Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEANO

jack lee

57 posts in this topic

hope jack's ok after his nasty eye injury. heard he had to have 12 stitches. not the way he would have wanted to end the season

hope jack's ok after his nasty eye injury. heard he had to have 12 stitches. not the way he would have wanted to end the season

12 stitches in his eye!? Sounds horrible!

Terrible end to his season , quality player , but sadly think that was the last time we'll see him in a Knights shirt , sincerely hope I'm massively wrong !

Really scary when he went off and they then called his dad to the dressing room but confirmed afterwards that it was a dozen stitches around the eye caused by an accidental knee as Jack made the tackle. Eye a bit swollen but should be at the Pres Night on Friday..

@jackstearman

Just to let all @YorkKnightsRLFC fans know! Jack Lee has had 23 stitches above his eye! He said he's sorry for not being able to finish!

######

It's a shame but how many of the better players want to be playing in C1 next season? Nicholson to Fev? Brown to Fax? and now Lee to Batley? We all know the way forward, get the best of the under 20's and some experienced C1 players signed up for next year and we will do fine

We had some bloody good players in Champ 1 before, including NRL Grand Final winners and future Challenge Cup & Superleague winners, so I'm sure we will again.

We had some bloody good players in Champ 1 before, including NRL Grand Final winners and future Challenge Cup & Superleague winners, so I'm sure we will again.

Same again would be ideal

It's a shame but how many of the better players want to be playing in C1 next season? Nicholson to Fev? Brown to Fax? and now Lee to Batley? We all know the way forward, get the best of the under 20's and some experienced C1 players signed up for next year and we will do fine

Personally I would like to see the majority of James Ford's team kept together next season. They are still a very young team remember, they were signed as an U19's team and bumped up to U20's at such short notice, and look how well they coped. Another season together would do them wonders I think.

We need to build the team around Ben Johnston. If we can keep him, he'll tear up Championship One next year.

I'd love to see a team like this line up next season...

Carr

Elliott

Ford

Latus

Latus/Dent

Johnston

Presley

Freer

Brining

Aldous

Ed Smith

Pickles/Mallinder

Pickets/Craig

Iley

Orange

Potter

Stenchion

If we can keep a first team that looks something like that and promote the best U20's more conservatively, we'll be laughing. I live in hope!

Think Johnston and Presley would be a good combination. Johnny certainly seemed to one of the more dedicated ones nearing the end of the season. We can only hope we have a team like that Gav hah!

Personally I would like to see the majority of James Ford's team kept together next season. They are still a very young team remember, they were signed as an U19's team and bumped up to U20's at such short notice, and look how well they coped. Another season together would do them wonders I think.

We need to build the team around Ben Johnston. If we can keep him, he'll tear up Championship One next year.

Carr

Elliott

Ford

Latus

Latus/Dent

Johnston

Presley

Freer

Brining

Aldous

Ed Smith

Pickles/Mallinder

Pickets/Craig

Iley

Orange

Potter

Stenchion

If we can keep a first team that looks something like that and promote the best U20's more conservatively, we'll be laughing. I live in hope!

Could we for once have some big lads in the pack?

Could we for once have some big lads in the pack?

Freer and Potter are big lads, especially at that level, but I know what you mean!

Freer and Potter are big lads, especially at that level, but I know what you mean!

Potter and freer not big enough or strong enough, My opinion.

Carr

Elliott

Ford

Latus

Latus/Dent

Johnston

Presley

Freer

Brining

Aldous

Ed Smith

Pickles/Mallinder

Pickets/Craig

Iley

Orange

Potter

Stenchion

Carr not gonna stay . Far to good at this level .

Carr not gonna stay . Far to good at this level .

Not sure, he can have his good moments and even matches but sometimes his brain explodes. e.g. letting the ball bounce off a high bomb two games in a row, which in the Doncaster match resulted in them scoring. Not sure he's quite consistent enough to cut it at an established Championship club.

I'm a bit dismayed by several posts on here in the past week saying things like "far too good for this level" or " he won't stay, he's too good for this level". If all we have in the team are players that are only good enough to play in the Championship, guess where we'll be for the next God knows how many years. You've got it! The Championship! To me an attitude like that suggests a total lack of faith and ambition and I only hope the people doing the recruiting don't have the same level of ambition. I know we haven't got pots of cash but I think it's pretty safe to suggest that  that will apply to practically every team in the Championship and it's up to the club to do the best they can with what they have.

I know one thing, the last time we were in the Championship, we didn't get out of it by not having players in the side who were "too good for that division". We had several, Esders, Lee, Thorman and Ross spring to mind straight away, not to mention Wayne Reittie and Luke Hardbottle. Roll on next season!

I'm a bit dismayed by several posts on here in the past week saying things like "far too good for this level" or " he won't stay, he's too good for this level". If all we have in the team are players that are only good enough to play in the Championship, guess where we'll be for the next God knows how many years. You've got it! The Championship! To me an attitude like that suggests a total lack of faith and ambition and I only hope the people doing the recruiting don't have the same level of ambition. I know we haven't got pots of cash but I think it's pretty safe to suggest that  that will apply to practically every team in the Championship and it's up to the club to do the best they can with what they have.

I know one thing, the last time we were in the Championship, we didn't get out of it by not having players in the side who were "too good for that division". We had several, Esders, Lee, Thorman and Ross spring to mind straight away, not to mention Wayne Reittie and Luke Hardbottle. Roll on next season!

Very good points Clarence!

Not sure, he can have his good moments and even matches but sometimes his brain explodes. e.g. letting the ball bounce off a high bomb two games in a row, which in the Doncaster match resulted in them scoring. Not sure he's quite consistent enough to cut it at an established Championship club.

I agree with you there Con. Let's face it , he stepped straight out of reserve grade and into Championship rugby and it showed at times. I'm sure the lad will be a decent player but he isn't there yet in my eyes and at least a year in  Championship 1 should bring him on.