Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OutOfTownRoughyed

Squad for 2014

37 posts in this topic

Phil joy is the first to commit to next season at the Roughyeds hopefully the first of many of this years squad

That's great news, lets hope many more of this seasons squad sign up again.

Agree, can't think of any i'd let go. Just hope they all stay, great team spirit, lots of talent and potential. Never say die attitude and the fans believe in them. Old heads on young shoulders so can't see nerve's playing a part in the play offs.

He's been great this season, come on leaps and bounds under Nobby and Spanner. Also credit to the former under 23s coaches for bringing both Joy and Langtree through to the first team.  :bye:

Superb news. For me he has been our best player this year along with Palfrey , Files and Lepori.

All this is really great news!

Good luck to all the lads this weekend - really looking forward to it.   

COME ON THE ROUGHYEDS

I think it's fantastic news. In fact the more that sign the better our chances of getting that promotion because they will naturally want to play in the higher league next year. It's brilliant! What more can I say. 

Josh Crowley signed. Excellent news again.  He has been superb and consistent all year.

This is great stuff getting these lads signed up for next year. Josh has had a cracking season. Come on you Yeds!!!!!

Heard at the game yesterday that Haggerty has signed for Dewsbury.

Yeah that was on Dewsbury forum last wk aint been confirmed yet though

We are releasing the names of all our signings at our fans forum on Friday 4th October.

Good that Cookie is already signed and that Mo has signed for another year. Decent squad coming together again.

Latest signing is Half back Brett Robinson , who played last season for Oxford and formerly of Wigan and Widnes. Robinson was being pursued by several clubs , Swinton and his former club Rochdale were amongst them, but after a meeting with Naylor, put pen to paper. 

Said Robinson, who lives and works in Wigan: "I liked what Scott had to say about his ambitions for Oldham. It's a good club and a good set-up and I know they'll be pushing for promotion again, which is just what I want.

"I want to make as much progress as I can in the game and I think I'll be able to do that while working for Scott and 'Spanner' (assistant coach Lee Spencer) at Oldham.

"At the same time I hope I can justify the faith Scott has shown in me by adding something to the team."

Looks like a good signing this. Now we've got 2 good half backs, with Whitmore able to fill in and Sam Singleton to bring through from the reserves. This signing could be significant this coming season.

I am surprised few people mention how good a player Brett was for us in the u23s a few years ago under Houghie. He is a good lad and has that bit of agression and vision that could be the difference next season. Welcome back on board Brett.

Boults has signed again, another good solid signing.

Yes. Glad he as signed for us again

Well happy with this one. By the end of the season he was one of our best players and can only see him improving next year with a proper pre season behind him.