Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

30/08/13 - Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm

Who will win?   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

146 posts in this topic

I agree! Of course Leeds have done it to an even greater extreme over the last few years and sadly teams won't stop doing it until the league is valued higher or there is significantly greater benefit in the play offs to finishing higher.

I don't think intentionally though.

But good luck to Hull for this weekend and good luck to Leeds, because that will set up the Wigan/Leeds match very nicely!

Just as long as Leeds don't mess it up by losing to Catalans. If that happens, it means Leeds will need to beat Wigan by (over) 188 points...

we'll both still be in the top 4 though so its not a huge problem anyway.

That said, there in lies the problem. Wigan have pretty much thrown some games this season (I'm not saying Leeds have done this!) and are still cruising for a top 4 finish.

we'll both still be in the top 4 though so its not a huge problem anyway.

That said, there in lies the problem. Wigan have pretty much thrown some games this season (I'm not saying Leeds have done this!) and are still cruising for a top 4 finish.

This season, Leeds' problem has been injuries.

The last couple of years, Leeds have finished 5th, but on the back of a poor mid season with a decent run (2011 winning 6 of the last 10 and 7 in 2012). This year, we've won 5 of the final 10 games of the season (with 2 to play), so still on track whereas Wigan have won 3 (with 2 left), so the form isn't on their side.

Interestingly, outside of the top 2, the team on the best form are St Helens who had a similar mid season dip to Leeds lest year and are now on 7 wins from the final 10 (with 2 left) and coincidentally sat in 5th (though they could still finish 4th)

But Saints are a worse team than leeds were and Wigan's goals thus far have both been achieved. In the 3 Cup games during this run we let in 4 points, so we've got form in knock out games.

But Saints are a worse team than leeds were and Wigan's goals thus far have both been achieved. In the 3 Cup games during this run we let in 4 points, so we've got form in knock out games.

That's a fair point. And the form stats I have don't factor in the cup, it's just SL. I'm just hoping you lose the last couple to delay Leeds having to play Huddersfield as long as possible!

To be fair, you played Widnes and London in those games, and Hull are hardly renowned for a great attack. Who have you really played to win the cup?

Rovers...and we killed them for 35 minutes! Lol.

True...

...but unfortunately for you a game lasts for 80 :rolleyes:

I think Saints were a disgrace because the first teamers actually bet on the reserves to lose.

Only a couple of wiganers, they were of the belief that gave them carte Blanche:)

Wellsy, we won the Cup. It's a cup competition, in which we played 4 SL teams. We targeted it and we won it. If you can find a side that has beaten all 3 of those teams (and HKR away) as easily this year let me know.

NIce one, but I don't recall Saints fans ever mentioning that they were Wiganers until they started placing bets on their own team to lose.

They were always wiganers when they did owt wrong

Its a squad game these day, coaches utilise their squad to what is the best advantage of their club. 

Fans know at the beginning of the season these days that this may happen, there are no last minute surprises for the fans on the terraces.

Its a squad game these day, coaches utilise their squad to what is the best advantage of their club.

Fans know at the beginning of the season these days that this may happen, there are no last minute surprises for the fans on the terraces.

Stop being sensible, affect false outrage - it's much more fun!!

Stop being sensible, affect false outrage - it's much more fun!!

I'm saving that for the Tomkins thread, by the way he were never any good. :D

Wellsy, we won the Cup. It's a cup competition, in which we played 4 SL teams. We targeted it and we won it. If you can find a side that has beaten all 3 of those teams (and HKR away) as easily this year let me know.

Hull stuffed Widnes at home, London at home and beat KR away.

We've beaten ourselves about 10 times this year as well ;)

Has there ever been an easier run to the cup than playing 4th in KPC, 8th in SL, 11th in SL, 14th in SL and 7th in SL?

Wellsy - not sure why you care, or the point you are making, but you can't show me like for like performances can you? If you are trying to suggest that you support a hopeless team the beating of which carries no merit then your bitterness seeems to be of a particularly self excoriating variety.

We've beaten ourselves about 10 times this year as well ;)

Very poor opposition though.

Seems Hull are odds on to win this with the bookies. So much so that you can get 3/1 on a Wigan winning margin of 1-12 and 6/1 on a winning margin of anything greater than that.

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-league/super-league/wigan-v-hull/winning-margin

I'm sure Hull can find someway to extract a defeat from what looks a likely victory though.

Wellsy - not sure why you care, or the point you are making, but you can't show me like for like performances can you? If you are trying to suggest that you support a hopeless team the beating of which carries no merit then your bitterness seeems to be of a particularly self excoriating variety.

This fishing lark gets easier ;)

A cup win's a cup win. Somebody has to beat the big boys and someone has to beat the boys that beat the big boys. The biggest boy wins the cup! Well done.

And I'm allowed to be bitter! ;)

I was in the bookies earlier Hull 1/2. Not often the bookies are wrong but I hope they are tonight.

When Wigan played Widnes in the Cup wasn't it the first time for about 8 years Wigan had drawn a SL club at home?

Pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

When Wigan played Widnes in the Cup wasn't it the first time for about 8 years Wigan had drawn a SL club at home?

Did you hear it from this guy?

tin-foil-hat-3.jpg

You played Saints at home in the quarters IIRC?

Jason Crookes scores Hull's first try against Wigan in over 80 mins. Tickle off touch.

Pies 0 Hull 6.