Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westhuller

Amor to Saints

28 posts in this topic

I can't see how they can keep hold of Kirmond. A 'big' team will come for him eventually with too much money to turn down.

Being reported on Twitter by Peter Smith of the Yorkshire Post. Will Kirmond be next ?

League weekly said Salford wanted him but Wire are interested....

saints priority should be half backs...............they have none.

saints priority should be half backs...............they have none.

That's not true; they've signed Luke Walsh from Penrith.

Very happy with the Amor signing. He'll be a great asset to the pack and will compliment the 'impact' of Walmsley and Masoe.

I always thought Leeds were mad for letting him go to Wakefield.

I'm absolutely delighted with this. Losing Perry and Puletua and brining in Amor, Masoe and Beaumont will give us a far better front row. I'm very happy with our recruitment for next year and I believe that the club has signalled its intention to return to the top.

A stand off would still be nice but with a young, pacey backline, a first choice NRL scrum half and a big (largely young) pack we're looking in good shape for 2014.   

Great signing.  Underrated player with lots to offer.  Will only get batter.

no fish? just batter?

How odd

what about scraps?

I'm absolutely delighted with this. Losing Perry and Puletua and brining in Amor, Masoe and Beaumont will give us a far better front row. I'm very happy with our recruitment for next year and I believe that the club has signalled its intention to return to the top.

A stand off would still be nice but with a young, pacey backline, a first choice NRL scrum half and a big (largely young) pack we're looking in good shape for 2014.

How do we know that Brown hasn't signed him as a stand off

Good signing for Saints, always impressed when I watched Wakey. Not good news for them and their prospects next year.

I  feel sorry for the Wakefield fans.I hope they come out of this and move to the new stadium in decent financial state.There is so much potential in the City for a successful club

Mixed feelings about this signing but only based on how it's come about.  I don't like cherry picking a struggling club, it doesn't sit well with me, but at the same time Amor was being made available to buy so I'm glad we bought him rather than someone else as he has always impressed me with his work rate whenever I have watched him play for Wakey (that isn't very often, relying upon TV appearances only, but he appears to be consistently good). 

On the point someone mentioned about halfbacks, we have Luke Walsh from Penrith Panthers on a two year deal from next season and I suppose our other halfback will probably be Lance Hohaia, who may do better in the role with a proper scrum half to work alongside, something he has yet to have.  If James Roby's ankles can stay fit and Lomax doesn't do his hamstring in again (and develops his defensive positioning) then we will have a good spine for the next couple of seasons with a bit of umph up front too, for a change (we have such a powderpuff pack at present).

Mixed feelings about this signing but only based on how it's come about.  I don't like cherry picking a struggling club, it doesn't sit well with me, but at the same time Amor was being made available to buy so I'm glad we bought him rather than someone else as he has always impressed me with his work rate whenever I have watched him play for Wakey (that isn't very often, relying upon TV appearances only, but he appears to be consistently good). 

On the point someone mentioned about halfbacks, we have Luke Walsh from Penrith Panthers on a two year deal from next season and I suppose our other halfback will probably be Lance Hohaia, who may do better in the role with a proper scrum half to work alongside, something he has yet to have.  If James Roby's ankles can stay fit and Lomax doesn't do his hamstring in again (and develops his defensive positioning) then we will have a good spine for the next couple of seasons with a bit of umph up front too, for a change (we have such a powderpuff pack at present).

If you read the wildcats website you will see Kyle told our new chairman he was going to leave at the end of 2014 when his contract ran out, so we as Wakefield fans are not happy with him leaving BUT St Helens have paid £50,000 apparently, which helps our club survive....I cant believe I am writing this but it's probably a good thing your club bought him, even though it makes me sad!!! :( :(

I always thought Leeds were mad for letting him go to Wakefield.

I think he was one of those rare Leeds player's who wanted to leave.He was playing regular at Wakey,bit I agree Leeds could have used him at times

Great signing for the club, think we are shaping up to have one of, if not the strongest pack in SL next year.

Amor, Roby, Walmsley

Soliola, Manu

LMS

bench - Masoe, Laffranchi, Beaumont & Wilkin (as he can cover any position on the field)

Sad to lose a player of his quality, not sad to lose a player that seems to want to up his money or move for money every five games or so.

Perfect move for him I'd say, a shorter trip to Cumbria which he's never really accepted being away from.