Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JimbobRam

Craven keighley bound ?

64 posts in this topic

GOR - I am still getting over the shock of you using the term 'Marquee Signing' and 'Michael Platt' in the same post!

I hope that after all the opinions expressed and advice given on this Forum over the last few years, our Fans regard

the efforts and committment to secure 2 players to cover the half back positions as 'Marquee' signings.

Leon Pryce would be a 'Marquee Signing' but I am afraid we would need at least 5 Numbers + the Bonus Ball on the Lottery

to even consider offering a Deal!

Also, your 2 guesses for the mystery player are both wrong.

Well I guess one mans meat is another mans poison WR. If the rumours are correct, the two halfbacks who are joining us are undoubtedly good players, although it would appear the Fax fans don't rate one of them and the other isn't up to Batley's exacting standards - but marquee players ?  probably not. What I did try to say in a roundabout way, was that we would be unlikely to wreck the clubs budget to make such signings and rightly so. It doesn't stop me dreaming though does it. Unfortunately, I'm prepared to bet a months beer money, that there will be a number of clubs prepared to "splash the cash" in a

tish or bust bid to make SL2 in 2015. Attracting very good players can be done on a budget though, as the dogs have proved - wonder how many of this years Rams squad, would have made JK's 17 man matchday squad.  

Is it Tom Bush then ?   

Well I guess one mans meat is another mans poison WR. If the rumours are correct, the two halfbacks who are joining us are undoubtedly good players, although it would appear the Fax fans don't rate one of them and the other isn't up to Batley's exacting standards - but marquee players ?  probably not. What I did try to say in a roundabout way, was that we would be unlikely to wreck the clubs budget to make such signings and rightly so. It doesn't stop me dreaming though does it. Unfortunately, I'm prepared to bet a months beer money, that there will be a number of clubs prepared to "splash the cash" in a

tish or bust bid to make SL2 in 2015. Attracting very good players can be done on a budget though, as the dogs have proved - wonder how many of this years Rams squad, would have made JK's 17 man matchday squad.  

Is it Tom Bush then ?   

Yes.

And no.

;)

Someone told me that leon and damien blanch will definately be rams players next season

And yet we are reporting a reduced playing budget next year, which leads me to speculate that this is very wide of the mark.

On the other hand someone told me that if I keep buying half-time draw tickets then I would be sure to win. Could this have been the same "someone"?

Yes.

And no.

;)

Jimmy Keinhorst - fits the bill - young, can play centre or full back and that would also be my marquee signing - is it BSJ ? go on tell us it is ? Pleeeease  pretty please. :)  

Don't spose we can afford him mind. :cry:

Jimmy Keinhorst - fits the bill - young, can play centre or full back and that would also be my marquee signing - is it BSJ ? go on tell us it is ? Pleeeease  pretty please. :)  

Don't spose we can afford him mind. :cry:

:whistle:

How about Wakefield's Paul Sykes or David Solomona!

And there's Billy Slater of course!

And there's Billy Slater of course!

Did our mystery fullback play for the Bulls last night ....   VE HAVE VAYS OF MAKING YOU TALK.

Did our mystery fullback play for the Bulls last night ....   VE HAVE VAYS OF MAKING YOU TALK.

No, nor any other SL team.

No, nor any other SL team.

"The full back who I understand may join us (many a slip etc.) will be unknown to most of us but I understand brings with him a lot of potential. He would certainly not fit into the category of someone on his way down - in all probability quite the opposite".

Another hopeful punt then. If Bradford are still our feeder team next year, hope we can retain O'Brien and maybe add young backs Wood and Naughton - all of them had good games last night.

It all depends doesn't it Grumpy upon whether the DR system is retained next year. My guess (and that is truly what it is) is that it will but with some amendments to make it a little more favourable to Championship clubs.

Those three would certainly be good acquisitions but I wouldn't want players who are appearing just once or twice in a season.

A propos of nothing it was interesting to see that Paul Sykes tweeted his support for us today at Doncaster with the hashtag #hometownteam. I wouldn't read too much into that though, would you?

Like I say Paul gets to a fair few rams matches when he can with friends and family, certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him here in the next year or so but I don't think wel have him next season