Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOYALION

Xmas list......

48 posts in this topic

So, now the season is over we all look forward to 2014 with renewed optimism.

Who is on your xmas present signings list and what/who do you want rid of? (other than d/r and advertising on the shirts blue monkey)!

I'll start with Reece Williams to replace Kev Penny.....

I would prefer Rhys Williams :-)

We can use him when they are not !

Duffymoon

If you are on tonight could you please PM me your mobile number I need to ask you something ?

Thx

Riggy

Xmas list - traditional looking swinton shirt available to buy in time for the big day .....25 th December!

On the playing side, centres and wingers...we improved over the last few games with penny, Williams, Mendieka and nanyn. Given penny has gone we are likely to have none of them next year and I think losing Higson and Armstrong from 2012 set us back at the start of this year.

And finally, if it is not too much to ask for more, another season from mark smith (a joy to watch these last three years )

I'd like to see a young, fast and creative scrum half and a powerful defence breaking loose forward brought in.  Not much to add to the Christmas list I know.

I'd like to see a young, fast and creative scrum half and a powerful defence breaking loose forward brought in. Not much to add to the Christmas list I know.

James Brown fits the bill for one of those I believe

James Brown fits the bill for one of those I believe

Perhaps so, I would have liked to seen more of him in that role in towards the end of the season.

Real progress or postive news on a new stadium, or our use of an existing stadium in the Swinton area would be the best Christmas present. 

It's interesting to note that the word Agecroft seems to be replaced by new stadium.Are we all resigned to it not happening now?

If you want to split hairs etc in words then how about this from the Penny story on the swinton website -"Warrington – Swinton’s partner club last season".

Looks like it is all over!

You will notice on the original posting I referred to 'xmas present signings list' to avoid this very hijack!

It has its own thread chaps/chapesses......

I'd like to see us keep the big lads like Tahouri Brown and the second rowers like Sarsfield .

Id also like to see Smith give it one last hurrah and of course keep the Hawkyards. I think Harvey has a big part to play especially if he gets his knee fixed

As for new faces I think a trawl of the amateur game to unearth some fast young half back for Watto to coach and maybe pick up some border line super leaguers like Williams Burke etc

I'd like to see us keep the big lads like Tahouri Brown and the second rowers like Sarsfield .

Id also like to see Smith give it one last hurrah and of course keep the Hawkyards. I think Harvey has a big part to play especially if he gets his knee fixed

As for new faces I think a trawl of the amateur game to unearth some fast young half back for Watto to coach and maybe pick up some border line super leaguers like Williams Burke etc

So that's basically everyone we finished the league with - Kev Penny then Mark?

What about that Moulsdale lad at 7 from Crusaders? Mentioned every week and loads of points over the season, from Warrington of all places I think!

Ive previously posed the question Nanyn v Shaw?

I'd like to see the majority of the team signed up by the end of September!

I'd like to keep Mick for 2014, he arrived and provided some much needed experience and back-up kicking relief for Harvey after he pulled his hamstring.

A lot of questions remain around the structuring of the DR next season. Also around who actually plays for Warrington and who doesn't. I know Riley and Shaw have signed contracts with them for next season, but what about Williams, Mendeika, Hulme, Morrison, etc?

Hopefully the majority of players will stay with us, Daz, Ritchie, Watto, Smithy, Mills, Ainscough, Tahraoui, Sarsfield, Cooper, I'Anson. Probably a few I've forgotten as well. For me we need proven Championship players, I feel a lot of points were lost through inexperience this season.

I'd like to see the majority of the team signed up by the end of September!

I'd like to keep Mick for 2014, he arrived and provided some much needed experience and back-up kicking relief.....

....and if only to wind up the opposition fans when he takes over 5 minutes to size up a conversion attempt right in front of the sticks. Some classics up at Whitehaven last week....I was laughing all the way home!