Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster2003

New Coach Required

273 posts in this topic

who were they mate ?

Names mentioned in League Weekly on Monday were Dane Dorahy (Son of Aussie ex 'Fax and Wigan coach, John) and Phil Veivers.

It's in the mail tonight that Phil Atkinson has turned the job down too, has anyone actually applied for it? It's getting a bit of a joke now.

Why is it a joke ? The only people to turn it down are acky and cresta ? Both have valid reasons .

Why is it a joke ? The only people to turn it down are acky and cresta ? Both have valid reasons .

Because they are saying in the media they've had 8 or 9 applications yet are offering it out to people who haven't applied and aren't interested. Which says to me that either the candidates that have applied are not very good or that no one has actually applied!

I said last year when some people were wanting Holty to be sacked to be careful what they wished for. Seems to be coming true.

I'm sorry if they have sacked Holt and offered Atkinson the job then something has gone on behind the scenes we aren't aware of.

How would Atkinson offer anything Holt wouldn't, the only reason I agreed with the dismissal of Holt was due to not having enough experience and contacts. But at least he has more than Atkinson.

Because they are saying in the media they've had 8 or 9 applications yet are offering it out to people who haven't applied and aren't interested. Which says to me that either the candidates that have applied are not very good or that no one has actually applied!

I said last year when some people were wanting Holty to be sacked to be careful what they wished for. Seems to be coming true.

Maybe the ones that have applied have asked for too much money. If thats the case, well done to the BOD. we need to get the right person for the right price!!!

Maybe the ones that have applied have asked for too much money. If thats the case, well done to the BOD. we need to get the right person for the right price!!!

Exactly or maybe some of the applicants are away and can't be interviewed yet . No one knows . Let's just speculate and wait !

They keep saying they are still in talks with their main target, yet they have offered the job to 2 people who haven't even applied for it!! Doesn't make sense getting rid of Holty in my opinion.

Acky wasn't offered the job . Straight after holty was sacked he was asked if he was interested in Applying and he said no . Simple .

Well Acky must be a liar then eh!! He's says he received a phone call asking if he would step up to head coach, he said no, to me that is refusing the job!

**Straight after holty was sacked he was asked if he was interested in Applying and he said no.**

**He's says he received a phone call asking if he would step up to head coach, he said no.**

I ain't no English teacher, but aren't you both saying the same thing??  

Ok folks,let's clarify this, 3 weeks ago even before the position was advertised i was asked if I was interested in the position of head coach, as quoted in the evening mail tonight - "I was asked in a phone call not long after Holty was finished,Andy Gaffney asked if I would consider taking it on along with Deano,but I flatly refused it, "I have said all along that I have no interest in taking the role,I'm quite happy to still work as an assistant,basically because I don't think I would be ready to do it". In other words I don't feel iv served a long enough apprenticeship to move up the ladder yet, however like Alias has said if I would have been interested I would have had to apply like everyone else for the position, like I say this was 3 weeks ago so I was possibly the first person to be aware of the situation and I said straight away I was happy to stay and assist the new coach before anyone else had even applied,its obviously the end of the season for most clubs so possible candidates could be on there holidays or even be still be involved with a club in a playoff, I think Shaun Wane is getting this weekends semi final out of the way before his interview (joke by the way! that will be the next rumour round the shipyard) this is probably the reason why the club havnt finished the interview process

Hope this makes it clearer,but I know some people won't let the truth get in the way of a good rumour.

Phil A

With the RIGHT experience to take the club forward next season, otherwise we're back to square one!!

The board of directors said close to 2 weeks ago there would be a announcement next week re: appointment of coach and it was close to being finalised it looks to me they've put all there eggs in 1 basket.....

contracts and agreements between all parties takes time. I'm sure Andy and the BoD are working as hard as they can.

Personally I would like to see someone local that has Barrow in is heart and not his wallet. We have tried the big guns and look where that got us...deep breath everyone an announcement will be made when things are agreed and signed. :drinks:

I would also like to see someone local be offered and take the job, there is two reasons behind me saying that and the first is that a local would want the best for the long term future for the club IMO, the second and main reason for wanting a local is the cost of bringing a coach from outside the Barrow area would more than likely cost the club too much and put further strain on the finances.

Just to clarify I wouldn't know which coach would be the best for Barrow but I do know that Cresta has Barrow at heart and is well respected by locals which would IMO bring the crowds in.

Think we should all

Move on from cresta much as we all would love him as our next coach .. Maybe a local would be good ? Out of interest who would you guys suggest now the obvious ones are out of the running ?

Deano ????