Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vikingste

Mike Calvin- Unadulterated Rubbish

279 posts in this topic

Never suggested he would. ..and a good job too!

Just pointing out how direct some of the comments were..just the sort of thing to help build bridges eh?

Seriously John why would I want to build bridges with someone who thinks I'm a twenty stone northern monkey who lives in a ghetto and likes to waste my time watching human dodgems when I could be at some hoo ha or other?

Seriously John why would I want to build bridges with someone who thinks I'm a twenty stone northern monkey who lives in a ghetto and likes to waste my time watching human dodgems when I could be at some hoo ha or other?

Correct. Why do we need to do any bridge building? It isn't RL fans throwing insults around. (In the national press)

Bad spelling being highlighted on TRL? Hmmm.

Not sure of your point.

Nobody here is getting paid for our professional contributions.

I find the post written by Martyn unbelievable. The RFL come across as being incredibly naive and amateurish in that post...

Never suggested he would. ..and a good job too!

Just pointing out how direct some of the comments were..just the sort of thing to help build bridges eh?

Why should we want to build bridges with someone who expresses opinions like that?  I certainly don't, and I certainly don't take back the description I gave of my responses to his article.

I want to build bridges with those journos who at least comment or report upon a match with an open mind and who aren't concerned with promulgating stereotypes, prejudice and spurious insults.  I'd much rather foster relations with the Daily Telegraph journo, for example, who wrote two extremely good articles following the match.

https://twitter.com/CalvinBook/status/372122392388042752

Interesting discussion between him and Matt Hughes from the times.

That conversation just confirms what an un-knowledgeable idiot the man is.

I want to build bridges with those journos who at least comment or report upon a match with an open mind and who aren't concerned with promulgating stereotypes, prejudice and spurious insults.  I'd much rather foster relations with the Daily Telegraph journo, for example, who wrote two extremely good articles following the match.

In that case read League Express.

Arindam Rej comes from Hull and cut his teeth on League Express, as well as writing for other publications.

In my opinion he is an outstanding writer, but unfortunately, from our point of view, he also covers a lot of cricket and football these days for the Telegraph and other outlets.

But he still occasionally writes for League Express and Rugby League World.

Oh yeah, he's really going to log into this forum to see what the semi-literate northern apes think of his piece isn't he?

He strikes me as just the kind of bloke that googles himself twelve times a day, so I'd expect him to read this thread.

Is it too tribal of me to expect Martyn Sadler to simply spark this moron out next time he sees him?

Read @CalvinBook's #ChallengeCup comments? Remove journalistic embellishment & it's common held view of RL outsiders

Who is Ian Ramsdale?

TBH, looks like a little ass-kissing from Ian.

Saying 'remove journalistic embellishment' is out of order. Nobody would have had an issue if he had made serious points about lack of awareness or commercial income - most agree with this - the journalistic embellishment elements of the article were exactly the issue.

I may have missed it, but nobody is criticising him for saying we need to raise awareness.

does any other sport have to put up with this? Why not?

This is an annual occurence so why the surprise.

Editor of National Daily to Ru scribe: know anything about Rugby League, at all; yeah it's played up north by whippet racers............and so on.

Every time a National paper does the same old thing, so wouldn't one like to be innovative and allow one R/L reporter the chance to do and write on what his opinion of say an 6 Nations borathon creates for him and the cretins that indulge in R/L..............don't be holding your breath boy's, it won't happen, never. 

This is an annual occurence so why the surprise.

Editor of National Daily to Ru scribe: know anything about Rugby League, at all; yeah it's played up north by whippet racers............and so on.

Every time a National paper does the same old thing, so wouldn't one like to be innovative and allow one R/L reporter the chance to do and write on what his opinion of say an 6 Nations borathon creates for him and the cretins that indulge in R/L..............don't be holding your breath boy's, it won't happen, never. 

It seems to have changed over the last few years. They just ignored it completely!

TBH, looks like a little ass-kissing from Ian.

Saying 'remove journalistic embellishment' is out of order. Nobody would have had an issue if he had made serious points about lack of awareness or commercial income - most agree with this - the journalistic embellishment elements of the article were exactly the issue.

I may have missed it, but nobody is criticising him for saying we need to raise awareness.

yes, but who IS Ian Ramsdale?

didn't the revered Clare Balding mention that RL fans are "chippy"? 

insult any group of people and they will often act in ways that people can describe as 'chippy'.

BBC commentator, freelance journalist, radio and tv producer, podcaster, blogger ...

Who is Jason Ryding? Just been reading his tweets about Calvin and all he has done is prove Calvin right. Now wonder he's resorted to blocking.

Clearly I don't agree with Calvin and yes some research would have been good, but as I've said already, shooting the messenger is not the way to solve anything. And Calvin is not the only one to harbour misconceptions. Class war, Union V league, north v south no longer washes in the 21st C.  Neither does responding in what some interpret as the same vein.  Anyone asked the Independent for the right of reply? An opportunity to have your say?

"O wad some Power the giftie gie us To see oursels as ithers see us!"

BBC commentator, freelance journalist, radio and tv producer, podcaster, blogger ...

well, quite clearly as he seems to agree with Calvin, please can we all send him abusive and insulting tweets? Same with Clare Balding?

well, quite clearly as he seems to agree with Calvin, please can we all send him abusive and insulting tweets? Same with Clare Balding?

No - he actually dismissed the negative insulting stuff, putting it down to journalistic embellishment. Why would he do that?

Why would Calvin block me for asking a question?

*cue something droll about being offended on a daily basis by reading posts on this forum*

;o)