Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

06/09/13 - Hull FC v St Helens KO 8pm

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

67 posts in this topic

You were right with your prediction but way off with the score, I must admit I thought it would have been closer than that, I do enjoy the forum and all of the banter that is why we rugby fans get on so well, most of it is taken with a pinch of salt, judging by what I have read it sounds as though Hull carried on from the way they played at Wembley it has to be disheartening  as a Hull fan when you know your team can play so much better.

Agreed.

Can't help wondering how Adam Pearson feels at the mo. At least I only shelled out a couple of hundred for a season pass.

Saints only have two gears: first and reverse.

I think they would have won in reverse last night, deserved the win won't take anything away from Saints, great away support too.

Imagine what we could have done this year with a halfback.

I know most have 2, but just one would have turned some of those losses around.

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were right with your prediction but way off with the score, I must admit I thought it would have been closer than that, I do enjoy the forum and all of the banter that is why we rugby fans get on so well, most of it is taken with a pinch of salt, judging by what I have read it sounds as though Hull carried on from the way they played at Wembley it has to be disheartening  as a Hull fan when you know your team can play so much better.

Yes, but without the defence.

Some of the dumbest attacking play I've seen all year. We gifted Saints 3 of their first 4 tries (the first one was a bit of luck).

0-0 after 25 minutes and we go in at the break 22-0 down. Absolutely shocking.

I know we're bad in attack, but I didn't think we were so bad we give the ball to the other team three times to score?!

Nowt like as funny as your "wise after the event" post though.

I said before the game that Hull weren't "a much better side" and that the bookies had Saints as 4 point favourites, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, September 9, 2013 - No reason given

Did someone from Wigan steal your girlfriend?

I would like to congratulate you on managing to turn a thread about Saints and Hull into a pop at Wigan.

Jealousy is a really ugly emotion.

:biggrin:

whoops,so excited   "beating Saints 4  times in a season"

How are you feeling about playing us again Steve? I must say Hull KR worry me as much as anyone, you've been a bogey team for us for a while and have clearly had the beating of us this season. If Dobson takes control then I think we'll continue to have a hard time besting you. I'm hopeful we can get a result after our recent form though, our results over the last two months have been a huge improvement on earlier in the year.

Did someone from Wigan steal your girlfriend?

I would like to congratulate you on managing to turn a thread about Saints and Hull into a pop at Wigan.

Jealousy is a really ugly emotion.

He's old enough to have  a girlfriend? :unsure: 

How are you feeling about playing us again Steve? I must say Hull KR worry me as much as anyone, you've been a bogey team for us for a while and have clearly had the beating of us this season. If Dobson takes control then I think we'll continue to have a hard time besting you. I'm hopeful we can get a result after our recent form though, our results over the last two months have been a huge improvement on earlier in the year.

Not at all optimistic. Rovers are a busted side at the moment with several key players not likely to make it for the play offs and very reliant on team spirit and the slick attack that has been a coaching success. The Leeds performance would if repeated see us through but is asking a lot from the youngsters. Rovers can always pull off a shock but 4 wins v the Saints in a season when we would see 2 as a magnificent result is a dream too far.

Pleased at making the play offs v all the odds so will live in hope. Thanks for your efforts v Hull last night, would have been unhappy to go to the KC with such a weakened side as a defeat would have left Hull fans confused again. They keep waking up to the fact that Gentle isn't up to it and Pearson is a ###### but then pull off a win and become deluded again, with my young friend OF an exception.

He's old enough to have  a girlfriend? :unsure:

[/quot

Old enough to make a reduced contribution to the Robins for my season pass which makes it twice the value every week. Last thing I need is yet another girlfriend which is why I always manage to draw out a non comment from my mate Frankly. He is such a tease.

Saw someone on here try to justify Wigans fall from a great height over the last 3 months by cracking on Wembley was their seasons aim and the Play Offs were not of any concern....made me realise they were beginning to hurt and may one day turn out to be decent and modest folk!

Despite being dissapointed have to say I was suprised by the doom and gloom shown by Hull fans after the game and ringing into the radio after. I cant say I really expected us to beat a strong Saints side with a young makeshift forward pack and a half back thrown in at centre for good measure. Dont get me wrong I dont think you can forgive the clanger on half time but we only made mistakes when having to chase the game. For the record I was also pretty impressed with Saints. I think you can count them in one of 5 teams that can actually win the Grand Final. As for Hull well I still think if we even get Ellis and Lynch back we may just beat Catalans home or away. No further than that though.

give it up young man! 

And keep it on topic....like this....Rovers "splattering" was 3 days after a win in the biggest Derby in the game! and I was actually proud of my team at the end of the game. The much weakened team....enforced not by choice!.....was chosen regardless of the mighty Wigan and in most cases played their hearts out. I applauded them off and dont see it as a cross to bear....unlike the Wigan team who have to endure the out of form and much chastened character of Sam Tomkins. He was at his worst that day, the big time Charlie against boys.

My abiding memory was of Dobson set up and ready to take the conversion whilst Sam the girl was stood next to the Ref on the 20 still arguing the toss at 70 odd points .

Franksy I am beginning to like you. IF ONLY YOU COULD STRING MORE THAN A PARAGRAPH TOGETHER we could try to have a debate...

What sort of discussion would Steve and Franksy have about Wigan if the latter actually supported Wigan....

I hate Wigan.

That's his point.

Am sure this was a post about Hull FC vs St Helens  :onthequiet:

Am sure this was a post about Hull FC vs St Helens :onthequiet:

More than happy to see it drift off topic though.