Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldham13

Sundays Ups and Downs

24 posts in this topic

Today we will find out if we have done enough to gain promotion ?

Cross everything, drop a penny in a wishing well, promise to do good deeds for the next 12 months and pray to which ever god you believe in that South Wales have the game of the season and beat North Wales by 13 points.

Falling that prepare yourself for the rollercoaster that is the playoffs.

The Championship see five clubs attempting to avoid relegation.

(I think) York are all ready down but Barrow, Swinton, Hunslet and Keighley are all trying to stay in the Championship.

Agree or Disagree with the format with the game outside the SL but this season has seen some very competitive matches.

I am very nervous about the play offs because from experience grand final days have brought nothing but dejection but this season we have a strong, fitter squad with a very good coach and assistant coach at the helm.

Grand Final Predictions?

North wales v London (ha ha ha) Now for reality

Both London and Rochdale are capable of giving us a close game in the final.

If London finish third and we beat than in round two, London have a home against possibly Rochdale and London are very strong at home so I could see a Oldham v London Final but Rochdale finish third I could see an Derby final.

Yesterdays game was a fantastic, especially the Barmy Army who song all match despite it being a friendly. Well Done Lady and Gentlemen

Good luck! Hope you go up, mainly because I don't want you standing in our way of going straight back up next season! :D

Thanks to a team of mostly ex biff players we'll see you shortly at your place.

Can't wait, hope we both make it to the final and then.................

Play off

Round one

Rochdale at home to London - Winner plays Oldham on the 15th, the loser plays the winner of Hemel v Oxford

Hemel at home to Oxford - Winner plays the loser of Rochdale v London, the loser is eliminated.

Round Two

Oldham play Rochdale or London -Winner progresses to the Grand Final, the loser plays the match of the Rochdale / London v Hemel or Oxford, loser eliminated

Rochdale or London plays the winner of Hemel v Oxford

Round three

Loser of the Oldham game plays the winner of the above game. winner of that game progresses to the grand final

SIMPLE!!!!(NOT)

Well done to NW and hope to play you again next season! For our young side to take you to the last game of the season is very encouraging. All things being equal we'll be following you up before the month ends.

Really hope you get promotion through the play off system as you deserve to be there with us considering how many points ahead of Rochdale you were. Hopefully get over to a playoff match and hopefully a victorious final work permitting.

I will be attending any play off games played in Oldham or Rochdale as I can reach either ground in less than 30 minutes. It will be a travesty if Oldham don't go up after playing so well against us twice, but I am completely neutral when not watching Crusaders and just hope the best side on the day wins and it doesn't come down to a dodgy refereeing decision or anything like that! Lewis Palfrey comes from my amateur club and I would like to see him get promotion, but Mike Forgham, the Hemel full back was number 1 at my club for 2 years before joining Hemel as well.