Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Browny

Congratulations Huddersfield

59 posts in this topic

Thanks to all the posters on here,( I'm one of those who has watched them through all the years of drubbings and disapointments) so i really apreciate the good wishes.

Thanks to all the posters on here,( I'm one of those who has watched them through all the years of drubbings and disapointments) so i really apreciate the good wishes.

I think all the comments are deserved and importantly genuine.

Huddersfield are a real success story.

Yeah, thanks to everyone

And it's an example of what patience, long term planning and perseverance can do to a clubs fortunes

No quick fix, just a lot of very hard work

Yeah, thanks to everyone

And it's an example of what patience, long term planning and perseverance can do to a clubs fortunes

No quick fix, just a lot of very hard work

Enjoy guys, it was amazing when wires won it the other year.

Just adding my congratulations.  Huddersfield have played consistently well throughout the season and Baloo has a strong squad that should put in a real challenge for the Grand Final.  Great to see Ken Davy rewarded for his outstanding support and investment.

It's an example of what patience, long term planning and perseverance can do to a clubs fortunes

Don't forget about £1,500,000 a year from above for 10 years, you were asking for that weren't you Ant?

Congratulations Huddersfield! This shows that with good forward planning and patience a club really can grow, compete and win.

Don't forget about £1,500,000 a year from above for 10 years, you were asking for that weren't you Ant?

I don't quite get your reference to be honest, you've certainly missed the point

Nah!   I t was merely a matter of luck.   :tease:

.As Samuel Goldwyn remarked...."The harder I work, the luckier I get."    :clapping:  :clapping:

I don't quite get your reference to be honest, you've certainly missed the point

Really happy for them. But please God, can they give out a better trophy than that designless hubcap! I think even some of the players were embarrassed to "lift" it!

NRL's looks great.

160923-120901-ben-barba.jpg

AC010913Cgiant-15-5826149.jpg

Problem is as soon as Sky wanted the Grand Final anything that detracted from that had to be denigrated and diminished - so the Challenge Cup was ignored and the League Leaders minimalised

On the plus side, the LLS that is awarded is a keeper, not just a one season thing to hold on to - personally they should give the shield to keep and something like the NRL as the actual award

Fwiw the actual Superleague Trophy is the epitome of artless tat.

81 years - a long time between drinks! Well done to Baloo's Boys, they absolutely deserve it.

Thoroughly Deserved.

Good to see,congratulations to all connected with Huddersfield.

Well done to Huddersfield Giants. I always enjoyed our visits there when we were in Super League; a great bunch of fans with a genuine warm welcome, so I am please for them that they are top of the league.  Congratulations.

I thought I'd post now I can see straight again.

Thanks from me also for the congratulations - much appreciated.

As Paul Anderson says - winning the LLS is part of the journey towards winning the Super League trophy.

Onward and hopefully upwards.

Well done to Huddersfield Giants. I always enjoyed our visits there when we were in Super League; a great bunch of fans with a genuine warm welcome, so I am please for them that they are top of the league.  Congratulations.

Cheers. I miss my trips to Wrexham for the same reasons.

Really happy for them. But please God, can they give out a better trophy than that designless hubcap! I think even some of the players were embarrassed to "lift" it!

NRL's looks great.

160923-120901-ben-barba.jpg

AC010913Cgiant-15-5826149.jpg

On the contrary - Michael Lawrence looks to have got quite excited.

Thanks for the congrats, its much appreciated, as one of the 'old guard' its a moment i could only have ever dreamt off all those years ago on the Fartown terrace.

Thanks for the congrats, its much appreciated, as one of the 'old guard' its a moment i could only have ever dreamt off all those years ago on the Fartown terrace.

Very well done from a Fev fan who's enjoying the moment too. Just a pity that the most difficult trophy of all to win doesn't receive the accolade it deserves in RL. I'll never be convinced that winning a four week end of season play off tournament is a bigger achievement than a whole season's work, but there you go.

'Harold Wagstaffe will be smiling down on you'

Liked that.

Travelled up the Aude Valley to Quillan from Carcassonne on the train recently with a couple of staunch Fartown fans. Over for the Dragons game. They'll be well pleased this morning. Enjoy it.

Ps - Glenn Knight living out at Auch will be whopping it up too!