Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roughyedspud

marwan koukash at it again..

96 posts in this topic

yeah its well fun lol

he's chucked a grenade over in oldham (no jokes about it needing it) by saying he wants to buy a rugby club he can't and a football club whos current chairman/owner has said "we've not spoke to koukash for 3 months"????

but yeah good luck too him lol

I trust that was with tongue firmly in cheek. I certainly hope so!

My cheek has stretchmarks from that one

We do need more people like the good Doctor in Rugby League. Lets hope he can persuade some of his business mates to get involved in our game as well. He gets us positive column inches in the newspapers something they don't seem capable of at RFL HQ nowadays.

could marwan own salford and mrs koukash own oldham RLFC?

that allowed?

I don't see how you'd stop that, I guess its not common practice because one loss making sports club in the family is normally enough!  And no thats not a dig at Salford, but i do often think the term benefactor rather than investor is far more appropriate when talking about the majority of sports clubs.

I don't see how you'd stop that, I guess its not common practice because one loss making sports club in the family is normally enough!  And no thats not a dig at Salford, but i do often think the term benefactor rather than investor is far more appropriate when talking about the majority of sports clubs.

maybe thats how he'll get around it then??

lets clear this up...

what clubs have the hetheringtons owned?

does gary own any part of leeds? and did kath own any part of hull?

Good on him. He is great for the sport. He also told Radio Manchester that he wants to open a racecourse in Salford. Apparently there is an old one that is still there?

Should avoid two clubs having the same owners, even an owner as *enterprising* as the good doctor.

Other than that I like the attitude that sparking new life into clubs like Oldham will actually be good for their local rivals.

Good on him. He is great for the sport. He also told Radio Manchester that he wants to open a racecourse in Salford. Apparently there is an old one that is still there?

The old racecourse is now part of the the University of Salfords estate with the old student union club the pav and some flats and student houses where i spent a messy first year of uni.

In regards the deal as a Oldham fan id be more than happy for him to go for it

Oldham RoughREDS.

I like this - it has potential and takes OIdham's DR relationship with Salford to the next logical level.

When it happens, and Oldham are a force in Super League, Rough-Reds fans will doubtless remind us lowly Hornets of what a fantastic idea it was.

;) 

He can take over Barrow if he likes, we already have our own ground. I'm not going to complain about it.

I like this - it has potential and takes OIdham's DR relationship with Salford to the next logical level.

When it happens, and Oldham are a force in Super League, Rough-Reds fans will doubtless remind us lowly Hornets of what a fantastic idea it was.

;)

we give you enough stick now my 13 fingered friend ;)

I'd bloody love it if he bought Latics but it's odd that the current owner keeps saying he hasnt heard a peep from him for over 3 months and says that he finds it all unsettling. Odd to occasionally pop up and claim to want to buy a club if you dont do anything about it. But if it's just for publicity why on earth use Oldham? Hardly a high profile pair of sports clubs. All very strange but come on down Dr, we both want your lovely lovely lolly......

I would be amazed if you could find more than a handful of lower league fans who would be anything other than absolutely delighted to see him buy there club, and those handful would be the usual miserable, only there to complain types.