Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bar red

Our Leaders

31 posts in this topic

If every play-off game was a sell out and the World Cup stadiums were bursting at the seams with people trying to get in to see the likes of Cooks vs USA and then every football club stopped playing football and started playing RL and RL became the National sport, there would still be moaners!

Stop moaning, support the game and if you want to change something, YOU do it!

Why change for changing sake.

Why would Koukash be interested?

Not sure O'Connor would be either.

my point is that they are the type of people we need running the game, successful businessmen who would sell the game to the public whilst at the same time running it in a truly professional manner...........unlike the bumbling amateurs we have in place now.

my point is that they are the type of people we need running the game, successful businessmen who would sell the game to the public whilst at the same time running it in a truly professional manner...........unlike the bumbling amateurs we have in place now.

As soon as the likes of O'Connor and Koukash took over they would immediately be ripped to shreds by fans.

O'Connor is a good business man sure, but he hasn't exactly got them flocking in to watch Widnes - as soon as there are thousands of empty seats at Wembley, Old Trafford and for internationals he would be deemed to be as incompetent as the last lot. 

As soon as he made the prudent decision to stage the semi final at a small ground, he would be deemed incompetent. 

If he did go for something bold like Magic Weekend, he would be judged on the empty seats and deemed incompetent.

Koukash - well who knows what he will do. Being loaded and having a big mouth may get you some publicity, but can he run a business that is sustainable in a challenging environment. I am keen to see what happens at Salford, and I hope that he can be successful with them, but we have no evidence that he will.

But they are tied to specific clubs and they could be the greatest ever and that would still be a red line to cross.

If every play-off game was a sell out and the World Cup stadiums were bursting at the seams with people trying to get in to see the likes of Cooks vs USA and then every football club stopped playing football and started playing RL and RL became the National sport,.....!

I am expecting this as a minimum come the end of the WC.

Could we afford to pay multi-millionaire businessmen enough to give up their day job?