Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

topladtownie

Town v York match thread

61 posts in this topic

Town 4 York 0

Try on 2 mins from Declan Hulme

Town team

Briscoe, Miller, Mossop, Hulme, Flynn, Lupton, C.Phillips, Dowes, Mattinson, Acton, B.Phillips, Morris, Olstrum. SUBS Rooney, Robinson, Connor, Thackray

Town 10 York 6

C.Phillips try after kick from Lupton and take from Miller, who gave to supporting Phillips

Conversion Lupton

Town 16 York 6 (37mins)

Hulme over again after York handling error, taking the ball 60 yards for try.

Lupton converts

Town 16 York 10

Conversion missed after Knights try on 42mins

Knock on, on our first carry and then penalty given away. Certainly make it hard for ourselves.

Then restart kick goes out on full. :no:

Come on Town

Town 16 York 18

Penalty surely not for York.

Need to keep hold of the ball and stop giving penalties away.

Town 22 York 18

Jason Mossop try on 67mins after good work from Lupton

Connor kicks from wide out

Cough up possession then knights nearly score in last seconds

Hooter gone.

Get in there final score Town 22 Knights 18

Fantastic Town considering the hard schedule.

Looks like a 8th place finish on the cards, and a trip to Batley in play offs

Up the Town

Cough up possession then knights nearly score in last seconds

Hooter gone.

Get in there final score Town 22 Knights 18

Fantastic Town considering the hard schedule.

Looks like a 8th place finish on the cards, and a trip to Batley in play offs

Up the Town

did we finish above dirthaven?

Barring a massive swing in goal difference in the last game, we will do ;)

Tough tough tough, York a better side than their league position shows, Peter Lupton & Declan Hulme outstanding tonight.

Funny seeing Elliot and Callum getting off the pitch sharpish as they're off on holiday tonight.

Well done to all the lads for dragging their bodies through the game and picking it up after going for a kip at the start of the second half.

Best team in Cumbria now barring a 100ish point swing in scoring difference next week

Tough tough tough, York a better side than their league position shows, Peter Lupton & Declan Hulme outstanding tonight.

so too Morris and Mossop and Dowes experience at the end. That last gutsy effort just clinched it. Well done to the popular side too keeping behind them right to the end. Not easy watching but great performancet considering.

We got out of jail tonight. A fairly error ridden performance where we just and so did enough. Probably the result of fatigue again so well done I bet theres a few sore bodies in the changeroom

That was a very courageous performance , and you could tell we were pretty determined to end our home season with a win . We make the top 8 and that's heroic at the end of season one . Two maligned players by some of us at times were the standouts tonight - Mossop and Dowes . Matty was on empty but gave everything . I find Red frustrating . He does good things then shows why he is in this league . Thacks got hooked and never reappeared ? Maybe my eyes but I thought I saw Carter in the warm up , maybe not ? I thought they were unlucky not to win . They were slick , made good yards , had good kicks and their shift to the fringes was excellent . Two of our tries the York fans thought were dodgy ? So a win to finish a solid first season , but looking ahead next year is massive ... We need to improve our error rate which is chronic and kills us . The start of the second half encapsulated it . And we must find more zing , pace and dimensions in attack . Many other teams look livelier with the ball , and so often we look ponderous and a bit lost , as shown by sideways play and basic obstructions . If we smarten up the basics , and find some key personnel to inject some fizz in offense , we have a solid foundation already to build on . Excellent first year foundations , lets build a strong fortress on that next year . Well done under difficult circumstances .

That was a very courageous performance , and you could tell we were pretty determined to end our home season with a win . We make the top 8 and that's heroic at the end of season one . Two maligned players by some of us at times were the standouts tonight - Mossop and Dowes . Matty was on empty but gave everything . I find Red frustrating . He does good things then shows why he is in this league . Thacks got hooked and never reappeared ? Maybe my eyes but I thought I saw Carter in the warm up , maybe not ? I thought they were unlucky not to win . They were slick , made good yards , had good kicks and their shift to the fringes was excellent . Two of our tries the York fans thought were dodgy ? So a win to finish a solid first season , but looking ahead next year is massive ... We need to improve our error rate which is chronic and kills us . The start of the second half encapsulated it . And we must find more zing , pace and dimensions in attack . Many other teams look livelier with the ball , and so often we look ponderous and a bit lost , as shown by sideways play and basic obstructions . If we smarten up the basics , and find some key personnel to inject some fizz in offense , we have a solid foundation already to build on . Excellent first year foundations , lets build a strong fortress on that next year . Well done under difficult circumstances .

the york fans need to look at their first try which consisted of forward passes galore.