Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mackin89

Roughyeds to be bought by Koukash?

130 posts in this topic

I posted this also on the Main Forum but as an ex Oldham fan (Ganley, Davies, Turner era)  I really cannot understand the Doom and Gloomers.    Especially from Oldham.     Oldham RL are a sleeping giant and under Mr Hamilton they will stay asleep.   

Dr K  is a breath of fresh air and although I am disappointed he is looking at Latics for Mrs Koukash to take a stake in the Roughyeds would be great.

He may also be looking to buy control of the Oldham Chron - (is it still Hirst Kidd & Rennie ?) & then he will print his own publicity.

A MAJOR man and dont doubt his willingness to upset a few dinosaurs along the way.

and as i said on the main forum....he can't own 2 RL CLUBS

also i believe you've made stuff up there....buy the chron?? wtf??

Yes I was joking re the Chron though I will put the idea to him.

Of course you can have an interest in 2 clubs.  Gary & Kath Hetherington had Leeds & Hull for many years - its all about using the family.

Be more positive especially if they get involved.  He has been a breath of fresh air at Salford.

Surely you want to see change at Oldham?   

kath & gary hetherington are/where EMPLOYED by two different clubs as chief ex's...completely different...

you seem to forget the fundamental rule that 1 person can't OWN 2 clubs

You are wrong chum.   They held controlling share interests.  Gary via Paul Caddick & Kath outright.   Stop fighting this and welcome him.   

He has done more to get people talking about RL in the past 2 years than the RFL has managed to to in the past 10 years the game needs the cash so good luck to the bloke thats all I can say

if thats true then great...but ive been arguing that 1 PERSON can't OWN 2 clubs...

Agree but Mr & Mrs Koukash are different persons.   It will be great for Oldham if it comes off.  Lobby Mr Hamilton please.

My personal view is that if Mr Koukash wants to invest in Oldham RL in any way then we should welcome that. 

could be a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

spud, maybe he would be able to take over the club by making us part of Salford.  He would only own 1 club then and we would be part of Salford.

heard we'll be playing at salford next season and will probably mean the end of whitebank.

interesting idea can't see it washing with the fans though....

as for playing at salford next year....needs must if we want to be promoted im afraid..

could be a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

spud, maybe he would be able to take over the club by making us part of Salford.  He would only own 1 club then and we would be part of Salford.

heard we'll be playing at salford next season and will probably mean the end of whitebank.

Can't see us playing at Salford for any reason, it would be the death knell it's to far,even worse than Sedgley Park and to difficult to get to for fans.

If Mr Koukash is on the verge of buying the Latics and interested in us surely that would solve any problems at Boundry Park that would make sense

I don't think the Red Devils own the City of Salford Stadium do they? Or do they? I don't know for sure.

I think if any other RL team was going to share it would be Swinton.

You lot will be back at Boundary Park and in the Super League post hast of he starts throwing money around.

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for and in this case it all sounds wonderful, but do we have any inkling of what is really behind all this?

That said however, sometimes you have to grab things while you can and if the choice is between grabbing what's allegedly on offer or the status quo then I'm for grabbing it while we can.

All sounds very exciting but as article says at very early stages, hope it comes off !

wonder if the doctor is a hairnets fan and his timing is designed to upset our play off preparations ;-)

won't surprise me if we hear nothing again about this...

as simon corney said upon hearing of koukash's plan to buy both clubs and building a new stadium...he said "erm...we've not heard off him for 3months"

Lets be fair most of the `anti` brigade were dealt a mallet blow last week with the fantastic signings the Doctor has financed.    You need to be more positive Spud.

i just think its wise to try and figure the guy out first..

if you recall yesterday on here & the main board i was all about establishing if 1 man can own 2 clubs.....and when some proposed maybe he owns salford & his wife owns oldham....i was like ok,lwts see what happens...

personally i don't think hes rich enough to own 2 RL clubs,a football clubs that will cost more than the 2 RL clubs combined....ontop of his "racing empire"....and he wants to build a stadium too...

sounds abit like that american stanford guy who got into cricket....whos now serving a very long term in prison...

i really hope hes genuine and he does have the money to do what he wants to do in RL......buts theres just something about him....

personally i don't think hes rich enough to own 2 RL clubs,a football clubs that will cost more than the 2 RL clubs combined....ontop of his "racing empire"....and he wants to build a stadium too...

in the 2012 times rich list his wealth was estimated at £550 million so i think he will be fine, over 50 horses in training, entry fees etc will cost a lot more than the wage bill of ORLFC and Salford combined,

personally think this is the best news about ORLFC for a long time, big question is will he want to take on the debt the club has and pay CH to walk away all Oldham fans  both rugby and football past and present should have their fingers crossed. Sharing Boundary park is the correct way forward neither club are big enough to solely use a stadium, with somebody like Koukash on board both clubs will have the chance to get the product on the pitch to a good standard then long term build the new ground.

£550m??

how come i can't find a figure if i google his wealth? surely the times rich list would pop up??

£550m is plenty enough,hopefully its realistic