Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

14/09/13 - SL Qual Play-off: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

426 posts in this topic

Warrington in a pretty-high-scoring game for me; probably have too much up front for Leeds to keep at bay for 80 minutes.

The home crowd is always worth a few points to both these teams. I'd fancy Leeds if it was at at Headingley.

I hope Wire win, but I think Leeds will. It should be a wonderful game.

Leeds need a Backs to the wall situation and this game will provide that.Wire by18.Its not this probable defeat that the hater's and the nervous should celebrate its the game or games that come next. That is if the Champs get beat.No one wants to play Leeds .After Saturday that is

interesting preview to this game on SL warmup - Warrington literally didnt get a mention. All about Peacock and Leeds' back three.

Good work lads.

Looking forward to this. I wanted to check something - if Wire win, they would have clubcall. Am I misremembering or did they make a big song and dance about not liking it and simply choosing the lower placed team last time? So, if the choice was Leeds or the Giants...

yes whoever wins today will get clubcall. I assume they will just pick the lowest ranked team available. Leeds beating Wire and Wigan in tge semis has had nothing to do with clubcall so I dont think that would come into the thinking.

Didn't they choose Leeds and lose when they were League winners?

Didn't they choose Leeds and lose when they were League winners?

my point was that they both Wigan and Warrington chose the lowest place. They didnt hand pick Leeds so there is no motivational element there at all. Basically all clubs so far have pretty much refused to make a call.

The first time a team chooses somebody other than lowest seed it becomes interesting because even in subsequent years, choosing lowest ranked team is then effectively a choice as a precedent has been set.

I dont think we'll ever see it though and Clubcall will be out after next year.

yes whoever wins today will get clubcall. I assume they will just pick the lowest ranked team available. Leeds beating Wire and Wigan in tge semis has had nothing to do with clubcall so I dont think that would come into the thinking.

This has always been the case however, I think this year represents a real difficult decision for the club call.

For instance, say Wire win today in a close tight game. They might have a pick between Huddersfield and Leeds. Common sense would suggest pick Leeds as they finished 3rd. However, I think Wire would face more of a chance against Huddersfield. They have beaten them 3 out of 3 this year with an aggregate of something like 106-38. It would be a real tough decision, do you choose the champions and the play off kings or the team that finished top but are not rated that highly.

This is the hardest to call game of the weekend but I'll go for a narrow Wire win.

I will be shopping at the mall .When I'm having a beer about 11.30 will be looking at updates.I have said before Leeds need a back to the wall situation and this game will provide that .A win for Wire today

good reply from Leeds. Two errors in our own half gifting the ball to Leeds.