Followers 0
Larry the Leit

Badger cull

27 members have voted

1. 1. Kill the striped buggers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

If badgers are to blame for bovine TB, and there is enough scientific doubt, should they be culled?

Edited by Larry the Leit

Yeah, why not. We slaughter animals on a huge scale year after year, a few badgers don't matter especially if it gives us a definitive answer one way or another.

If farmers genuinely can't farm as intensely as they'd like AND the cause is indigenous badgers then I still wouldn't support a cull.

There's no compelling evidence to suggest badgers are the culprits, it's just as likely to be transmitted to cattle from deer and then from cattle to badgers.

there are also vaccines available for bovine TB.

There's no compelling evidence to suggest badgers are the culprits, it's just as likely to be transmitted to cattle from deer and then from cattle to badgers.

there are also vaccines available for bovine TB.

There's also no compelling evidence saying they aren't the culprits. People choose who they want to believe, and third parties who couldn't give a toss either way make money.

The current scientific evidence is that they are likely to be part of the problem. However the same research showed that a cull wasnt the way to go. At best it will reduce TB by 16%, so 84% of infected cows will be slaughted as they are now.

It's just stupid and defies logic and the research.

If it can be scientifically proven, then yes. I will start with the 4qr that has ripped my fence to bits over the last winter/Spring

There's also no compelling evidence saying they aren't the culprits.

There's no compelling evidence that it's not the farmers spreading it either. Would you support a few of them being shot just to see?

There are lots of questions regarding the restocking of the UK herd after foot and mouth and how it was co-incidentally the time when TB boomed.

Farmers slaughter 100,000 cows a year because they are infertile.  No compensation paid then.

Support murder? Is this a spin off from the death penalty thread?

I'm not supporting it. However I think it's a cast iron bet that Boggis, Bunce and Bean have done far more to spread bovine TB than the badgers.

if its the answer to cull an over populated species that are wrecking the environment and natures balance then shouldn't there be a human cull? oh sorry yes forgot we own the planet and animals cant use guns can they? mores the pity.

I'm not supporting it. However I think it's a cast iron bet that Boggis, Bunce and Bean have done far more to spread bovine TB than the badgers.

Who knows who/what is the biggest cause. However, badgers can't vote. So, they lose.

I used to work in Scarborough. So what you say?

Well, I knocked one over whilst driving home once and somebody who worked there got done for badger baiting. So between us we have wiped out a few.

I used to work in Scarborough. So what you say?

Well, I knocked one over whilst driving home once and somebody who worked there got done for badger baiting. So between us we have wiped out a few.

As I get towards work there's plenty of open spaces yet the buggers (and foxes) do insist on trying to cross the dual carriageways. They make a hell of a mess.

if its the answer to cull an over populated species that are wrecking the environment and natures balance then shouldn't there be a human cull? oh sorry yes forgot we own the planet and animals cant use guns can they? mores the pity.

Houses, roads, etc have all "wrecked" the environment. Do you live in a tree? Magically making your own electricity that doesn't come from a massive off power station that may possibly have injured a field mouse when it was being erected?

Houses, roads, etc have all "wrecked" the environment. Do you live in a tree? Magically making your own electricity that doesn't come from a massive ###### off power station that may possibly have injured a field mouse when it was being erected?

live and let live

I voted "unsure".

i think we should ask Dave Brock of Hawkwind.

Or that Ruth Badger.

As I get towards work there's plenty of open spaces yet the buggers (and foxes) do insist on trying to cross the dual carriageways. They make a hell of a mess.

Exactly. Pheasants go with a, well not a bang, more a flurry of feathers. Just like a cartoon 

If it helps secure the country's reserves of mashed potato then yes.

Such a waste.

Bodger.jpg

Edited by hindle xiii

I like the Badger Song titles on "The Last leg" last night

Culler Queen (just for Brian May)

Culling Me Softly

and my favourite

SuperCullingisFantasticStopsTuberculosis

One of the drivers at work was telling me how his wing was once ripped off when he hit a weasel.

"how bloody big was this weasel?" I asked incredulously

"about this big" he says holding his hands wide apart "You know a bloody great black and white thing"

B)

Exactly. Pheasants go with a, well not a bang, more a flurry of feathers. Just like a cartoon 

I think you'll find pheasants go better with a sage and onion stuffing.

I think you'll find pheasants go better with a sage and onion stuffing.

You here all week?  :ph34r: