Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster2003

New Coach Required

273 posts in this topic

Oops ... Message to self ...

read correct page before commenting..

glad the board hasn't gone public with all these so called offers. turning the position  into a bit of a joke if they had .lets keep it professional about it and get the best man for the job who has actually had an interview for the job.

The board did not need to go public with these "so called offers"

Because the people that were offered the job(and turned it down)did!!

Who would you as fans like? A proven experienced coach? Or a gamble with an unproven local ish type of coach?

The coach that needs to be appointed should be experienced,to take you to the next level,some one who has been succesful in a higher league than the raiders are in,some one who will take them into the so called "super league 2",and stay with them ? wheither the raiders can aford any one like that remains to be seen,if you pay peanuts you get monkeys,Barrow have always dodged the dollar.

This is like a Monty Python sketch !!!

You are not going to be known as the Norwegian Blues from now on surely, or will the players be wearing frilly knickers next season?   Hope you are not Lummbering Jacks in 2014......

Because they are saying in the media they've had 8 or 9 applications yet are offering it out to people who haven't applied and aren't interested. Which says to me that either the candidates that have applied are not very good or that no one has actually applied!

I said last year when some people were wanting Holty to be sacked to be careful what they wished for. Seems to be coming true.

Oh! how that has come true. .Holty didn't do such a bad job when you think of what he had to work with. The players are to blame, one week they would have a great game and the next week they barely turned up.The BOD are now struggling to find a coach, especially one they can afford. They have made a huge mistake but none of them will be man enough to admit it.

Oh! how that has come true. .Holty didn't do such a bad job when you think of what he had to work with. The players are to blame, one week they would have a great game and the next week they barely turned up.The BOD are now struggling to find a coach, especially one they can afford. They have made a huge mistake but none of them will be man enough to admit it.

Oh be quiet

Who would you as fans like? A proven experienced coach? Or a gamble with an unproven local ish type of coach?

nobody wants the job by the sounds of it.

Of course we would all want a proven experienced coach, and so would the board by the looks of it.

Seen as though they sacked a 'local unproven' coach who didn't really do that bad, (he met the goals set to him by the board which where gain promotion and consolidate).

I cant really see them signing another 'local unproven' coach, what would be the point? 

We could still have darren holt at this present moment signing up the best  players that are available. (for barrow and our budget).

Now we are having to wait until the new coach is in place to sign new players, and if it goes on any longer we are going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel!

Holty was not signed on a short term basis...he was signed to give us stability and value..he achieved everything that was asked ( sorry he lost the final!!! ) the idea was that he would grow in experience as the club grew from our debt..for whatever reason he was dismissed in what appears to me without thought of the future. We are in the same financial position as we were 2 years ago and before anyone says how do you know look back at the financial plan drawn up by Neil and take about 70k off in additional expenditure. If any of the BoD want to challenge this statement then call an AGM and prove it!

We have sacked a coach that was financially a good acquisition and could have, given more support taken us further in my opinion. Now we are looking for a coach to fill a position that has the reputation as a dead donkey.

I love spending time at The Raiders game and if you know me then you know how I support the game locally but it scares me that in a time where money is hard to find we are letting go key personnel and either gaining less qualified or over paid replacements. People should remember that Holty stepped up to the mark when the club was on the bones of its ###### and did the job he was asked to for little reward.

Have you ever thought mike that the BOD didnt stick to Neils Financial Plan. Just a thought!!

Have you ever thought mike that the BOD didnt stick to Neils Financial Plan. Just a thought!!

I think every man and his dog knows that the business plan was not followed, as if it had there would have been no financial crisis and more debt re paid with more money this year for players  :blind:

Hahaha!

Is that a private joke or can we all join in??

I fail to see what's funny about soss's post!

transparent, transparent ,transparent. where is it?

we are deffo not being kept in the loop. imo

Why? Off the wall...They have told us they have not come to a conclusion and there will be another BoD meeting Monday or Tuesday... Why is that not transparent?