Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

topladtownie

Town v York match thread

61 posts in this topic

Phew another hard fought game and well done to the lads for seeing it out successfully. I thought York looked like a good little team and their passing movements was sharp and crisp and they always looked dangerous with ball in hand. We gave away some silly penalties which cost us points and position several times. I thought their number 6 (Brown?) had an excellent game with his organising their team and all their plays came from him.

I don't think the York fans, and well done to the handful that made the trip, could complain about our tries after their first try which had at least 2 forward passes in the move but it was a good inter-passing play and looked good.

you could do with a couple of younger forwards and a half back ( 6 ) with a bit of pace to compliment Callum - Lupton has been immense but he would be equally affective at 13 and could interchange with Olstrum. We have spoke about outside backs and the need for a strike centre etc etc but fix the middle up and get rooney back to full fitness and its an all different ball game. 

First of all, well done lads on getting a well deserved win and giving us supporters a winning end to the season at home.

York played very well and you could see they were up for this match and could have sneaked the three points at the end.

MOM for me was Declan, with Luppy, Mossop, and Dowes playing well.

Carter I heard was injured from the Barrrrra match. From the conversation Thacks was having in the car park, I very much doubt we will see him again, wasn't to happy about being taken off again ! I would love him to stay but I cant see it.

So again well done everyone, great season, wev had some highs, wev had some lows, but we have done what we had to do STAY UP!  now to get ready for Wembley, come on Wigan :)

Oh nearly forgot, hard luck shaven underneath us again. Town the Real Pride of Cumbria :)  :)

Definitely wouldn't even consider resigning Thackeray waste of time - if only he was as good as his ego - last year very good - this year pap

Well done to all the players that have played in these last couple of weeks, it's been a great first season now lets kick on and do the best we can in the play-offs and started signing and resigning for next season.

Ps first player I would sign is Declan Hulme on 12 month loan .

A superb victory by the lads who gave their all again. The RFL need a good kicking the way the end of season has fallen for us. The players have put in a heroic stint playing with injuries etc.

We have had a superb season and to be in the play offs barring a couple of weird results is better than I hoped for.

Definitely wouldn't even consider resigning Thackeray waste of time - if only he was as good as his ego - last year very good - this year pap

What is the purpose of this post TF10? When you talk about his ego it sounds like you know the man - do you??

Noticed Olstrum looked like he couldn't run at full belt even if he wanted to yesterday. Wonder if thats him for the season now?

Noticed Olstrum looked like he couldn't run at full belt even if he wanted to yesterday. Wonder if thats him for the season now?

after seeing karls eye after the game i would be amazed if he could play again this season.

after seeing karls eye after the game i would be amazed if he could play again this season.

It was like summat off a Rocky film wasn't it!!!

Well done to all the players that have played in these last couple of weeks, it's been a great first season now lets kick on and do the best we can in the play-offs and started signing and resigning for next season.

Ps first player I would sign is Declan Hulme on 12 month loan .

I know you would like him for 12 months but i feel he may get more first team games for Widnes next year.His dad thinks 3 months loan be best for him. A player i would think about is Tom Gilmore who is a halfback in our u19s, and is a Academy England International too.He is much better than Craven in ability just Danny Craven is more developed.

It was like summat off a Rocky film wasn't it!!!

it was a shocker pal.

the york fans need to look at their first try which consisted of forward passes galore.

Yeh all 3 of them, they had more flags than fans !!!

I know you would like him for 12 months but i feel he may get more first team games for Widnes next year.His dad thinks 3 months loan be best for him. A player i would think about is Tom Gilmore who is a halfback in our u19s, and is a Academy England International too.He is much better than Craven in ability just Danny Craven is more developed.

Well done lads the last few weeks have seen some heroic performances given the games we've had to play, thanks for signing off in front of the fans with a win. It wasn't pretty but it sure was gritty, I'm proud of you all.

Finished above the "pride of Cumbria" which is nice even though it was by default according to our deluded neighbours. They know the rules, maybe they should try competing for the full eighty, then they would get a few more of those ridiculous bonus points. :tongue:

Congratulations as well - BUT the season is far from over - an away trip to Batley is not something that this bunch of lads should fear . They should go out and play their socks off and who knows a result is far from out of the question . I would be resting players at Halifax to get them fresh for the playoffs

Well done lads the last few weeks have seen some heroic performances given the games we've had to play, thanks for signing off in front of the fans with a win. It wasn't pretty but it sure was gritty, I'm proud of you all.

Finished above the "pride of Cumbria" which is nice even though it was by default according to our deluded neighbours. They know the rules, maybe they should try competing for the full eighty, then they would get a few more of those ridiculous bonus points. :tongue:

No default marra were where we are because weve took too many hammerings not enough bonus points and we haven,t hammered too many teams ourselves giving them bonus points you lot shouldn,t have got a BP at the recre but you dug in and got one which we haven,t done all season apart from at DP which we where lucky to get aswell been to too many away games this season when weve started well been in it up to half time then a couple of quick tries against us and thats it so basically the table doesn,t lie only bad thing for both teams this season is the crowds considering weve both had good first seasons the crowds where no better than last season in champ1

I  would be resting players at Halifax to get them fresh for the playoffs

Am not sure there are any spare to rest! lol

wow the jam forum is quieter than a library not even a thread on last nights game and they few that have shown up on there are talking about a merger!. As for our players there must be some battered bodies after such a punishing schedule. Well done lads.

Not a chance of Worky getting TOM , Betts only sends players to Workington that he cant be arsed with or needs to give them a lesson that could backfire with Declan !!! Hulmey would play at Workington all next year if he could , he loves the crack with the rest of the players , he tells me they are all down to earth with no over inflated ego's

Obviously you know more about Betts and the treatment of players then?Unless I was at the club it is hard to say to be honest.Alot of Widnes fans want Betts out.You a Warrington fan?lol

wow the jam forum is quieter than a library not even a thread on last nights game and they few that have shown up on there are talking about a merger!. As for our players there must be some battered bodies after such a punishing schedule. Well done lads.

This is the article they are talking about. http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk/haven/eye-on-the-ball/it-was-easier-to-bring-down-the-berlin-wall-than-talk-of-west-cumbrian-amalgamation-1.1079418

We all know how fatigue and tired our lads are yet we have thackary come 4 hundred miles to play 15 minuets seems very strang to me?