Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suzzy

Players in and out for 2014 and the prospects

180 posts in this topic

I think some have misinterpreted "we have assembled a strong squad" with "we are going to walk the league", and hopefully we've all been around long enough to realise that is flawed logic.

The law of averages suggests York are going to beat us before much longer now, and Oldham have been a bit of a bogey side for Hunslet since the birth of the Northern Union! Worth remembering that both of this season's promoted teams lost at Hemel Stags too.

Anyway, we have enough players signed up to start and see how we might typically line up on match day now ...

1. Kain / Watson

2. Brickwood / Akaidere

3. Maun

4. Lyons / Wilson

5. Mapals

6. Grimshaw / Coyle

7. Coyle / Coyle

8. Broughton / Davies

9. Tebb / Haigh / March

10. Houston / Clough

11. Reed / Lyons

12. Oakes

13. March / Grimshaw

Not bad at all really for this stage of the close season ... and (whisper it quietly), not a single dual-reg in sight ...

let's hope your right and we can bin them off

In all honesty i expect u guys to be the team to beat next season in champ 1

.... Dont be blinded by the Bright lights ! Hunslet like Leeds united are both Great Clubs with A PROUD History. NO Better than 4th for me ....Some on here thought last season would see us in the playoffs.... 2015 will be Hunslets Year....

why would you say 2015 would be our year and not next season 72?

I think there's little doubt we WILL we generally perceived as the team to beat in this division next season, in real terms there's now surprisingly little difference in the make up and quality of the squad compared to last season.

However such labels usually bring their own pressures, with everybody else trying their damnedest to upset the formbook.

But however we perform next season, there is still a question mark about how and if there will be promotion. And I'm not sure whether the cancellation of tomorrows general meeting discussing 2015 structures means good news for next season's Championship 1 winners (and playoff winners) or not ..??

maybe we will have a new coach in 2015???

... please see sgt peppers reply ...

... please see sgt peppers reply ...

Better 72 lol

I can't believe it needed spelling out.

Back on topic, Miggy boy Matthew Fox back at the club, makes a change for the club to have so many local player's.

Back on topic, Miggy boy Matthew Fox back at the club, makes a change for the club to have so many local player's.

Good to see a few local players down , Gaz

You guys must have strongest squad in the division ? Eaton wants sacking if you don't win this league . Fingers crossed for you guys . We at York won't have a chance this year . No sigings that stand out for us really .

You guys must have strongest squad in the division ? Eaton wants sacking if you don't win this league . Fingers crossed for you guys . We at York won't have a chance this year . No sigings that stand out for us really .

We have signed a prop who previously retired from the game due to injuries and quite a few from the relegation team. Need a few experienced players to help the promising young local lads we've signed. But I agree that at the moment Hunslet have got the better squad. Must be all that money the Rhinos have invested in them :-D

23 in the Squad now with 19 year old Stacey Canterbury signing from Castleford.

23 in the Squad now with 19 year old Stacey Canterbury signing from Castleford.

I hope it's Casey and not Stacey ;) or we may need more dressing rooms.

I hope it's Casey and not Stacey ;) or we may need more dressing rooms.

I knew a Stacey who had big shoulders!

my bad lol

I went to school with a lad who had a big head his mam asked him to go to the shop for ten pound of potatoes he said have you got a bag she told him to put them in his hat