Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick07

2014 Squad

77 posts in this topic

I picked this rumour up on the fev forum and would be an excellent signing if it is true! I know JK is on a deserved holiday but some more signings would cheer me up on a rainy day

An interesting snippet in todays League Weekly linking us with an excellent prop from Featherstone. Would be a major surprise if the rumour was true.

It's true there will probably be two on there way to you but one is not finalised yet I am led to believe

Ooh Saxton would be nice!

I hear unofficially but from a very good source that it's Matty Dale, but don't shoot if I'm wrong!! Any Giants fans peeking in, have you any info as to the status of Mullaley, Johnson and Fairbank, 'cos there's a home here for 'em!!

I hear unofficially but from a very good source that it's Matty Dale, but don't shoot if I'm wrong!! Any Giants fans peeking in, have you any info as to the status of Mullaley, Johnson and Fairbank, 'cos there's a home here for 'em!!

all on deals at huddersfield and thought highly off

Matty Dale & Lamont Bryan are the two according to the rumours at Fev.

Matty Dale & Lamont Bryan are the two according to the rumours at Fev.

Lamont Bryan would be a good signing for you guys - like phil joseph with a bit of pace.

Hearing Bryan.....but not hearing Dale. Another name mooted, and I'm inclined to believe it given that recruiting another second-row man wouldn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Lamont Bryan would be a great signing. I have a suspicion JK might see him not as the bulked up prop forward that Featherstone tried to make him but as a slimmed down centre to replace Jason Walton. He played centre a number of times at Harlequins (as they were at the time) and looked devastating. Never understood why Featherstone tried to make him into a prop. Less a few kilos he could be a great centre.

I agree a hard running and a good off loader/passer of the ball and just what our wingers need to rattle up the points.

Miles Geeenwood (full back)

Johnny Campbell (wing & full back)

Vinny Finnegan (wing)

Ayden Faal (centre & second row)

Lee Paterson (centre & wing) G/kicker

Ben Black (stand off)

Scott Leatherbarrow (Scrum Half) G/kicker

Alistair Leak (Hooker/Scrum Half)

Anthony Nicholson (Hooker)

Luke Blake (Hooker and Loose Forward)

Byron Smith (prop)

Alex Rowe (prop)

John Davies (second row)

Sam Scott (second row)

Mark Applegarth (utility forward)

Jay Leary (utility forward)

Joe Chandler (utility forward & centre)

Left (confirmed):

Tom Henmimgway (Dewsbury)

Danny Whitmore (Oldham)

Gareth Potts (Fax)

Paul Mennell (Fax)

Liam Walmsley (Fev)

George Flanagan (Fev)

Keegan Hirst (Fev)

Gareth Moore (Fev)

Jason Walton (Salford)

Greg Johnson (Salford)

Danny Maun (Hunslet)

Still looking very light in the pack and the three quarters for me.

another back rower plus Ash resigning, 3 props, 2 centres and another winger and we'll look something like.

Jurys out for me on Bryant. Seen him make some banrstorming runs but also drop a few clangers, hes a bit like Jon Simpson with a bit of determination.

Still looking very light in the pack and the three quarters for me.

another back rower plus Ash resigning, 3 props, 2 centres and another winger and we'll look something like.

Jurys out for me on Bryant. Seen him make some banrstorming runs but also drop a few clangers, hes a bit like Jon Simpson with a bit of determination.

Reckon this time next year, you'll be talking about Bryant as being a candidate for the Batley man of steel - you'll see. ;)

Heard matty james from fev could be the prop

Matty on his way but don't think it's James

Heard matty james from fev could be the prop

Ditto. Matt Dale won't be on our radar anymore, we're well stocked for second rowers.

its matt james

so the word on the street suggests. It is suggested he signed monday last week.... just cant understand why its not been announced. ...

I cant work this one out

Our club tends to announce signings at certain times and not all at once. I suspect that most of next years squad is signed up but will be announced at regular intervals. Players Agent may know differently of course.

Would like to see another couple of bruising props and a livewire hooker in there. Hopefully they'll be on the way over the next few weeks.....

@PlayersAgent - you must have a sad little world if this is how you get your kicks!

get my kicks ?? Please elaborate......is it because you cant make your little announcements when the whole of rugby league already knows lol....run along theres a good lad.

you clearly just like to pluck names from the sky and wonder/hope......you sad man

how old are you 10 ?

I think Chairman's post relates to the fact that most of us are already aware of the Blake signing. There's been a thread on the Dewsbury forum about it for around the last two weeks...

so whats this about 'getting my kicks' and  'Sad World ' ?? Im really sorry that my 'Facts' (Not rumours) upset people so much. Maybe people would be a bit more civil if I too just quoted hearsay from other fans / forums.....Yarkshire Folk don't you just love em !!

I think you get a tough ride on here.

Lots of sock puppets turning up on this forum i see, and it's not even half term yet.

I think certain posters on this forum are mainly interested in self-promotion, destabilisation and acting the big shot (and also utilising multiple accounts!). I don't include myself in that bracket although other people may think otherwise!