Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenilworth Tiger

Wakefield

73 posts in this topic

My understanding is that the RFL have been very supportive of Wakefield, recognising the potential the club has, but also recognising that Glover's position as chairman was untenable.  

My understanding is that the RFL have been very supportive of Wakefield, recognising the potential the club has, but also recognising that Glover's position as chairman was untenable.

Not sure the RFL had much choice after failing Wakefield last time round, whilst bending over backwards for the "iconic" Bulls.

I think the move to change the leagues and drop licensing is to help the RFL lose the mantle of responsibility for the clubs performance.

In future the clubs are likely to find themselves on their own!

Can you point me in the direction of these half price tickets please Terry, cos I pay the best part of £200.

Or is it another Internet forum myth?

No it's not a forum myth. According to the advertising board at the top my road it stated that half price season tickets were available if purchased by a certain date which many apparently did. If I remember rightly adult season tickets were advertised at £125

No it's not a forum myth. According to the advertising board at the top my road it stated that half price season tickets were available if purchased by a certain date which many apparently did. If I remember rightly adult season tickets were advertised at £125

Sorry but you are wrong they started at £150 for gold members a few weeks ago with a short window they have been priced at £180 up until yesterday with a monthly payment plan along with a platinum option (£350-£380) not sure what they will g to now but the £125 is just duff gen that was last season HTH

£150 if renewed before August I renewed mine last week £180 which is normal price the gold membership season ticket. Don't know where the half price has come from

Sorry but you are wrong they started at £150 for gold members a few weeks ago with a short window they have been priced at £180 up until yesterday with a monthly payment plan along with a platinum option (£350-£380) not sure what they will g to now but the £125 is just duff gen that was last season HTH

I'm talking about the advertising at the start of this current season not for next season. Wakey have had to manage the club all year on the half price season tickets which were sold before the start of this season ie £125

So last seasons tickets were meant to be £250 . We have sold discounted season tickets for the last 2 seasons to get the crowds in which it has but has cost us in revenue This season it's £180 gold £360 Platinum

Thats this season £180 next season

Yes, sorry I was talking about this season as it is now that there is the shortfall.

I'm talking about the advertising at the start of this current season not for next season. Wakey have had to manage the club all year on the half price season tickets which were sold before the start of this season ie £125

Sorry wrong again they stared at this price again if purchased before the end of August 2012 then stepped up to £250

Sorry wrong again they stared at this price again if purchased before the end of August 2012 then stepped up to £250

Actually you are also wrong. Look at my link above it tells you the timescales.

Eh?

I have just paid £180, as stated quite clearly in my post and you use last years prices to tell me I don't know what I paid???

Actually that's not what you posted.

Terry was clearly talking about the current season ticket prices, you asked where these cheap prices are as you PAY £200 not, paid is in just now. The prices may have gone up now due to the issues you have, but people were clearly talking about the current season.

It's clear now you weren't talking about the current season, but next year's prices are not really relevant to the discussion about current financial shortfalls (apart from being a solution for the future).

Best part of £200...I paid £180 on Thursday.

Has someone posted that last years tickets were £125?

Is that half price?

The talk coming out of Wakefield now suggests that it's not simply a balance of players wages and paying customers - see the excellent crowds Wakey have generated, a minority being STs - but more to with key officials paying themselves and their wives some questionable "fees".

As an example, apparently "our" dance troupe...well, look and ye shall see.

Is that half price?

The talk coming out of Wakefield now suggests that it's not simply a balance of players wages and paying customers - see the excellent crowds Wakey have generated, a minority being STs - but more to with key officials paying themselves and their wives some questionable "fees".

As an example, apparently "our" dance troupe...well, look and ye shall see.

Is that why Elston's wife is tweeting about finding out who her friends are?

Is that why Elston's wife is tweeting about finding out who her friends are?

Yes.

She was paid...no, no, no, stop...

Seems to me an awfully gleeful OP from Kenilworth Tiger. I can sort of understand the need given the level of rivalry and back biting the franchise system encourages. It's so counter productive splitting the game into haves and have nots. And let's be honest. The game is not in particularly rude health with it.

It's not in anyone's interests for Wakefield to go under, and nor is it in anyone's interests for the clubs outside super league to languish and slowly but surely deteriorate.

Seems to me an awfully gleeful OP from Kenilworth Tiger. I can sort of understand the need given the level of rivalry and back biting the franchise system encourages. It's so counter productive splitting the game into haves and have nots. And let's be honest. The game is not in particularly rude health with it.

It's not in anyone's interests for Wakefield to go under, and nor is it in anyone's interests for the clubs outside super league to languish and slowly but surely deteriorate.

Don't be so pathetic - "awfully gleeful"

What a cock

Is that half price?

The wording 'half price' was in very large print on Wakefield Wildcats own advertising boards throughout the WMDC area. Take it up with them if you think they've got their sums wrong. It's pretty obvious, to me anyway, that the price of £125 for a season ticket represented half price of this season's normal match day admission through the turnstiles. Or maybe I'm wrong yet again.

Either way its proved to be a financial disaster. Is it coincidence that both Glover and Elston are apparently no longer running the show?

what wakey need to do is exactly what SO'C has done and get more money men to invest in the club to take it to the next level, widnes have realised that to move on we need extra investment and that one person cannot sustain a club successfully long term. SO'C did all the spadework of re-building the club and now has decided to step down as chairman (but still retain the controlling share holding) and has managed to get others on board for the next phase.

On the issue of half price tickets.  Whether this is sensible depends upon if it is part of an overall strategy.   If for example it was as a loss leader to bring in more people that may subsequently find they enjoy the experience and then remain coming along in future seasons, would be a good idea - provided you are able to cover the very short term short fall.    Together with this you also ensure the overall experience is positive and have a plan to increase revenue per fan in other ways then its a reasonable plan.  

If its a finger in the air hopeful initiative then its not so good... I would find it hard to believe that this would have been the approach but yer never know.

Fantastic news for Wakey from today's press conference. The club will at last be run like a proper business with expenditure capped to not exceed income. "It's not rocket science" says new Chairman!

Season tickets have been too cheap and some players overpaid. The £400k quoted is the extra money Wakey need to be competitive in SL 2014. The squad we have will be what we can afford and we're aming to avoid relegation in 2014. If we do go down, we'll look to get back at the earliest opportunity, but we're not going to spend what we haven't got.

Hallelujah - at last!

http://wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/investment-will-prevent-player-sales-says-carter/2013/09/

Fantastic news for Wakey from today's press conference. The club will at last be run like a proper business with expenditure capped to not exceed income. "It's not rocket science" says new Chairman!

Season tickets have been too cheap and some players overpaid. The £400k quoted is the extra money Wakey need to be competitive in SL 2014. The squad we have will be what we can afford and we're aming to avoid relegation in 2014. If we do go down, we'll look to get back at the earliest opportunity, but we're not going to spend what we haven't got.

Hallelujah - at last!

http://wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/investment-will-prevent-player-sales-says-carter/2013/09/

Wildcats Chairman Michael Carter “I’ve put a lot of money in, Chris (Brereton, club Director) has put a lot of money in but we’re not rich people. I’ve looked at the finances and they’re not good. What I put out in the press release is correct – I need £400,000 in the next couple of months, be it from player sales or other investment. We’re cutting costs but that is on top of that.

It appears the 400K is not to be competitive in 2014 , but to get you through Sept & Oct 2013.

My understanding Tim Smiths sale to Salford last week, was to capitalise the club to pay the wages for last month:- next month? The sale of other players and possibly Kirmond hasn't been discounted.

Wildcats Chairman Michael Carter “At the same time I got a very decent offer ( 6 figure ) for Danny Kirmond and I said no, I didn’t want to sell Danny Kirmond and at that time I didn’t have to, but if I don’t get further investment in then yes, players are going to have to go."

http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/local-news/wakefield-wildcats-carter-issues-plea-for-much-needed-investment-to-avoid-player-fire-sale-1-6006021

I do not rejoice in Wakefield predicament as is it a troubling time for both Players & fans soon after you had seemed have stepped on with decent performances & increasing gates in 2012.

My understanding is the RFL assisted the recent HMRC Winding up Petition & Elston/ Glover had borrowed against next years ticket income,   so I wouldn't rejoice as it sounds like there's a hard slog ahead.