Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suzzy

Players in and out for 2014 and the prospects

180 posts in this topic

Thought i would get a thread going which didn't involve coaches and D/R.It stated Darren was in the process of getting some of the current squad to re-sign. and as we know up to now

players In Players Out

Thomas Coyle Waine Pryce (retired)

James Coyle

Mathew Tebb

Jimmy Watson

looking forward to seeing what sort of level the new comers to this level have progressed and what sort of standards the refereeing is because listening to some of the sh**e that comes from Stevo and Cummings on decisions beggars belief sometimes.I watch Sharlston Rover as much as i can and thoroughly enjoy the games so i don't see why being in division 1 should spoil your enjoyment of watching your club in a competitive game of rugby league. Hunslet will have to be very competitive and not take teams for granted if they are to become Champions the Lads will need your support even more next season as i know the York Lads will be looking to turn us over.Bring it on i say.

Thought i would get a thread going which didn't involve coaches and D/R.It stated Darren was in the process of getting some of the current squad to re-sign. and as we know up to now

players In Players Out

Thomas Coyle Waine Pryce (retired)

James Coyle

Mathew Tebb

Jimmy Watson

looking forward to seeing what sort of level the new comers to this level have progressed and what sort of standards the refereeing is because listening to some of the sh**e that comes from Stevo and Cummings on decisions beggars belief sometimes.I watch Sharlston Rover as much as i can and thoroughly enjoy the games so i don't see why being in division 1 should spoil your enjoyment of watching your club in a competitive game of rugby league. Hunslet will have to be very competitive and not take teams for granted if they are to become Champions the Lads will need your support even more next season as i know the York Lads will be looking to turn us over.Bring it on i say.

Whatever made you think we'd be looking for our first win over the Hawks in an eternity next season, Col ? Presentation Night tonight so maybe a new signing or two to announce at the HS... Going to be a really interesting 2014 and, to be honest, the model has got to be Woodsie's Gateshead promotion side - a team built on a bunch of fit and committed guys who have come through the amateur/junior ranks ( first class contacts and scouting needed ), no journeymen but a core of experienced C'sp players who buy into the aspirations of the club. And no bloody DR !

Hoping to get through to see Shilo when I'm not reffing. All the best..

Whatever made you think we'd be looking for our first win over the Hawks in an eternity next season, Col ? Presentation Night tonight so maybe a new signing or two to announce at the HS... Going to be a really interesting 2014 and, to be honest, the model has got to be Woodsie's Gateshead promotion side - a team built on a bunch of fit and committed guys who have come through the amateur/junior ranks ( first class contacts and scouting needed ), no journeymen but a core of experienced C'sp players who buy into the aspirations of the club. And no bloody DR !

Cant get a better start than Sharlston V Drigg tomoz Andy. Dont know where you find the energy from Mate you've a finger in every pie what with radio,Mc boxing,cricket,Pop festivals and being a family man and work how do you fit it all in PHEW.Looking forward to the next time we meet mate always a pleasure.

Plenty to look forward to having been at presentation night seemed like a very good vibe coming from everyone at clu think people will be happy

Dave Woods' promotion winning Gateshead side was built upon five or six top quality Australians from the Queensland Cup.

Dave Woods' promotion winning Gateshead side was built upon five or six top quality Australians from the Queensland Cup.

it certainly was,Luke Brannighan being the best

it certainly was,Luke Brannighan being the best

Pretty sure that Branighan only joined in 2009, although he had the likes of Dan Russell in 2008.

Yes 2008 when we won league dan russell was at 7...2009 when we played in championship luke branighan was at 7..2007 season when we finished 2nd bottom under woods our player kev neighbour went and played a season in australia he came back to play for us in 2008 and he recommended a few players from australia who he got to no while he was playing over there in 07..he came back 08 with a few of aus lads and we got promoted it was kev neighbour who recommended players to woods for 08 season then we ended up getting promoted neighbour then went on to coach us now hes left good luck to him great guy great player and manager.

Dave March, Danny Grimshaw and Lee Mapals are staying at Hunslet Hawks for 2014, but Liam Welham moves on to Doncaster.

I will settle for that. Liam has a lot ot potential but had a poor 2nd half of the season. Easier travelling to Donny from Hull. Good luck Liam

Aye, and a coupla cheap Aussies !

I will settle for that. Liam has a lot ot potential but had a poor 2nd half of the season. Easier travelling to Donny from Hull. Good luck Liam

Not going to be able to keep everyone but getting Marchy to play on is brilliant news for me hopefully Grimmer can stay injury free a lot of quality players signed up for champs one already

Yeah getting Marchy to play another season is great news. He was outstanding in those last few games when he reverted to hooker.

yeh good luck Wello, but with hopefully a fit Jake Normington,s a like for a like.

Lewis reed signed from Keighley

Who?

yeh good luck Wello, but with hopefully a fit Jake Normington,s a like for a like.

I'd prefer Aston Wilson!. Why he wasn't selected when fit is beyond a joke

Hunslet ,when led by Dave Plange had great ties with Cas . Thats where we should be looking. Obviously it didnt work for York or Us , so Well Done to them for movin on . Hope WE Can do the same !!!

[/quote You obviously hate the Rhinos with a vengeance love to know why?

Hunslet ,when led by Dave Plange had great ties with Cas . Thats where we should be looking. Obviously it didnt work for York or Us , so Well Done to them for movin on . Hope WE Can do the same !!!

[/quote You obviously hate the Rhinos with a vengeance love to know why?

Suzzy, its likely that older Hunslet will be anti-Rhinos, given the historic rivallry between the two clubs which was built around the fact that for decades Leeds used to pinch Hunslet's best players for a pittance. The rivallry might seemingly be diluted these days given the comparative situations that the two clubs find themselves in, but I guess for many it hasn't gone away - and that's their prerogative. This is only to be expected. If I was a Hunslet fan, I can imagine I'd be desperately unhappy that my club was apparently at the beck and call of Leeds Rhinos. Imagine the reaction of Featherstone fans if their club had established a dual registration link with Castleford?

I'd prefer Aston Wilson!. Why he wasn't selected when fit is beyond a joke

i asked that question a few times as well, got told he was moving house and wasnt training, however id like Wilson and Normington as first choice centres next season with Maples and maybe Brickwood on the other wing.Watson at full bk, Grimmer at loose forward, Coyles at half backs and Marchy at hooker.

i asked that question a few times as well, got told he was moving house and wasnt training, however id like Wilson and Normington as first choice centres next season with Maples and maybe Brickwood on the other wing.Watson at full bk, Grimmer at loose forward, Coyles at half backs and Marchy at hooker.

That looks good!