Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

14/09/13 - SL Qual Play-off: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

426 posts in this topic

Sorry if I'm a little late with my comment here but who is Stuart (comical Ali) Cummings trying to kid with that forward pass from Watkins! Having stopped the picture at the point it leaves his hand and then again at the point it's caught, the ball travels approx 5m lateral and 5m forward. You would have to be travelling at ridiculous inhuman speeds for momentum to account for that.

It was a forward pass, end of!

No amount of warp or spin from the officials apologist changes that.

He passed it back, the position relative to the ground is irrelevant, it's the one to Sinfield you should question

I often watch Sky games without the sound and had forgotten how much Stevo disliked us.

He passed it back, the position relative to the ground is irrelevant, it's the one to Sinfield you should question

For once we agree!

The officials are having way too big an influence on this game.

That was a great defensive effort by Hardaker. I didn't think it was a try personally but hard to argue with a benefit of the doubt call there.

Don't mind the BOD but I haven't seen it used all season, why now.

Despite child's efforts that has been a great half of RL

I thought punch to the head was straight red?

Correct, very lucky and I'm happy he's stayed on..... But I believe in fairness.

For the sake of the game, I'm happy with the call, but based on consistency with similar decisions over the year Briers can count himself incredibly lucky not to see red.

And this is the problem with any game, never mind league, no consistency in any ball sport.

Don't mind the BOD but I haven't seen it used all season, why now.

Despite child's efforts that has been a great half of RL

Play offs - everything changes, it's a joke and IMHO asss covering.

Thought the BOD decision was the right one. Couldn't clearly see it was definitely not a try so had to be given. 

An another person who doesn't understand the laws of physics.

I understand the laws of physics just fine, but the forces, trajectories and momentums would ave to be times 10 to account for the ball being that far forward over such a short distance.

Play offs - everything changes, it's a joke and IMHO asss covering.

Yeah every game is reffed differently to the normal league season

Thought the BOD decision was the right one. Couldn't clearly see it was definitely not a try so had to be given.

The way isaw it was hardaker had stopped momentum the both Leeds and Warrington players piled on and the ball ended up on the ground after that so no try, but I'm happy with the BOD as it could have gone either way

I understand the laws of physics just fine, but the forces, trajectories and momentums would ave to be times 10 to account for the ball being that far forward over such a short distance.

Then you don't understand the laws of physics, clearly, strange you're the only one questioning it.

totally agree with this, it was forward a mile end of. it was never passed backwards to allow momentum to take it forward, it was passed forward.

child completely out on Briers, he hit a person from behind undefended in the head, completely cowardly and deserved a straight red and if there is any consistency he will be up before the beak Tuesday and banned.

For the sake of consistency Briers should have walked.

But on a side note, why do so many players seem to want to take a shot at Ablett. It's not like Briers has a rep for throwing out the right hooks. And along with many half-backs he is often targeted by the opposition.

What a joke the officials are!

Briers should have been sent off or at least sin binned.

The play the ball for Warrington's second try was not played correctly

The third try for Warrington should never have been given, benefit of the doubt....my a..se!

Great game spoilt by the officials, they will turn people off watching the game.