Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ramstieidie

james cravens signed for cougars

33 posts in this topic

cougars have confirmed the signing of james craven from the Dewsbury rams

Can't blame him really because of the way he has been used this season. Wants to play week in week out, and he should be. Knew he was a good player when i watched him play at Thornhill.

He wouldn't get the role of full-back the way morton is playing at the moment. However he's done well for us in the time he's been at the club

He wouldn't get the role of full-back the way morton is playing at the moment. However he's done well for us in the time he's been at the club

How do you know James wouldn't have played better or Morton scored more on the wing?

Just stating what I've seen this season morton has been outstanding this season since his switch to fullback.

Just stating what I've seen this season morton has been outstanding this season since his switch to fullback. Hindsight is a good thing but I'm going with what I've observed something you can't comment on with not being a rams fan

I thought he was!

Good signing for keighley, loss for us as wev now no longer any dewsbury born players in our team?? Unless akadiere re signs and walshaw. whats very important now we get a good quick winger to replace him or a good fullback. I actually believe craven was only ever dropped through is defence work and reading of the game as mortons abit more solid defensively and thats why pryce also played fullback for some time ,hence James craven was pushed on the wing or not even included some weeks. I actually expect Morton to be back on the wings next year and us to have a new fullback.

Told u lot a few week ago craven was off 2 keighley big loss for us craven was ###### off though he was telling us at awards night by the way he was talking to us him and Glenn did not seem to seem eye to eye good luck in new adventure James gutted :(

good luck james mate,big loss,one of the best full backs in the division

A really, really good player. Wish we'd have kept him at Batley but the coaching staff at the time obviously didn't spot his potential.

Good signing for keighley, loss for us as wev now no longer any dewsbury born players in our team?? Unless akadiere re signs and walshaw. whats very important now we get a good quick winger to replace him or a good fullback. I actually believe craven was only ever dropped through is defence work and reading of the game as mortons abit more solid defensively and thats why pryce also played fullback for some time ,hence James craven was pushed on the wing or not even included some weeks. I actually expect Morton to be back on the wings next year and us to have a new fullback.

If I'm right when i say this, I remember Glenn saying in the press that he were looking at a few local amateur teams, anyone can correct me if I'm wrong

We always look at the amateur scene but I suspect that there is little to excite us. I'm still of the understanding that our next FB will be new to the British game.

Sorry to see JC leave but, as always, money talks. I hope that he's confident that Keighley can continue to pay their inflated salaries throughout the whole of the season.

(I won't be at the DVS - 28C where I am at present! )

BSJ - I guess that arranging holidays in the scheduled play off time means that you were confident

that we would get knocked out early or indeed not even qualify.

At least I will only miss the B****y friendly while I am away on holiday.

BSJ - I guess that arranging holidays in the scheduled play off time means that you were confident

that we would get knocked out early or indeed not even qualify.

At least I will only miss the B****y friendly while I am away on holiday.

Not confident WR, maybe fatalistic! If you are suggesting that my commitment to the cause may be less than your own then I bow to your optimism and fortitude. On the other hand when you are enjoying the team slithering about at DVS for one last time I shall just be getting out of the pool, ready for dinner. Someone has to do it!

:bye:

We always look at the amateur scene but I suspect that there is little to excite us. I'm still of the understanding that our next FB will be new to the British game.

Sorry to see JC leave but, as always, money talks. I hope that he's confident that Keighley can continue to pay their inflated salaries throughout the whole of the season.

Inflated salaries? How do you know this? Or is it the usual bull from you again

Oooooh straight out of the knife drawer!

Just why else would anyone go to Keighley other than for the money?

HTH

HTH

First team rugby? In a postion other than wing?

I misread this.............I thought that you were saying it was -28C where you are at present.............I guessed that you were taking your bird watching to extremes.........Emperors or Rockhoppers? 

In defence of BSJ, there is a certain precedent (precedentS, in fact) isn't there? His suspicion is perhaps justified.

HTH

...... and why would anyone want to play for Dewsbury when there is a far Superior team in the Bulldogs just a minute or two down the road ? ;)

...... and why would anyone want to play for Dewsbury when there is a far Superior team in the Bulldogs just a minute or two down the road ? ;)

Good old Batley fans always good for a laugh.How many of the 300 club are going to Leigh?

Good old Batley fans always good for a laugh.How many of the 300 club are going to Leigh?

I wouldn't know as I'm not a Batley fan ;)