players thoroughly enjoy playing for this great club an. Play with pride wearing the shirt! And how a few weeks have changed our season with much improved performance week by week, foremost the coaching staff Ian, Marlon and most of all Gary who'd done s fantastic job to turn this club around I know Gary well very humble passionate and believes his own ability well done Gary so proud and respect too you! Let's get behind the guys and like my son said tonight your great supporters with passion and it really lifted them Players tonight, let's go in to next week's game full of confidence and kick on next year, and I'm sure great things are just around the corner , keep the faith regards phil

Thanks very much for those comments, I feel that some people myself included will be owing Mr Chambers an engraved apology come the end of the season.  Well done all at the club, the great escape is still on!  Hard fought match tonight especially in the first half but we out fought them tonight very impressed with the team at the present time whatever they're doing keep it up its obviously working. :biggrin:

I think Gary has shuffled players around to get the best out of the players, and he's found players strengths and weakness, Gary's very calm and precise what he wants to achieve from his players, having a game plan and going on the pitch giving easy yards with penaltys won't be part of his plan but over recent weeks he's eradicated that And general bonding of the players is what you hot to have in sport, I went with my sons girlfriend and we was so proud of the players tonight and Thoroughly enjoyed the support the dual registration players got from the lions fans as it means a lot to them :)

I am guessing mick burkes boots is Jordan burkes dad whom I had the pleasure to speak to at the Salford friendly and he is a knowledgeable and enthusiastic rugby league fan despite following Widnes. ...

Our season has been transformed in recent weeks with some awesome defence and commitment

We score some nice tries too with some flair which has been long lacking.

Tonight we were tough and hard. We are no push overs

Rhys Evans chase and tackle on Nicholson typified that

Why did Barrow pass forward when they should have walked in is beyond me

It was a turning point for me

Penny yet again was class as was his try however dodgy it was how it ended up in his hands

Harvey especially deserves a mention ...playing injured and proving his doubters wrong week after week

A good night. Well done to all.

We did meet Mark nice to catch up hope your well !we was great in the second half and we stayed in the arm wrestle till the end Great team effort :)

Im absolutely fine mate. Hope you are too

Im at work now dealing with the great unwashed with a big smile...

I am guessing mick burkes boots is Jordan burkes dad whom I had the pleasure to speak to at the Salford friendly and he is a knowledgeable and enthusiastic rugby league fan despite following Widnes. ...

Our season has been transformed in recent weeks with some awesome defence and commitment

We score some nice tries too with some flair which has been long lacking.

Tonight we were tough and hard. We are no push overs

Rhys Evans chase and tackle on Nicholson typified that

Why did Barrow pass forward when they should have walked in is beyond me

It was a turning point for me

Penny yet again was class as was his try however dodgy it was how it ended up in his hands

Harvey especially deserves a mention ...playing injured and proving his doubters wrong week after week

A good night. Well done to all.

Mark,

Way back when Gary Chambers was first appointed he attended question and answer session at the Borough Social, one of Watto's testimonial events. He came across as a real genuine guy but one of the comments he made was that he wanted the Lions playing attacking expansive attacking Rugby and in recent weeks he has achieved this aim.

The guy has had a rough deal from a view on this forum and in the crowd ( understandably since some of the results and performances were poor) but credit is now due to him and all concerned. We now have a very strong team.

Well done to Swinton tonight... best team won but to be honest guys I think we deserved a BP !

Totally agree, only our dogged defence prevented this.

:shout:

Let's go to 'Haven, and stay up in style with a win!

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly.

Haven yes! Let's charter a train to Whitehaven from Swinton station like we did to Workington (two trains) in the Cup back in 1964.

:shout:

Well done lads, I managed to get the commentary on my ipad and the whole of Ireland was behind you.......well the Wiganers around the table. I ate my dinner and all my fingers!

Especially well done GC who, according to our own 'Mystic Meg' was gonna throw the towel in a few weeks ago. It also seems congratulations may have to go to our Chair for his appointment in the first place.

Stay up or go down id all up to us. We want it, the lads want it and were gonna ave it!

Thanks to BBC Radio Cumbria I was able to listen to the commentary on my phone in Majorca....though the others in the restaurant weren't as impressed!

Couldn't believe it when York were in the lead and Hunslet were level with Sheffield...nearly choked on my chorizo! Though it shows anyone can turn in a performance at some time, so we need to go to Haven and get the 3.

Well done to all the lads and it's great to have the feedback from Mr Burke regarding how the lads feel.

Mustn't it be rubbish if you don't have promotion and relegation between leagues. You can be a ###### team in Superleague, languish at the bottom and "plan for next season", but where's the sporting fun in all that. It's been more exciting these last few weeks than when we won Champ 1.

...anyway that beer at the side of the pool will be getting warm....adios amigos and see you at Haven!

Well done lads, I managed to get the commentary on my ipad and the whole of Ireland was behind you.......well the Wiganers around the table. I ate my dinner and all my fingers!

Especially well done GC who, according to our own 'Mystic Meg' was gonna throw the towel in a few weeks ago. It also seems congratulations may have to go to our Chair for his appointment in the first place.

Stay up or go down id all up to us. We want it, the lads want it and were gonna ave it!

"Gary Chambers' post match quotes make me suspect he is seriously considering resignation."

I wonder who said that?

Its amazing looking back at the forum how things change so quickly in sport. How fickle we are as fans and how favour is so easily lost or won.

Some valuable lessons can be learnt by those who choose to from the last few weeks. Myself included.