Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larry the Leit

Princess Diana movie

27 posts in this topic

So many conspiracy theories (just in the Express) that there'll be no time left for anything else...

BTWM0stIEAAvea2.jpg

Still, as this picture from last week shows, however rubbish it is, it will have a willing audience.

72885.jpg

If she was terminated by the government it would surely have been by a secret squirrel department from within the secret service

A poor taste joke by Frankie Boyle about a previous Diana memorial.  Viewer discretion advised, if you know you'll be offended then just don't watch it.  Youtube link

It'd certainly make a more interesting movie...

I heard it was going be another Transporter film with Jason Statham.

If she was terminated by the government it would surely have been by a secret squirrel department from within the secret service

It's an odd sort of assassination that relies on the victim choosing not to wear a seat belt and telling the driver of the car to drive really, really quickly when going through a tunnel.

It's an odd sort of assassination that relies on the victim choosing not to wear a seat belt and telling the driver of the car to drive really, really quickly when going through a tunnel.

Shouldn't have taken her belt off before talking with her mouth full.

I've seen the trailer for it.

It was being towed by a white Fiat.

This says all you need to know about any "conspiracy"

That really is a fantastic bit of tv. Thanks for that.

A poor taste joke by Frankie Boyle about a previous Diana memorial.  Viewer discretion advised, if you know you'll be offended then just don't watch it.  Youtube link

God bless Frankie Boyle.

Look, if they can fake the moon landings...

The reaction at the time of her death was ridiculously over the top. Of course it's sad when anyone dies, butI was genuinely flabbergasted by the outpouring of grief from the public at large. I wrote a column about it for my local student rag, which was pulled at the last minute as they thought it would upset people… I wish I still had a copy of the original text. In typical petulant journalist style, my next column was about censorship.

I say "my column". It was a rant column written under a pseudonym. The first target was the university's boorish rugby (union) team. That went down well - loads of support, talk of campus etc, threats of violence against me by rugger b*****s. Ah, those were the days.

God bless Frankie Boyle.

There is no God. Had there been, there would have been no Boyle.

There's a comment on there that's almost as good..

She strangely had a lot in common with the land mines she protested. Very easy to lay but expensive to get rid of.

Love that sketch.

I saw a trailer for the Diana film a couple of weeks ago at the cinema. It looked so bad I wondered if it was supposed to be a spoof. Apparently not. :king:

The trailer looks so bad the film could get a cult status.

Conversely, the Hunt/Lauda film "Rush" looks fantastic. If you didn't know that story was true, you wouldn't believe it.

Isn't it obvious, she was bumped off by interflora, so the could boost their sales

There is no God. Had there been, there would have been no Boyle.

God created Frankie Boyle in his own image, in the image of God created he him.

And God saw that it was good.

The reviews are in for the new Lady Di film:

"Squirmingly embarrassing script" - The Times

"A cheap and cheerless effort that looks like a Channel 5 mid-week matinee" - The Mirror

"Terribly, terribly dull... the bottom of the royal barrel has been scraped once too often" - The Mail

"16 years after that terrible day in 1997, she has died another awful death" - The Guardian

"A must see this autumn [which] will leave the audience in tears" - The Daily Express :rolleyes: