Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baaarrow

NEW SIGNINGS ?

91 posts in this topic

I'm main sponsor at dalton, can't do it all. Would help out with supporters club though.

Shame BAE don't give anything but then again they don't give a to$$ about Vickers Sports club anymore !!!

there were a few big companies that refused to be associated with the Raiders during the allegations in 2011, perhaps Pete can now approach them again.

"BAE shinning down on Barrow" could be the headlines...lol

BAE arnt interested in the town of Barrow or its sports teams ... it just so happens that when they bought the business the yard happened to be here!

BAE arnt interested in the town of Barrow or its sports teams ... it just so happens that when they bought the business the yard happened to be here!

They are not the only business around Barrow that don't support local sport or anything else come to that. If you work there and it's just a grudge then say so! Yes they don't support the rugby anymore but the rugby has had plenty of help from the yard in the past and maybe in the future who knows !!!

So what's the big announcement from last night?

Kurt haggerty and Nathan mossop signed contracts for next season at the presentation ! Went down a storm . Great stuff !

I'm main sponsor at dalton, can't do it all. Would help out with supporters club though.

The supporters club has fell by the way side at the moment Mike. The problem we had is that no-one turned up at the end. Its great to hear that you could help out. And as you said, it is a great way of putting money into the club. Maybe we could organise a meeting with the current members and get it started again.

Really think that the supporters club should make a big push as it was a great idea that seemed to drop away...perhaps we can help secure finance for a player through it?

This was an excellent initiative which has died a death recently, I think many supporters would be up for starting it back up again, especially if it could help finance an overseas player, which is what imo has been sadly lacking in the last few season.

Imagine what a big barnstorming samoan or fijian could do for our team, it would also bring more numbers through the gate.

This was an excellent initiative which has died a death recently, I think many supporters would be up for starting it back up again, especially if it could help finance an overseas player, which is what imo has been sadly lacking in the last few season.

Imagine what a big barnstorming samoan or fijian could do for our team, it would also bring more numbers through the gate.

dead right richie and they will all be in the shop window come the world cup in october

Was kurt haggerty linked with a move to Leigh? Great to see you guys taking shape too, just hope now we have ended our season we can start moving on for next season too

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some movement between players and our 3 clubs this year. Should be exciting times

The positive thing is we are signing the better players from last season up to now

as much they have been good servants over the years, the likes of Butler will be a waste of valuable capital.

I'd like to see Danny Morrow from walney sign on! On tour in Australia with BARLA, got player of the tour! Would be a good local signing

Adam Nicholson as well

perhaps if Cresta comes in he might bring some of his BARLA boys with him.

o'brien from millom went out on tour too, he has to be better than dandy so could make a good pairing with mossop

What about Danny Morrow, I've never seen him play but have heard good things about him?

Out in Oz with BARLA at the mo.

It's official that the bull has signed a 2 year deal

That's great news !!

Great news ... are any of the other signings 2 year deals ?

Think it's safe to say Leigh will out muscle nearly any team next year down the middle! Signed Brennan(what I've heard), Sam Barlow and now Oliver Wilkes!

Brennan is no great loss as long as we replace him. Was hoping Oli Wilkes might be a target for Barrow :(