Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buford t justice

Workington Predictions

56 posts in this topic

Dogs 36 Jambo's 6

jambos? you muppet you havent even got a game this week.your team of travellers couldnt even make the top 8 ,useless jameaters lol.

Apologies, I've just re-read the cash table- if we beat Workington this still leaves us 5th, so we then have to beat our next opponents to move up in the order, is that right? If we were to reach the semi's then and lose, depending who else lost we would then either finsh 3rd or 4th?

yep , and when 2 teams go out at same stage , it goes back to who finished highest in league table

Cant believe how confidence changes a team 68 points best result yet this season bring on sheffield or leigh wish i wasnt working today . Wonder if any workington fans would like a dvd of this match lol:-)

Cant believe how confidence changes a team 68 points best result yet this season bring on sheffield or leigh wish i wasnt working today . Wonder if any workington fans would like a dvd of this match lol:-)

Shouldn't you be more concerned about conceeding 28 points at home to a very under strength 16 man Town team. Yes, that's correct 16 man although 17 were named Jamie Acton was never going to be used as he is still injured. Several others were either missing or carrying knocks from our 7 games in 25 days spell plus 2 on holiday and two college lads playing (Dawson and McAvoy), so all in all not a bad effort in the circumstances.

i will have one ,if your gonna send it free ;)

We conceeded two or three very soft tries and Worky tried hard but we were far too good for them in the end. Nice to see some noisy Worky fans although they quietend down in the second half. Who we got next?

Like i said wasnt there so wouldnt know due to work if this was the case fair comment. But also maybe we just concetrated on offence rather than defence due to your being a weakend side so decided to go gungho for a change maybe ???

We conceded realy soft trys which was all down left hand side caused by 1 player, who was blowing out of his a..se after 5minutes,cant believe kear didn't take him off b4 half time and waited till about 60th minute, as soon as he went off, good play was had, but fair play workington, still give a go till very end

Shouldn't you be more concerned about conceeding 28 points at home to a very under strength 16 man Town team. Yes, that's correct 16 man although 17 were named Jamie Acton was never going to be used as he is still injured. Several others were either missing or carrying knocks from our 7 games in 25 days spell plus 2 on holiday and two college lads playing (Dawson and McAvoy), so all in all not a bad effort in the circumstances.

What a poor post. When you beat us previously you were one of those who were on here bemoaning the fact that our supporters gave you no credit for your performance (even though some did.) Now despite the fact that we put plenty of points past you all you can have a go at is our defence. Well if we win all of our remaining matches by 40 points I will settle for that.

For what it's worth, I actually thought that going forward, Workington played well going forward. Forber and Thackray were outstanding. I thought Thackray's performance was the best I have seen from a prop at the Mount this season.

Nah, not remotely concerned.

Revenge is oh so Sweet.....sounds like a touch of sour Grapes to me lol.......make that a smirk

" Batley can go orgasmic over beating us all they want but they've beaten a newly promoted beaten up side who's played probs double the games of them in the past month " ........

:P

Revenge for what exactly ? Are you for real ? I'd be questioning how the same side can turn that round... It's you the fans who were cheated surely ....

Revenge for what exactly ? Are you for real ? I'd be questioning how the same side can turn that round... It's you the fans who were cheated surely ....

Genuinely, and with no axe to grind, but how were we cheated.

One thing I really do admire about the Workington forum, and I mean this too, is how you always manage to find a positive in anything. Perhaps we can all learn from this!

Revenge is oh so Sweet.....sounds like a touch of sour Grapes to me lol.......sorry a BIG LOL. :P

good luck in the next round .

nowt like congratulating a classy winner.

Revenge for what exactly ? Are you for real ? I'd be questioning how the same side can turn that round... It's you the fans who were cheated surely ....[/quote

doh ,they hadnt thought of that one.

Dont get it we lose they blame us for disrepecting there win. We win we are gloating as i recall we were venting our fustration of our performances that month. As i recall we didnt respect them but they couldnt wait to gloat om our site ??? Im struggling to see why they are so defensive .

Please.

i think he means we were cheated by the ref when they won up at the mount.....

i think he means we were cheated by the ref when they won up at the mount.....

Ah right. He's far too clever than me, I can hardly keep up with him. My memories of the time seem to be that we were blaming ourselves rather than someone else. I thought that was what originally annoyed their supporters as they perceived us to be ignoring their performance. Anyway, today! How good was Davies? And after listening to Kear on the radio, I do not think they or we need to be concerned at our defensive deficiencies today.