Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

Peacock

56 posts in this topic

On tonight's Boots N All Stats Pack Phil Clarke mentioned there was a rumour Jamie Peacock may come out of international retirement.

I do hope so if only for the presence of the modern great.

(I also had my question read out on the 'Quiz Clarkey' section of the show, I'm famous!)

On tonight's Boots N All Stats Pack Phil Clarke mentioned there was a rumour Jamie Peacock may come out of international retirement.

lets hope not for englands wc chances

There's absolutely no reason for him to. Prop is one position I'm not worried about for England.

I hope he stays retired.  There are now far better options at prop, all of whom I would rather see play ahead of him.  Peacock has had his day at that level. 

Hes been absolutely outstanding this year, it will be between him and Brough for MOS IMO

I've always said that he was the driving force behind Leeds not Sinfield.

He's a great player, a true leader.

I hope he stays retired. There are now far better options at prop, all of whom I would rather see play ahead of him. Peacock has had his day at that level.

That's fine by Leeds.He's been a revelation since he had winter's off

I've always said that he was the driving force behind Leeds not Sinfield.

He's a great player, a true leader.

True, but not good enough to make the England squad right now.

He's tge best prop in SL at this point, check his stats out he is a machine, having said that he's probably only having this good a season because he's had a proper off season

I don't disagree.

His performance against Bradford was completely unprofessional.

I think having Peacock in the England squad would be a mistake. We have better options at prop now.

I don't disagree.

You mean you agree ;-)

Anyway he is the best prop in the league at the moment so should be considered if he comes out of retirement

You mean you agree ;-)

Anyway he is the best prop in the league at the moment so should be considered if he comes out of retirement

I don't believe he is the best prop in the league. I would argue Eorl Crabtree is. Peacock may have made more meters then Crabtree but that's about it.

I don't believe he is the best prop in the league. I would argue Eorl Crabtree is. Peacock may have made more meters then Crabtree but that's about it.

More metres, more tackles, more carries, hes also carried the team at times, dont get me wrong Crabtree has been great but Peacock has had probably had one of his best seasons of his career.

theres a couple of burgess lads ahead of him too

I agree, as I say he's retired but if he changes his mind he should be considered, I though people on here always bang on about being picked on form? Peacock is in the form of his life.

It doesn't matter how old he is or if there are younger players that could take his place. The WC is now. You pick your best players, not players for the future.

If Peacock is one of the best props, have him in the squad.

More metres, more tackles, more carries, hes also carried the team at times, dont get me wrong Crabtree has been great but Peacock has had probably had one of his best seasons of his career.

Peacock also has more missed tackles, more penalties given away less tackles bust. You would need to look at minutes played to see who is statistically the better player though. Peacock may have been on the field twice as long as Crabtree or vice versa.

Either way, I wouldn't pick him if he made himself available.

theres a couple of burgess lads ahead of him too

And Chris Hill, who has been fantastic this season.

Peacock also has more missed tackles, more penalties given away less tackles bust. You would need to look at minutes played to see who is statistically the better player though. Peacock may have been on the field twice as long as Crabtree or vice versa.

Either way, I wouldn't pick him if he made himself available.

Correct.

He has made 520 carries which is 117 more than the next prop (Eorl Crabtree).

His average carry is pretty average compared to plenty of other top props in the league - as you say minutes and games is an important stat, it's frustrating that the SL site doesn't include that one!

I agree about selective stats i was just replying to a post stating peacock was only higher on the stat chart in metres.

Anyway it's all pretty irrelevant as he hasn't actually made himself available.

I agree about selective stats i was just replying to a post stating peacock was only higher on the stat chart in metres.

But it is rumoured.

You should really read the OP, it's very good.

I actually wouldn't be upset if he did play tbh, I think his stats could be even better if he wasn't asked to do so much, a little like Graham at Saints.