Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster2003

New Coach Required

273 posts in this topic

I think kurt has already ruled himself out being a player coach , I think a super league player could would be really good

stu Wilkinson ?

Dave Clark?

I get the impression all is not well in S. Wales

sorry Dave Clark? left a league winning team then bought a team that an idiot could manage..! how many chances does he need?

said it once and will say it again one coach for me and it begins with a C.....

Cresta for me.

DC won the league after Deakin came in and saved our season, if it wasnt for Deakin we would not have won anything.

Frank Foster

stuart fieden player coach

Hasn't he been offered a role at Huddersfield?

If I was offered a role at Huddersfield I'd opt for the Barrow job.

Cresta would IMO be the stand out candidate with his previous BRLFC experience & his impressive BARLA pedigree, local contacts, good man management skills, his exploits with DRLFC & Dowies school national champions and much more besides.

He would /could add much needed structure as well as producing talent, im assuming he would attract the best amateurs from Cumbria to play for us instead of the other 2 & turn us into a real force while hamstringing wukkie & haven a little ( sorry fella's but it would be true if we bag him ) 

2nd choice, Gary Chambers the current Swinton coach,  he has experience at coaching at Warrington under a fantastic coach and is doing well enough at Swinton but would do better in Cumbria as he could attract the best locals similar as Cresta.

3rd choice Gary Charlton. reasons same as above. 

WORST CHOICE, Anyone without enough coaching or managing experience, the best players don't always make the best coaches & we have not got the time or resources to babysit and nurture anyone. 

Chambers wont come as he is a teacher in a school in Salford, plus is still part of the Wolves set up.

Cham was offered the assistant coaches job at Saints a few years back (I know him personally as a close friend) and he rejected it cause he is Warrington through and through.

Fantastic coach, man manager and still fit as a butchers dog, but he wont come back up to Cumbria unless to visit

As has been mentioned before, it HAS to be somebody local with strong links with the local game, and no travel issues.

Simple .

As has been mentioned before, it HAS to be somebody local with strong links with the local game, and no travel issues.

Simple .

It doesn't HAVE to be somebody local, what it HAS to be is somebody who can do a better job than the previous incumbent or else there is no point in getting a new coach.

Non local isn't a factor for me.

We need commitment, experience and contacts. Our previous coach didn't have the latter two, hence why we needed a replacement.

Non local isn't a factor for me.

We need commitment, experience and contacts. Our previous coach didn't have the latter two, hence why we needed a replacement.

It's a big ask for somebody to commute here 3 or 4 times a week, that's my point.

Still, if that somebody it fully committed then it may work out.

not sure we require or can afford a full time coach!! we are still paying Holty for next season.

Sorry but my obsession continues... :superstition:  :codemafia:  :superblue:  :victory:

Anyone heard anything concrete to say Cresta in interested or is this just fans wishes?