Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mackin89

Roughyeds to be bought by Koukash?

130 posts in this topic

that's accountant speak. Entrepreneurs look at the potential and how they can add something. The best business buys are the ones being mismanaged. Because you kno w once you manage it correctly then you will make a return. A return by the way is whatever the objectives you set.

Do you think Koukash is doing it for the good of his health or for the welfare of the people of Oldham? He's a businessman looking to make money. What's he doing at Salford - looking to buy the stadium so that he can develop the land around in order to recoup the mega bucks he is throwing down the drain in an RL club. He can't do that at Whitebank but knows its possible at Latics (or an alternative site housing both clubs if Council play ball). So its not about sorting out an ailing business here, its a case of starting a club again from  almost scratch.

If CH was honourable he would pass over the keys / RL licence at no cost - he's had a decent salary out of it for a number of years. He's taken out rather than put in and driven a once great club to near extinction (again - but never been far from it during his reign). You may say well he's just being a business man as well in seeking some cash for the sale, but if I were in his shoes I would be embarrassed to ask for money to sell an insolvent company with no assets and no potential in its current home.

interesting times ahead thats for sure.....

sure is.Hopefully it will all come off in a way that will get us back where we belong at the top playing in top facilities. My father saw us win everything bar the challenge cup. I would be happy with just that.But they better get a move on.

lets not get carried away...lol

lets just worry about getting to the right end of the championship first.

got nothing to do with assets and current worth, that's why accountants work for others. It's got a lot to do with POTENTIAL! And that's what Oldham has got in abundance. Dr Koukash will ask himself if he can make a good return from his investment. And we all k now he can. So he will pay ch what he thinks it's worth irrespective of the value of the assets.

how much exactly Is a club 200k in debt and no assets to speak of worth then, CH would be a very lucky man if MK agreed to take over the club and its debt and let him just walk away, somehow I can't see that happening, on the other side potential is only generally achieved by investment

if its about a return on investment why the hell is he interested in buying a football club??

its far easier to make a profit in RL than it is in football..

if its about a return on investment why the hell is he interested in buying a football club??

its far easier to make a profit in RL than it is in football..

until you get to the promised land of the premiership 40 million, if it's that easy to make a profit in RL how come our CE a former accountant cant manage to make any

Dr Koukash allegedly has around 500 million in his personal kitty, which is growing year upon year. I'm not actually sure that he's bothered about making money from his sporting ventures. Think of him as a very low level Abramaovich, who's only in it at Chelsea for the ego trip and personal glory.

TAOHF - just spat my dinner out laughing at BP and Bernabau mentioned in the same sentence ha ha....

To be honest I'm not sure what the Doctors motivations are to be involved with us.

He cant seriously think you can make a profit out of RL.  Most of the clubs are up to their eyeballs in debt and those the rest haven't admitted it yet.

OAFC is probably more attractive but he'll have to spend a few million to try to get Latics back in the Prem to try to get a payback.

I can see the Doctor getting some comeback on getting BP/Whitebank as part of buying OAFC and flogging the land on for houses and building a joint ground for us both.

On the subject of CH, he's going to want some sort of pay day or position in the new regime or both.  Personally i'd rather see a clean sweep and new faces all round.

until you get to the promised land of the premiership 40 million, if it's that easy to make a profit in RL how come our CE a former accountant cant manage to make any

cos he's not very good at accounting lol

seriously though...widnes in 2009 (irrc) made a profit of a million quid while still in the championship,with crowds of around 3500-4000...

*found the link

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/widnes-vikings-oconnor-delighted-1m-5885429

On the subject of CH, he's going to want some sort of pay day or position in the new regime or both. Personally i'd rather see a clean sweep and new faces all round.

chris will probably keep a position within the club during the transition period and be part of a actually multi person board for a change instead of CH being sat at a desk on his todd.

New stadium eh? Has a site been identified? Will it get planning permission? What's the timescale?

Preliminary work has already begun on delivering the new North Stand at BP and it's supposed to be ready for next season. So how do you think Oldham Council will react to completing this and writing off £5m of ratepayers money?

Unless Dr. K is proposing to refurbish the rest of BP I don't see how it works albeit I'd love to see a brand new stadium i.e. at Beal Valley. 

theres plenty of room at boundary park for a new stadium....and has excellent motorway links...

only problem with BP is the way the pitch faces....needs turning 90 degrees

http://www.roughyeds.co.uk/latest-news/positive-talks-on-takeover/#more-9783

‘Positive’ talks on takeover

CHRIS Hamilton, owner of Oldham Rugby League Club (1997) Ltd, has confirmed that he has had ‘positive’ talks with Dr Marwan Koukash about his plans to buy the club.

Following a series of telephone talks they met on Tuesday night.

Said Chris: “The meeting was a positive one. We are still in the early stages, with a lot of work to be done, but we will continue with the process in terms of moving things forward.

“There isn’t much more I can say at the moment, but we will keep people informed.”

The wealthy horse racing magnate and owner of Salford Red Devils has said he will press ahead with plans to buy both Oldham RL Club and Oldham Athletic FC.

A key part of his ambitious plan, according to reports in the M.E.N., is to build a new stadium in Oldham to house both clubs as well as other sports such as basketball and netball.

He told the paper: “Why can’t I take charge of three clubs ? I know I can and I fully intend to. Owning three clubs can work and they can all prosper, it’s not a problem.

“The talks I had with Chris Hamilton on Tuesday night were extremely productive.

“We still have a lot to do, but I am very hopeful things will come off pretty soon.

“I would like to reach a deal with both clubs and then look at building what would be a sporting destination in Oldham with a new stadium.

“I know for a fact I can look after the interests of all three clubs and make them all a major force.”

Dr Koukash allegedly has around 500 million in his personal kitty, which is growing year upon year. I'm not actually sure that he's bothered about making money from his sporting ventures. Think of him as a very low level Abramaovich, who's only in it at Chelsea for the ego trip and personal glory.

That is a fantastic post with analysis about a Palestinian refugee and a Russian you have never met.

Did you just work that out from press coverage ?

I bet you have already worked out I am on an ego trip and personal glory from what I have just typed out.Amazing. 

I am in awe.No need to inform you about my personal kitty.

I am just surprised with your amazing knowledge that you haven't informed the Oldham followers the purchase price of both Oldham sports clubs.

That is a fantastic post with analysis about a Palestinian refugee and a Russian you have never met.

I bet you have already worked out I am on an ego trip and personal glory from what I have just typed out.Amazing.

I am just surprised with your amazing knowledge that you haven't informed the Oldham followers the purchase price of both Oldham sports clubs.

Not really sure what you hoped to gain from this quite frankly bizarre attack, but I hope your period clears up quickly.

:shout: Jesus!!!! Pick up your hand bag and go for a ###### sweety.

This club could be bigger than Salford under new Management with the right investment plan and in the right location.

Lactics and Rugby do not mix and never will!!

when we have the same owner...latics fans are just gonna have to suck it up

Lactics and Rugby do not mix and never will!!

It works at Wigan , Huddersfield and Hull why not at Oldham.

Reading the article by CH I was astounded by his comment. " Why should I be replaced "

Simply because you have lost the trust and respect of a lot of fans would be the cry.

I cannot believe that anyone who has accumulated so much wealth who wants to expand his sporting empire would not want any apart fromthe best people available to run the club with or for him.

In my book that rules CH out on the majority of points apart from possibly his passion.