Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viking Warrior

34 posts in this topic

that was the crowd at the roosters v rabbitohs game.........awesome.

Awesome game. Big hits and some good tries. $BW the difference though Roosters got lucky with Sam Burgess failing to put the winger in and Walker failing to ground the ball. Shame Inglis is nowhere near 100% as he showed his class briefly against $BW. 59 700 Crowd is fantastic and the atmosphere came across.

Pretty good game.

Why does Sam Burgess do the niggly stuff though? the ballsack grab and tonight pushing the face into the ground and two sly small kicks to the player on the ground.

Hargraves was always going be put on report for the forearm fend, no need for Burgess to cheap shot him while he is on his back on the ground, it will be noticed and played against by other Coaches, he has a streak in him it seems.

Very entertaining game. SBW clear MoM, what a beast. Apart from that mistackle on the only other player on the field in his class in Inglis, he was brilliant. Did a shitload of clean up work too.

Hope he plays in the World Cup. I hope we can handle him and he loses, of course.

Oh yeah, great crowd. Obviously.

Superb attendance for a round match, I know it was an important one in the grand scheme and as near to play off importance as you can get but that's still an amazing number. I hope plenty of those Aussies journey over here for the world cup.

As annoying as it must be to sit near them, I do like seeing all the banners and flags being waved about. It must be great for the players to see their colours being so proudly paraded aswell as some of them being the subject individually, by mention of by picture.

Thought it was a good game but not earth-shattering. Wasn't massively impressed with Souths to be honest. They failed to build much pressure due to some poor last tackle options.

Pretty good game.

Why does Sam Burgess do the niggly stuff though? the ballsack grab and tonight pushing the face into the ground and two sly small kicks to the player on the ground.

Hargraves was always going be put on report for the forearm fend, no need for Burgess to cheap shot him while he is on his back on the ground, it will be noticed and played against by other Coaches, he has a ###### streak in him it seems.

Also known as an ' winning attitude '. You are quite obviously not a Souths fan I will wager.

Crowd's have been done for the NRL but I think fan's (like SOO) like the big hyped matches and hopefully that what the NRL should be pushing at both ANZ as well as SFS, while Brisbane needs another team to rival the Bronco's.

I heard they were hoping for 50,000.

This is possibly the first time in living memory that a rugby league crowd has exceeded the estimate by a large amount!

I heard they were hoping for 50,000.

This is possibly the first time in living memory that a rugby league crowd has exceeded the estimate by a large amount!

I heard 40,000

Also known as an ' winning attitude '. You are quite obviously not a Souths fan I will wager.

No, I am not a Souths fan.

A winning attitude is fine, being a Grub is not the same thing is it?

Superb attendance for a round match, I know it was an important one in the grand scheme and as near to play off importance as you can get but that's still an amazing number. I hope plenty of those Aussies journey over here for the world cup.

As annoying as it must be to sit near them, I do like seeing all the banners and flags being waved about. It must be great for the players to see their colours being so proudly paraded aswell as some of them being the subject individually, by mention of by picture.

Speaking of the World Cup. That cover tackle by Minicello was as good as I have seen in years. If the rest of the Italian team has that kind of quality they could be a real surprise packet . Wales had better be on their guard at the Millennium.

No, I am not a Souths fan.

A winning attitude is fine, being a Grub is not the same thing is it?

Just a quick question, who's that in your forum avatar?

Eric Grothe snr.

I thought so, what a player he was. Angry sod too if I remember correctly.

After the high of the big crowd the NRL shoot themselves in the foot by having a final's double header at the SFS.

I thought so, what a player he was. Angry sod too if I remember correctly.

Eric Grothe was one of the mildest men to play the game.

He ran like a Train but I don't think he was ever before the Judiciary in his life, he would have been the last man into a fight if he in fact ever threw a punch.

His nickname was the "Guru" 

Sam Burgess is a great player, no doubt about that, he just lets himself down with some of the dirty rubbish he goes on with.

He is not the only Souths player like that, he could share notes with his Hooker another great player that lets himself down with his antics that bring the game into disrepute.

Anyway, I should not have been negative on a positive thread, it was a fantastic crowd and I believe a record for a regular season Club game in the NRL.

Cheers.

Eric Grothe was one of the mildest men to play the game.

He ran like a Train but I don't think he was ever before the Judiciary in his life, he would have been the last man into a fight if he in fact ever threw a punch.

His nickname was the "Guru" 

Sam Burgess is a great player, no doubt about that, he just lets himself down with some of the dirty rubbish he goes on with.

He is not the only Souths player like that, he could share notes with his Hooker another great player that lets himself down with his antics that bring the game into disrepute.

Anyway, I should not have been negative on a positive thread, it was a fantastic crowd and I believe a record for a regular season Club game in the NRL.

Cheers.

You mean he should be an all round great guy like Cameron "The chicken wing tackle" Smith.  Perhaps he should follow the fine example of sportsmanship which Paul Gallen sets.

You mean he should be an all round great guy like Cameron "The chicken wing tackle" Smith.  Perhaps he should follow the fine example of sportsmanship which Paul Gallen sets.

Quoting other players that do the wrong thing does not justify a players actions does it?

Good logic in that comparison mate.