Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mackin89

Roughyeds to be bought by Koukash?

130 posts in this topic

and please everyone don't eqate my questioning as being negative or anti koukash......im just trying to dig out some facts .

As a Salford fan I was extremely dubious when the Doc came on board but having seen his work and spoken to him several times, I honestly believe he's a genuinely nice bloke who wants to make a difference. I get that he's very in your face but his heart is definitely in the right place. All the negativity the club has received about him is in my eyes pure jealousy, not many clubs would refuse the chances we have been given.

So if it comes off welcome him as I'm sure the only way he will go with your club is up. Good luck.

There is nothing to stop him owning shares in different clubs. However, I don't think he will be allowed to be a director of more than one club as this as there would be a conflict of interests.

It would be good for both clubs and the town if it came about.

personally i don't think hes rich enough to own 2 RL clubs,a football clubs that will cost more than the 2 RL clubs combined....ontop of his "racing empire"....and he wants to build a stadium too...

in the 2012 times rich list his wealth was estimated at £550 million so i think he will be fine, over 50 horses in training, entry fees etc will cost a lot more than the wage bill of ORLFC and Salford combined,

personally think this is the best news about ORLFC for a long time, big question is will he want to take on the debt the club has and pay CH to walk away all Oldham fans  both rugby and football past and present should have their fingers crossed. Sharing Boundary park is the correct way forward neither club are big enough to solely use a stadium, with somebody like Koukash on board both clubs will have the chance to get the product on the pitch to a good standard then long term build the new ground.

CH walk away? With the contact made with Salford this year I could see CH being the front runner to be appointed CEO under a new Koukash regime.

It wouldn't be a bad appointment either.

The only way to build the club back up is by removing CH from any involvement, he has alienated far too many people over the years

CH walk away? With the contact made with Salford this year I could see CH being the front runner to be appointed CEO under a new Koukash regime.

It wouldn't be a bad appointment either.

Hilarious!!

don are you serious?

dont doubt his committment and passion but I feel hes failed to deliver in a number of areas in the running of the club.

anyway lets not turn the thread into an anti-CH rant....we've had loads of posts about this over the years.

on the subject of where we're playing next year, can anyone think of a reason why we'd not be allowed to play at BP next season? (assuming the big if...ie we get promoted)

Agree with others that it would make perfect sense to play at BP or other closer venues but i've been told that we're playing at salford and the only reason I can think is because for some reason we arent allowed to play at BP.

don are you serious?

dont doubt his committment and passion but I feel hes failed to deliver in a number of areas in the running of the club.

anyway lets not turn the thread into an anti-CH rant....we've had loads of posts about this over the years.

on the subject of where we're playing next year, can anyone think of a reason why we'd not be allowed to play at BP next season? (assuming the big if...ie we get promoted)

Agree with others that it would make perfect sense to play at BP or other closer venues but i've been told that we're playing at salford and the only reason I can think is because for some reason we arent allowed to play at BP.

Cos latics don't want us there?

I believe its not  because they don't want the rugby playing there Its that the present management are not wanted there.

if thats true then great...but ive been arguing that 1 PERSON can't OWN 2 clubs...

Too much time in the Shep Spud!!

This story seems to be getting some momentum, sounds exciting but am worried about this rumour of us playing at Salford's new ground ?

Don't want us to be another MK Dons story !! 

Indeed, cant see how they could fit us in though with Salford, Sale and Man Utd reserves apparently now playing there

Well it looks like the first hurdle has gone with the RFL's consent for the Doctor to go ahead.

The next hurdle is CH. Interesting the article suggest a family member or business associate may run the club so we may see a whole new era.

That should put a few smiley faces on this forum.

Well it looks like the first hurdle has gone with the RFL's consent for the Doctor to go ahead.

The next hurdle is CH. Interesting the article suggest a family member or business associate may run the club so we may see a whole new era.

That should put a few smiley faces on this forum.

As you say the next hurdle is CH. He says if someone comes in who thinks they can take it forward he is happy to sell. What is there to sell virtually no assets and significant debt - its an insolvent company. If CH is looking for a bag of gold to sell that could scupper the deal as I am sure the Doctor has the business nouse to see its worth naff all.

As you say the next hurdle is CH. He says if someone comes in who thinks they can take it forward he is happy to sell. What is there to sell virtually no assets and significant debt - its an insolvent company. If CH is looking for a bag of gold to sell that could scupper the deal as I am sure the Doctor has the business nouse to see its worth naff all.

got nothing to do with assets and current worth, that's why accountants work for others. It's got a lot to do with POTENTIAL! And that's what Oldham has got in abundance. Dr Koukash will ask himself if he can make a good return from his investment. And we all k now he can. So he will pay ch what he thinks it's worth irrespective of the value of the assets.

got nothing to do with assets and current worth, that's why accountants work for others. It's got a lot to do with POTENTIAL! And that's what Oldham has got in abundance. Dr Koukash will ask himself if he can make a good return from his investment. And we all k now he can. So he will pay ch what he thinks it's worth irrespective of the value of the assets.

Who actually makes a good return from a RL club?

In order to make a small fortune in RL you have to invest a large one.

Don't agree. You don't pay good money for what might be possible, you pay for what is tangible now. A good return from his investment? Which teams in Rugby League are actually profitable? The only way to make it a profitable deal would be to link the stadium development into some larger property investment deal which would require some actual foresight from Oldham Council and the co-operation of Latics!

Don't agree. You don't pay good money for what might be possible, you pay for what is tangible now. A good return from his investment? Which teams in Rugby League are actually profitable? The only way to make it a profitable deal would be to link the stadium development into some larger property investment deal which would require some actual foresight from Oldham Council and the co-operation of Latics!

that's accountant speak. Entrepreneurs look at the potential and how they can add something. The best business buys are the ones being mismanaged. Because you kno w once you manage it correctly then you will make a return. A return by the way is whatever the objectives you set.