Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suzzy

Players in and out for 2014 and the prospects

180 posts in this topic

Could also do with some new blood coming in, can't see HIST membership and crowds increasing if we just have the same players , and especially the same coaching staff.

Haven't seen anything about promotion and relegation from the RL,-- time will tell.

There are a few other familiar faces I'd like to see back again next season ... (in no particular order), Kain, Menzies, Haley, Oakes ...

i asked that question a few times as well, got told he was moving house and wasnt training, however id like Wilson and Normington as first choice centres next season with Maples and maybe Brickwood on the other wing.Watson at full bk, Grimmer at loose forward, Coyles at half backs and Marchy at hooker.

Like it. Title winning side.

i asked that question a few times as well, got told he was moving house and wasnt training, however id like Wilson and Normington as first choice centres next season with Maples and maybe Brickwood on the other wing.Watson at full bk, Grimmer at loose forward, Coyles at half backs and Marchy at hooker.

Surely Kain at full back, Watson on the wing. Rest of your selection sounds good.

Kain is good in defence, but he attack has been poor for quite a while, he was killing us against Sheffield away; he was getting to all the right places but was just dying with the ball.

Kain is good in defence, but he attack has been poor for quite a while, he was killing us against Sheffield away; he was getting to all the right places but was just dying with the ball.

I did not go to Sheffield as it was a night game, and could not get the night off work , so cannot comment on that game. I  always have thought  Kain looked as fast as any of our backs. Maybe he just had a bad game for once. Lets face it we improved this season when he was brought into the fullback position.

I do like Watson on the attack from fullback, but his defence in that position is suspect, as it's in a position that counts, so much.

Still think Kain is the better option at fullback, when we can put Watson on the wing, or centre, and let him show his speed , of which he has got in abundance.

Watson signed an 18 month contract mid season so I doubt he will be out of the 17 numbers next season. I even think Kain may have to give up his illustrious Number 1 jersey for the first time in (I don't know how many years).

Watson had a brilliant 15 games for us in his first season at this level. There were silly mistakes in most of his games, I would be the first to say it- but there were flashes of brilliance too. Look at all the big games we played Sheffield, Halifax, Batley. He mopped everything up then did something silly which may have cost us 6 points and maybe the game. But he will learn from that.

I think Watson was dropped in the season because his passion got in the way of his rugby. At Keighley away he scored a great try then got sin binned for a silly tackle. Week after got sin binned for a tackle on Cooke. He played well at Barrow then got dropped to teach him a lesson and to work on his mistakes. Kain stepped in and had a great first game but cost us a try I remember. Played well again and did the same again. Then at Dewsbury away Kain had a shocker. I thought he would have been dropped then but the relegation battle was on and Eaton was to scared to change things as results were in our favour.

On another note Brickwood was runner up as player of the year, but he was dropped for half of it - how does that work?

Next season in my opinion I see it as:

Watson

Maples

Normington or Keinhorst from Leeds

Brickwood or Wilson or Minns from Leeds

Kain (if he signs) or Duckworth from Leeds

Coyle

Coyle or Sutcliffe from Leeds

Not sure about the forwards but we will have:

March and Tebb as rotating Hookers with Haigh in now and again.

Yates will be back or Singleton but not both.

Davies, Menzies, Hayley, Houston in no particular order.

Alex Foster will be in there as will Grimshaw- may be at 13.

By the way. That's your 5 dual reg players in my opinion for next season with Achurch thrown in as he will have a shocker at some stage in the season and be left out.

Watson signed an 18 month contract mid season so I doubt he will be out of the 17 numbers next season. I even think Kain may have to give up his illustrious Number 1 jersey for the first time in (I don't know how many years).

Watson had a brilliant 15 games for us in his first season at this level. There were silly mistakes in most of his games, I would be the first to say it- but there were flashes of brilliance too. Look at all the big games we played Sheffield, Halifax, Batley. He mopped everything up then did something silly which may have cost us 6 points and maybe the game. But he will learn from that.

I think Watson was dropped in the season because his passion got in the way of his rugby. At Keighley away he scored a great try then got sin binned for a silly tackle. Week after got sin binned for a tackle on Cooke. He played well at Barrow then got dropped to teach him a lesson and to work on his mistakes. Kain stepped in and had a great first game but cost us a try I remember. Played well again and did the same again. Then at Dewsbury away Kain had a shocker. I thought he would have been dropped then but the relegation battle was on and Eaton was to scared to change things as results were in our favour.

On another note Brickwood was runner up as player of the year, but he was dropped for half of it - how does that work?

Next season in my opinion I see it as:

Watson

Maples

Normington or Keinhorst from Leeds

Brickwood or Wilson or Minns from Leeds

Kain (if he signs) or Duckworth from Leeds

Coyle

Coyle or Sutcliffe from Leeds

Not sure about the forwards but we will have:

March and Tebb as rotating Hookers with Haigh in now and again.

Yates will be back or Singleton but not both.

Davies, Menzies, Hayley, Houston in no particular order.

Alex Foster will be in there as will Grimshaw- may be at 13.

You haven't mentioned Lewis Reed he looks a big unit why hasn't he been getting into the Keithley side him being in the Bulls system you would imagine he was a good prospect once upon a time.

You haven't mentioned Lewis Reed he looks a big unit why hasn't he been getting into the Keithley side him being in the Bulls system you would imagine he was a good prospect once upon a time.

I don't know what he is like so will reserve judgement. However if he is anything like the other person we got from C1 (mr clough) Then I guess he is only here to make the numbers up.

I don't know what he is like so will reserve judgement. However if he is anything like the other person we got from C1 (mr clough) Then I guess he is only here to make the numbers up.

Is he the same Clough who was at York.

Is he the same Clough who was at York.

yes same Cloughy, fairly good player but really needs to work on his fitness.

thought so when he played with our grimmer he was a really strong go forward lad looks a bit jowly in his picture but he will have to work on it if he want to get a place hope he does.

Lewis Reed only made a couple of appearances for the Cougars early on in the season when the injury list was high. He spent the back end of the season out on loan in Championship 1 with Hemel Stags. Sorry, but I wouldn't get too excited.

Lewis Reed only made a couple of appearances for the Cougars early on in the season when the injury list was high. He spent the back end of the season out on loan in Championship 1 with Hemel Stags. Sorry, but I wouldn't get too excited.

Lets hope the Lad can reprieve his career with the Hawks every body deserves a chance and Div 1 might be the platform hes looking towards

Lets hope the Lad can reprieve his career with the Hawks every body deserves a chance and Div 1 might be the platform hes looking towards

think he got man of the match when we played Keighley in April

I really hope he does a job for you

Can't envisage Leeds seeing the benefit of Sutcliffe or Keinhorst playing in Championship 1 next season. I'd expect to see some of their younger Academy players in your side next season.

Can't envisage Leeds seeing the benefit of Sutcliffe or Keinhorst playing in Championship 1 next season. I'd expect to see some of their younger Academy players in your side next season.

sutcliffe is first team at leeds playing every week jimmy would be the same if he wasn't injured atm

I see your point but not sure I agree. These guys are now too old for the U19s so need somewhere to play. Keinhorst won't get a game in front of Moon or Watkins so where does he go. Likewise with Sutcliffe, he won't play in front of Ward either, so where does he play? Sutcliffe is well thought of but even C1 is a step up from U19s so it's not beneath him. Also he has a lot of work to do on his game I think before he is seen as a regular in the 17. Expect to see these two plus others I mentioned earlier with us next year. IMO of course

There are a few other familiar faces I'd like to see back again next season ... (in no particular order), Kain, Menzies, Haley, Oakes ...

Personally, I can't see the point in signing ALL last years team again. Cherry pick the best ones and try to replace others with new players.

Personally, I can't see the point in signing ALL last years team again. Cherry pick the best ones and try to replace others with new players.

why? This years team would have walked championship 1

I mentioned Lewis further up the thread good player we had him on loan at Oldham last year, good signing 4 u guys. Whats happening with Menzies? He signed again for you?

Not as yet think he is looking at his options reckon he will be going

Not as yet think he is looking at his options reckon he will be going

He was getting it about Featherstone wanted him dont know how true it was.