Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOYALION

Xmas list......

48 posts in this topic

I'd like to see the majority of the team signed up by the end of September!

I'd like to keep Mick for 2014, he arrived and provided some much needed experience and back-up kicking relief for Harvey after he pulled his hamstring.

A lot of questions remain around the structuring of the DR next season. Also around who actually plays for Warrington and who doesn't. I know Riley and Shaw have signed contracts with them for next season, but what about Williams, Mendeika, Hulme, Morrison, etc?

Hopefully the majority of players will stay with us, Daz, Ritchie, Watto, Smithy, Mills, Ainscough, Tahraoui, Sarsfield, Cooper, I'Anson. Probably a few I've forgotten as well. For me we need proven Championship players, I feel a lot of points were lost through inexperience this season.

according to posts on the Lions Family page I anson has gone to Macclesfield Rugby Union.

It's interesting to note that the word Agecroft seems to be replaced by new stadium.Are we all resigned to it not happening now?

Nobody seems to know anything at all - which aint surprising - after all, we've always been kept in the dark - for whatever reason.

:tease:    :king:     :yahoo:

....and if only to wind up the opposition fans when he takes over 5 minutes to size up a conversion attempt right in front of the sticks. Some classics up at Whitehaven last week....I was laughing all the way home!

A great point that I'd overlooked! It annoys opposition fans when he chips in with a try and a 100% kicking percentage (after 20 mins). THERE'S ONLY ONE MICK NANYN!!!

Would Martin Ainscough want to stay with us after spending most of the later part of the season out of the match day squad?  I don't know if he was injured or just out of favour but he's too good a player to be hanging around not playing.

Not sure if I'd re employ big Mick...

I'd keep him if he wants to stay.  He has his weaknesses but he provides some great passes to his wingman, is more than a handful close to the opposition line and his kicking ability and experience are a bonus.

A nice early stocking filler - Salford Pink Devils will finish bottom of the pile as London have beaten Hull K R.  Shame there is no relegation.

If they have then I thank them for their time with us and wish them well in whatever they choose to do next!

Is this confirmed? would have thought they were both a bit too young to retire from the game? Unless they simply had to focus more on their careers. Really liked Ainscough, properly talented player but just lacked that turn of pace (or much pace at all) needed in his positions. 

1st on the list -  Keep Gary in the Job  !!!!

Furryenzo it hasn't been confirmed but trust me I have it on very good authority,they won't be with us next season.

I'll say this quietly so as not to upset anyone, but with Salford looking to replace what seems to be their entire playing squad, there could be some recruiting possibilities for us if we keep our heads up. Ok they've just finished bottom but I've no doubt that some of those to be squeezed out might do a good job for us. Money will be an issue but ain't it always.

Extremely disappointed to read that  Martin Ainscough has retired along with Neil Holland - I was a fan of Ainscough - though he played most of the season out of position ( at centre) so never got the opportunity to shine at stand off - only last night I was  watching some videos of Swinton versus Oldham in 2011 and Ainscough was really impressive at stand off.........I also think Neil Holland would develop into a really good prop with regular playing time and decent coaching. No doubt they will both now pop up elsewhere - so I wish them both good luck.

I reckon we should sign a load of leigh fev and Halifax players....watch them need DR signings and then lambast their forums continuously

Id like ryan Brierley for starters

Good man

My mate knows sam tomkins

I'll ask him for a shirt for a raffle

I'll ask Paul Johnsons dad if he'll come out of retirement

I work with Phil Jones best man he can still kick a goal and do a job

Thats us sorted

Dont think we'll get much for the shirt of a man who knows Sam Tomkins and as for Paul Johnson's dad coming out of retirement. ...Im not so sure!

But I will ask Moz to keep playing for the Pinks!

That should do us lol!!!!