Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chairman LMAO

Predictions: Leigh v Batley

47 posts in this topic

I agree mike, keep him quiet and its a no brainer, for the dogs, but we must play for the full 80mins, weve a problem of going to sleep at certain times.

Any whispers as to Applegarth's fitness for this game or are we saving him for the final?

I spoke to him yesterday.  Doesn't sound like he'll be returning any time soon - the knee is still giving him trouble. 

JK on radio Leeds said Mark is out for the season but Mullally and Fairbank have been made available this weekend.

Do you heavily rely on D/R ?

I was told you were going with 19 next year and looking for 5/6 Hudds players to make up the squad

I know leigh only have spencer who has played the required six games to qualify for the play offs

I was told you were going with 19 next year and looking for 5/6 Hudds players to make up the squad

I know leigh only have spencer who has played the required six games to qualify for the play offs

No we do not rely heavily on D/R but we will use it to enhance the squad if we can. I believe our relationship with Huddersfield is pretty close to how D/R was first envisaged. I think this has been a partnership in the real sense of the word. In fact JK was suggesting that we need to do a little more next season for Huddersfield as we have had the better of the relationship this season. We have used the same young lads throughout the season. As for next, who knows but if it is as you describe it will not be very different to this one.

I was a great opponent of the system at the start of the season, and still am in many ways, but reckon it has done no harm to our standing as an independent club. I reckon the relationships, like all, should be based on mutual respect and I believe this to have been the case with ours and Huddersfield's.

Of course all this assumes D/R is still in place next season.

I wouldn't say it was a 'reliance'. There are many games where we've had only one dual reg player or - as last week, none in our XVII. Out of the five dual reg players we've used this season, only Mullally and Johnson have played consistently. Ben Blackmore played only a single game, Dan Fleming has played seven or eight times, and Fairbank has played intermittently between loan spells with London and Bradford.

How many qualify for Sunday ?

I believe the minimum appearance requirement is three games, so Mullally, Fairbank, Fleming and Johnson all qualify - as does Alex Walmsley, although he only appeared in the early stages of the season and then vanished into oblivion ;-)

I wouldn't say it was a 'reliance'. There are many games where we've had only one dual reg player or - as last week, none in our XVII. Out of the five dual reg players we've used this season, only Mullally and Johnson have played consistently. Ben Blackmore played only a single game, Dan Fleming has played seven or eight times, and Fairbank has played intermittently between loan spells with London and Bradford.

I would call it a reliance now. If you take the Giants forwards out of our pack we are down to bare bones. Any injuries and we would be in trouble.

I would call it a reliance now. If you take the Giants forwards out of our pack we are down to bare bones. Any injuries and we would be in trouble.

I guess its a form of reliance, however bare bones or not we are still capable of selecting a winning team from Batley players. The Giants players aren't strictly essential, they just add nicely to our strength when needed.

If the above is correct about only signing 19 players up for next season, then I would definately call it reliant. How many games does a team have an entire fully fit squad available?  I can`t think of any this season.

Think it is six appearances, in league,  to qualify for play offs, which still means Mullally, Fleming,  Johnson and Fairbanks are ok,  does. Anyone know if this also applies to loan signings

If the above is correct about only signing 19 players up for next season, then I would definately call it reliant. How many games does a team have an entire fully fit squad available?  I can`t think of any this season.

Yes, but what evidence have we that this is the case? And what number of a squad should be signed up to the home club? I reckon we have worked with a squad of around 22 this year so not much difference for next season.

Back to predictions.

After seeing the weather forecast, I`m going for a Leigh win.

18-10

ATT 2010

MOM Brierley

Back to predictions.

After seeing the weather forecast, I`m going for a Leigh win.

18-10

ATT 2010

MOM Brierley

They certainly adapted better to the weather than us on our last visit

I think the man to fear is Ridyard, he has a fantastic kicking game... A top stand off IMO. I just hope he's quiet.. If he is we deffo win I reckon. ... ;-)

the only Leigh player to trouble fev last week.never seen anyone kick a ball as high caused havoc at the back.top player.stop him you can win, no doubt.backs are pedestrian and the fev left flank tore their right apart time and time again but JK is a wise owd bird he'll know this ;)

I will go for a Leigh win by about 10 points.

Am told all our forwards are fit and weather forecast is wet and windy.

The weather wont be an issue with the Dogs, we proved that against london bronco's and featherstone in the past and that was at featherstone in cup, still same players except for odd one or two.

i think the weather will come into play, we need the speedsters to have a bit a grip underfoot and the likes a johnson making plenty a yards,if its lashing it down we aint going to make the same yards and tend to throw the ball about a bit too much with some going to ground,just hope we have enough in the last 15 to see em off, but i have a good feeling about this game and still think we are fit enough to do the hard yards up the middle and set us up for some decent moves on the line, should be a cracker and i cant wait. 28-16 to the dogs.

The weather wont be an issue with the Dogs, we proved that against london bronco's and featherstone in the past and that was at featherstone in cup, still same players except for odd one or two.

It was an issue on our last visit wasn`t it?  We got murdered in the pack.

Since our bad run, the team seem to have changed tact and started to play some attractive football.  I fear if the weather is bad we may go back into our shells and start the one man rugby nonsense again.