Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Voodooguru

Shaun Lunt

47 posts in this topic

We all see one thing but McNamara usually sees another .. More and more scribes are ruminating that he'll pick Sinfield at 9 , as his best effort for England came there . He wants to fit him in , but as Schofield says , he doesn't know where ! Shows you shouldn't pick a captain before a team . Burgess should be captain anyway .

bang on there mate, if sinfield plays 9 then our world cup will be another failure. then at least we might make the numpty walk.

Tomkins should be in at scrum-half, which is where he began his career! In international rugby where defences are always tight, you need to have your most elusive and dangerous player with his hands on the ball as much as possible - not stuck at full-back. I seem to remember that Michael Maguire only stuck him there to fit in with the system he'd designed for Wigan at the time. He was actually already an excellent and very effective halfback before his move there, displaying the same qualities as he does as a full-back!

Quite a good piece in the Daily Express this morning about Shaun Lunt, about half a page.

What's going on with him here ? You've got the best 9 in the game ... And you put two hookers on the bench , one of them totally out of his depth ? So Lunt is off the pitch for ages ... And they plummet in quality with his replacements . Overkill or what .Totally bizarre and a waste of a sub ?

I couldn't believe the length of time Anderson kept him off the pitch. It gave the very pro-Wigan commentators and summerisers even more time to big up McIlorum, and with McNamara sitting in the stand as well.

McNamara has said Kirmond is not in his plans . So form has no bearing on picking even a train-on squad ? Very strange . It must be who you play for .

McNamara has said Kirmond is not in his plans . So form has no bearing on picking even a train-on squad ? Very strange . It must be who you play for .

lets be honest, the guy is an absolute clown. how he ever got the job is beyond me, but not picking in form players is a crime. wouldnt be surprised to see mcguire and burrow in the squad.

The fact that Kyle Wood is a regular member of SL's table-topping side is a sad indictment of the game in this country.

He even looked awful in the kids side against Bradford . If I was Lunt I'd be a bit piqued by that one .

The fact that Kyle Wood is a regular member of SL's table-topping side is a sad indictment of the game in this country.

i thought it was odd they took him bavk from wakey when he hardly got a game there.giants often make weird decisions on there hookers, scott moore over lunt for example.

Oh what a surprise ... Sam Tomkins the guest on the rugby . Sky adore him don't they . His own segment in boots n all , upping him endlessly etc etc . Sinfield will be upset , a new sky golden boy pushes him out .

nothing to do with loyalty, you get a chance to go to the nrl, you go, simple.personally hes not a patch on the top nrl fullbacks but well see in the next couple of years