Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weloveyouwakefield2

Salford's surprise signing is..

94 posts in this topic

Hope the RFL are going to be scrutinising Salfords books. No way can they keep all these signings under the cap.

Hope the RFL are going to be scrutinising Salfords books. No way can they keep all these signings under the cap.

My thoughts exactly.

why not? their squad as it currently is is still not a patch on the top teams. They needed to sign plemty and thats what they're doing.

Smith deal already signed. Kirmond and Amor also signing. Chase done with Sneyd going on loan to cas. Puletua and hock done deals also.

Another foreigner for Noble's squad, so true to form. Hope Wakey give an opportunity to an English lad, rather than another average Aussie, but won't hold my breathe.

Sigh Wakefield were progressing aswell. If they take Kirmond and Amor Wakefield are down next year.

Understand Wakey are struggling financially but those closer to the club will know more .

Crowds seemed on the up new ground appears to be on the way. I thought things were going well, although I don't know more than others.

I understand a fee had been paid for him too. Yeah, shame as Wakey now really competitive.

Amazing people are calling for Salford to be investigated even before they announce the signings. We haven't ever managed to spend the full cap so next year will be interesting.

All signings to be announced next week.

Really sorry if Sneyd goes, would like to see what development he can make at Salford.

Wakey will be ok. We don't have the cash, so aren't spending it, which is right in my view. The club are working on a number of initiatives for when we move to the new stadium. They are putting a lot of store in the new RL college they will be running from Sept, as both a way to generate income, and a way to direct local RL talent towards the club.

If we keep going in the right direction, then in 5 year's time we'll be in a much better position than we currently are, even if it seems as though we are taking a step or two backwards on the field. We may even end up going down, to come back stronger. But long term we'll be better off, so long as they run the club properly.

Yeah, makes sense the Wakey way but the Salford side will be pretty strong, just hope the public back the investment.

1?

2williams

Gleeson

Sau

Broughton

Chase

Smith

Morley

Lee

Puletua

Hock

Kirmond

Rapira

how many foreign players would that make then?

Is there room for chase? (I still think he's off to NRL)

how many foreign players would that make then?Is there room for chase? (I still think he's off to NRL)

I think the biggest problem for Salford next year, will not be the salary cap, but the rules on club trained or federation trained players. Does Nobby knows the rules have changed since his days at the Bulls?

I think the biggest problem for Salford next year, will not be the salary cap, but the rules on club trained or federation trained players. Does Nobby knows the rules have changed since his days at the Bulls?

that's why i ask as I genuinely don't know

that's why i ask as I genuinely don't know

We'll have to wait until next Thursday to see who is actually going to sign & who is just a rumour, but there have been a lot of players mentioned and almost all of them have been foreign.

This year SL clubs had to have at least 8 club trained players & no more than 5 non federation trained players, in their 25 man squad. Maybe Nobby will get under the rules by some of the old hands he will sign being classed as federation trained as they have been here before the rules came in.

No Broughton he is off to Huddersfield.

no hock............staying at widnes.

Care to back that up with some facts, or is it just ill thought out lazy male genitals?