Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster2003

New Coach Required

273 posts in this topic

Interesting piece in Rugby Leaguer today. He doesn't want to let Dalton or BARLA down at this stage but he states he would like the job when the time is right.

is time not know.? chance to mould his own team and bring in the best amateurs in the area.  anyway all this dead talk. lets move on and speculate or new boss of the raiders.

I'd approach him again to prove just how much you want him, everybody likes to be loved and valued, prove to him thats he's the main man and he may be flattered enough to accept

I'd approach him again to prove just how much you want him, everybody likes to be loved and valued, prove to him thats he's the main man and he may be flattered enough to accept

The trouble is Mick according to the Mail they are still negotiating with THEIR favourite.

Cresta didn't want the job .. It's explained in the mail

. He didn't apply for the job . The BOD approached him .. And he doesn't want to do it . Fair play to cresta for being honest . So that's it ! The other interviews are taking place this week and the BOD will give it to the man ( or woman , let's not be sexist here ) ☺️ who is best for Barrow Raiders . I think it will be at least another week before we know .

As good coaches are in short supply in your neck of the woods, why not stick with the lads doing the job now and set on a director of coaching to advise them. Lot cheaper and more successful in the long run.

Great idea !

As good coaches are in short supply in your neck of the woods, why not stick with the lads doing the job now and set on a director of coaching to advise them. Lot cheaper and more successful in the long run.

So, in effect you want a coach, to coach the coaches - hmmm

I remember Wayne Bennett telling Paul Cullen that his position at Widnes as coaching director was a joke - since the coach should have the final say, not someone above him who rests pretty when things go badly.

If a coaching director wants to coach - then become a coach, rather than taking a paid position as well as employing coaching staff.

I dont think the new coach whoever it will be is going to complain about the players who have already signed. Hopefully we can manage to add a bit more quality/depth to the squad and make a good push for the playoffs next season.

Agree whole-heartedly. What about calling the chaps who coach the first team, first team coaches and the experienced one Head Coach. Now that will be the cost effective  answer. It also solves the problem of having another Director.

But why pay 3 coaches when we can just have 1 and an assistant.

We're not big enough or cashed up enough to have a multitude of coaches, and with no reserve grade either, its pointless. 1 man in charge with an assistant is all we need.

We dont pay 3 coaches currently , because marwood does his coaching for free down at barrow so in effect we only do have 1 assistant coach that is costing us money.

I do wish that Pennington would log in as himself when posting stuff ;)

I can confirm that a former Halifax and Swinton coach has got the Barrow job. Forget Senior, my information was incorrect.

Sounds like yet another wind up to me !!!!

Sounds like yet another wind up to me !!!!

100% accurate. Part-time appointment, with Atkinson and Marwood to remain as assistants.

100% accurate. Part-time appointment, with Atkinson and Marwood to remain as assistants.

Matt Calland ?

Brian Noble has had enough of Kashcow and has thrown his hat in the Craven Park ring ;)  lol

Marwood

thats what ive heard

Matt Calland - by a country mile

Peter Gentle is after a job, thought i might as well throw his name into the mix seeing as every man and his dog is getting a mention.lol...

Gareth Gates was in Egremont on Sunday for the Crab Fair.

I think that was just a bluff and he's g g g going for the Raiders job!