Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckn

Britain

95 posts in this topic

Whether we intervene with military action or not, I doubt it will end terrorism. The world is such that we will never have total harmony amongst nations. Sadly, many people young and old will never see another sunset

Here's some good news at least. (Daily Mail linky)

Although, a delusional immigrant blaming other immigrants for messing up Britain is a bit hard to take.  He comes into the US, refuses to learn to speak proper American English, insists on eating his own culture's food and then won't stop harping on about his own country.

England is a European country. I am so glad Vinnie Jones has informed me of that.

Still, an immigrant complaining about immigrants; wonders never cease.

England is a European country. I am so glad Vinnie Jones has informed me of that.

Still, an immigrant complaining about immigrants; wonders never cease.

I already highlighted a case that I know of where 'immigrants are complaining about immigrants'. Are they Xenophobic too? Or maybe they just realise it is the feckless ones that give them a bad name and resent them?

Immigration is a serious concern for many people today and it is only the well off, or live in unaffected areas that can afford to dismiss the matter. Immigrants have always come to this country, lived in certain areas for a bit but generally moved out to the wider area. What is happening today is different. I base this on what I see happening, not some DM report either. I know what I know, however uncomfortable it might make me feel to acknowledge it.

I thought Vinnie Jones is Welsh?

We'll have anybody!!

To be fair, he worked his socks off in international games for us.

I already highlighted a case that I know of where 'immigrants are complaining about immigrants'. Are they Xenophobic too? Or maybe they just realise it is the feckless ones that give them a bad name and resent them?

Immigration is a serious concern for many people today and it is only the well off, or live in unaffected areas that can afford to dismiss the matter. Immigrants have always come to this country, lived in certain areas for a bit but generally moved out to the wider area. What is happening today is different. I base this on what I see happening, not some DM report either. I know what I know, however uncomfortable it might make me feel to acknowledge it.

"Are they xenophobic too?" Are you saying Vinnie Jones is xenophobic? I thought he'd left that sort of stuff behind him when he became a luvvie.

"... it is only the well off, or [those who] live in unaffected areas that can afford to dismiss the matter." I'm not sure who you think is dismissing the matter, but are there no well-off immigrants? Do they not move next to well off people? Compete with them? And where are these unaffected areas that have no inward migration?

I just find it amusing that migrants can have such negative feelings about migration.

Why? If you moved from a country full of fascists, would it mean you couldn't complain if some of those fascists moved to the same country? Just because you were an immigrant?

And rich immigrants are never a problem because they scratch a few backs and the job is sorted. Like it always has been.

Why? If you moved from a country full of fascists, would it mean you couldn't complain if some of those fascists moved to the same country? Just because you were an immigrant?

And rich immigrants are never a problem because they scratch a few backs and the job is sorted. Like it always has been.

Bizarre.

Bizarre.

What's bizzare about it?

That girl who got shot in the head by the Taliban for instance. If she moved to this country, and so did some of the people of the mindset that shot her, would she be unable to speak out against them trying to influence others to think like they do simply because they are immigrants? ie immigrants moaning about immigrants, which according to you is a no no.

As for well off immigrants, they have always been a different story.

Here's some good news at least. (Daily Mail linky)

Although, a delusional immigrant blaming other immigrants for messing up Britain is a bit hard to take.  He comes into the US, refuses to learn to speak proper American English, insists on eating his own culture's food and then won't stop harping on about his own country.

Brian Reade in today's Mirror:

He's the stereotypical, bling-drenched, right-wing, expat bore, refusing to integrate into his new country’s culture.

Brian Reade in today's Mirror:

He's the stereotypical, bling-drenched, right-wing, expat bore, refusing to integrate into his new country’s culture.

Oh I don't know. He owns shedloads of guns and likes shooting defenseless animals.

I just watched Cameron's speech again... a few very barbed and controversial digs that will seriously nark a few people there, including calling English the world's language :D  You could imagine a few ground teeth at that one alone :D

English is pretty much the world's language though. Numerically it might be Chinese or something but for practicality and widespread-ness it is.

The Telegraph's commentary of it made me chuckle, especially this:

9. There's no such thing as a British mail order bride. Although you really wouldn't want one. When a Brit sends off for a wife from Moscow he gets a stunning blonde with cold blue eyes and a fiery appetite for love. If a Russian sent off for a wife from Luton he'd get an foul mouthed chain smoker in a boob-tube with an appetite for MacDonalds.

Great insight into this on last night's TV programme "Bouncers" about club bouncers.

English is of course everyones' second language, something the French really appreciate.

I know someone who acquired a Russian wife in that way and she is exactly as described but also has a love of expensive things.

I just watched Cameron's speech again... a few very barbed and controversial digs that will seriously nark a few people there, including calling English the world's language :D  You could imagine a few ground teeth at that one alone :D

Who could seriously argue that anything other than English was the world's language?

I know someone who acquired a Russian wife in that way and she is exactly as described but also has a love of expensive things.

I knew a guy who got a middle aged nutcase from Siberia with a love of arguing.

Who could seriously argue that anything other than English was the world's language?

Seriously? No-one.  Try getting your average Frenchman to admit it though ;)

Seriously? No-one.  Try getting your average Frenchman to admit it though ;)

A cliche.

I have yet to come across a Frenchman who thought that French was a more important world language than English. The language schools of England are full of Frenchies.

English is just a passing fad. Welsh is much older and will outlast it.

;):tongue:

NB;Not that I can actually speak it myself.

:biggrin: