Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

05/09/13 - Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

164 posts in this topic

Discuss Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos here.

I've been looking forward to this one for a few weeks when I realised it was likely to be a playoff for third. Thank you Hull and Catalans for your part in making this possible (no thanks to you, Hull KR)

This should be a cracker, regardless of it being a game for finishing 3rd it is now that both teams will be wanting to start to build momentum, Leeds finally have practically a full squad to choose from and Wigan will have got rid of the wembley hangover and will want to put a market down.

These are usually excellent games, but I wouldn't be holding my breath about tomorrow. At this rate we'll have kept more powder dry than a herd of Columbian mules.

Wigan to throw the game and leave Leeds to play wires twice (if results are similar to wires / saints last season)

Leeds to win their last preseason game and build some momentum going into the proper matches.

Wigan to throw the game and leave Leeds to play wires twice (if results are similar to wires / saints last season)

I think if went to club call with Huddersfield beating Wigan first game, I think they'd choose Leeds personally.

Anyways Leeds by 16.

As regards the play offs, winners go to Warrington, losers go to Huddersfield. Interesting.

I think both Wigan and Leeds will go all out for a victory, momentum at this stage of the season is everything.

Wigan 14 Leeds 18.

Are you seriously suggesting that a club such as Wigan are going to deliberately lose a game?

That sounds like a very serious allegation to me.

Worded poorly by me.

I do think Wigan prefer 4th spot.

I think both Wigan and Leeds will go all out for a victory, momentum at this stage of the season is everything.

Not sure about this.....I suspect that, with essentially not a great deal to play for, both sides will be hoping to avoid injuring key players pre play-offs

Neither Wigan or Leeds have beaten Huddersfield this season so I don't believe this avoidance strategy. Although it would be funny to watch a game with two teams playing under those conditions!

That said, the bean counters will look for Huddersfield v Leeds and Warrington v Wigan in the play-offs.

(This also sidles up to my theory of Catalans away at St Helens and Hull FC v Hull KR)

FACT... :biggrin:

3rd is yours if you want it, Brooza.

I'll take it!

Huddersfield have beaten Leeds 3 times this year, so I'd rather avoid them until Old Trafford, when Leeds will have home advantage!

As regards the play offs, winners go to Warrington, losers go to Huddersfield. Interesting.

Wigan 14 Leeds 18.

Sounds about right to me. 

This going to be a tough one for Wigan to lose. With everyone wanting to play the Giants in the play-offs even 0-0 is no good to them with their superior points difference.

Leeds seem more interested in visiting the HJ than the. Pies. Shocking call by Silverwood, never a 40-20. Evens it up with a dubious forward pass call.

Jeez they make one forward pass up and then ignore them for the rest of the game?

It's a good job Wigans flank defence is good because their forwards getting stuffed