Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dewsbury Rams

Fans Forum and Presentation Night for Player Sponsors

90 posts in this topic

A fans forum will be held at the Tetley's Stadium on Friday 4th October starting at 7.30pm.

The forum will include the presentations to all this year's shirt sponsors to show our appreciation for their support.

The forum will be chaired by Rams Chairman Mark Sawyer and will include news on the new players coming to the club in 2014, details of which of the current squad will be at the club next season, an update on the main club sponsor for 2014, details of season ticket prices for next year and an update on what is happening with the proposed development around the stadium.

You don;t have to be a season ticket holder to attend - all are welcome.

For the people that can't make it,will RogerTRam be recording the evening,like he was kind enough to do last year?

Lots of facts/rumours rattling about on other forums about players that are definitely leaving/signing for other Championship clubs. Batley for example appear to have at least nine new players lined up whilst Fev and Fax are revamping their squads wholesale.

I wonder which big names we will be announcing or will we have to hold fire until after the Wigan/Warrington final?

Now that James Craven has left and we feel we need a full back, well could the player with over 250 SL appearances be someone who has now departed Warrington? If so, wow; or an ex-international prop whose surname is the same as that of an Indian male bird? In which case, very good; or the son of a former Dewsbury prop with the same names as his father? If so, okay; or perhaps the son of Ryanair's CEO? Nah! Don't know of an O'Leary playing our game.

Now that James Craven has left and we feel we need a full back, well could the player with over 250 SL appearances be someone who has now departed Warrington? If so, wow; or an ex-international prop whose surname is the same as that of an Indian male bird? In which case, very good; or the son of a former Dewsbury prop with the same names as his father? If so, okay; or perhaps the son of Ryanair's CEO? Nah! Don't know of an O'Leary playing our game.

I'm predicting our best known, and best signings will be Thackray (maybe both of them) and Hemingway, and maybe Wayne Godwin. Our mystery overseas player will be former sharleston favourite Chris Aiton (old news). Not sure about the rumours of a couple of fax players joining, but I think the rest will be relative unknowns.

Signed the winger from Oxford too aparantly. All will be revealed Friday but my guess is the player with over 250 super league games is Godwin or Gilmour

What about mcgoldrick... Released today by Salford.

Not a fan of mason as his off field antics can be appalling... But if he does sign he will have to impress more than he has in the previous 10 yearish of his early career.... Personally not a fan.

Will be interesting if nowt else tomorrow night ;)

Paul Sykes

Brett Hodgson or Steve Menzies ;-)

What about mcgoldrick... Released today by Salford.

Not a fan of mason as his off field antics can be appalling... But if he does sign he will have to impress more than he has in the previous 10 yearish of his early career.... Personally not a fan.

Will be interesting if nowt else tomorrow night ;)

Nuts I thought it would be you Coolie. I envisaged you had been away at a secret traing camp in australia learning everything you could from billy slater etc and rip the championship to bits! I suppose its just going to be some old has been then eh ;)

Nar piggy

I've been lurking in a cold dark place, where nobody visited,I had only one cup to drink from and a few ribbons for warmth, the loneliness was unbearable at times,thru a crack between the doors only once every now and then a small number of people could be seen... Never enough in their numbers to deem them important... On my escape I was tempted to take my only friend with me.. The lonely little cup all alone just standing their ever so lonely...I waved it goodbye as I made my escape... Wishing the poor little cup good luck and reassured it... Maybe someday soon it will have another friend to share its lonely existence with.... I'll never forget it's name and wonder has it got any company.. I do miss you northern rail ;)

:lol: cheeky sod at least we av a trophy cabinet, .although it doubles as a tv cabinet when its quiet ;)

The possibility of who has signed for us is questionable, the criteria fits a lot of players though, this could be: Keith Mason, Wayne Godwin, Brett Hodgson (although unlikely), Paul Wellens (who I'm certain won't be in the red amber and black next season), Leon Pryce, and many more.

As Leon pryce been released by Catalans and wanting to now set up his own business so stepping down to the parttime championship level ? I doubt it mate! The player who it is did however approach Glenn to explain all the above but who was the player? My guess is Godwin! Hodgsons off Salford Kelsey, and would go home back to oz before joining the championship

Godwin? The chap from Dad's army?

The possibility of who has signed for us is questionable, the criteria fits a lot of players though, this could be: Keith Mason, Wayne Godwin, Brett Hodgson (although unlikely), Paul Wellens (who I'm certain won't be in the red amber and black next season), Leon Pryce, and many more.

Most amusing.

The chairman has already stated many months ago that we will be working on a similar budget to this year, so none of these fantasy players will be coming. Mason is a possibility but he would jump at a SL chance if anyone offered it and would only come to us if there was nowhere else - money speaks very loudly for him. (Besides which could he ever be the towering hero for the club that his father was?)

The mystery full back will remain a mystery for some time yet, I hear, but if he does come wouldn't cost us anything like the amount of money that some of these named would. I don't expect any major revelations and will be most interested in who we retain from this year first - that will be a clear indication of our ambitions and expectations for next year.

Also, will season tickets increase in price significantly? This is an intriguing possibility isn't it - no increase means a reduced income for the club in real terms, a large increase means a probable loss of some ST holders, which means that a modest increase is likely and should be taken to indicate a reflection of our expectations for the coming season.

:ph34r:

Most amusing.

The chairman has already stated many months ago that we will be working on a similar budget to this year, so none of these fantasy players will be coming. Mason is a possibility but he would jump at a SL chance if anyone offered it and would only come to us if there was nowhere else - money speaks very loudly for him. (Besides which could he ever be the towering hero for the club that his father was?)

The mystery full back will remain a mystery for some time yet, I hear, but if he does come wouldn't cost us anything like the amount of money that some of these named would. I don't expect any major revelations and will be most interested in who we retain from this year first - that will be a clear indication of our ambitions and expectations for next year.

Also, will season tickets increase in price significantly? This is an intriguing possibility isn't it - no increase means a reduced income for the club in real terms, a large increase means a probable loss of some ST holders, which means that a modest increase is likely and should be taken to indicate a reflection of our expectations for the coming season.

:ph34r:

The mystery fullback ? As in Aussie from Salford likes tattoos and first name Ryan ?

Congratulations on signing Wayne Godwin be a great player at this level

I don't believe that I will be at this meeting but there is one topic that I hope the Chairman is able to comment upon, possibly at length. Next week is the meeting scheduled by the RFL at which the league structure for 2015 and onwards is to be discussed and decided, if I understand correctly. In advance of this I assume that all club representatives will have been provided with comprehensive information about the options and their potential implications and if these could be shared it would be most informative for fans. I think that it is important for fans to understand all of the issues that clubs such as ours have to deal with in mapping out their route forward and that it is a bit more complex than the quality of beer in the South Stand bar or the condition of a prop forwards right knee.

Whichever structure is decided upon, and we have a clear insight into the RFL leaderships preferred options if not their implications, will of course have a major bearing upon the recruitment policies of all clubs for next season. Comments upon this will be most interesting,

The mystery fullback ? As in Aussie from Salford likes tattoos and first name Ryan ?

Congratulations on signing Wayne Godwin be a great player at this level

That's not the name I've heard although I would possibly be shaken (but not stirred) if this is correct.